Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #65  
I'm fully aware that it's complicated. My point is that the decision needs to be made in the design process, not in the pixeling process. When we come up with an idea for an item, we need to stop RIGHT THERE and decide how to include masculine poses. If we go through and design a dozen feminine poses and get them pixeled, who's going to want to make the item late by not starting on the masculine design process until THEN? It's going to be "we've got enough poses, ship the item." And that'll be the end of it.

The point about pixel-nudging for unisexing is valid -- and in fact the masculine-styled poses need to have poses that fit the female base, and vice-versa, because that's also a very important thing to have.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-03-2013, 12:59 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
otherwise we have stuff like the lolita set right? only usable for one gender
Old Posted 02-03-2013, 01:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #67  
It's actually okay for common sets to be single-gender, as long as we have some masculine sets in there too. Common sets aren't time-limited, they don't cost real-world money, and there's not a limit on how many of them are available. It's DIs that I'm worried about. (I'm happy to say that our current set of yearlies is nicely gender-neutral all around.)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-03-2013, 01:33 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
ok, then more like twisted image which is a female exclusive monthly
Old Posted 02-03-2013, 01:37 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #69  
*checks image previews* Yeah, that's a good example.

Old Posted 02-03-2013, 01:50 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
i liked some of our oldest ones like the solar kingdom though but it is an item with heavily drawn gender lines but it is a contained set with equel parts male and female
Old Posted 02-03-2013, 01:56 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #71  
To be honest, I don't think the Requiro had any designs. I think it went straight to pixels. I could be wrong in this because I've been dealing with real life things and have been absent all month (mostly)

But I agree with Coda, it should be in the designs.
both male and female items are needed to make it useable for everyone.
AND I think it is a sound request since people are paying /real money/ for them.
"It's in the stars.
It's been written in the scars on our hearts.

Your head is running wild again, my dear.
We still have everythin'.
We're not broken, just bent.
I'll fix it for us.
Our love's enough. "
Old Posted 02-03-2013, 01:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
XD I try, but I must say I liked my tailored cuts so a lot of my male items that I design specifically for the male avatar end up looking feminine. OTL sorry. I think the star fleet is a perfect example of this and the trisphee birthday kimonos.

I've ask this before and I agree with rem I think monmon does the best job of it but what is a masculine item? The answer becomes looser clothing cuts and a vague idea of masculinity. Lets face it the design team is full of females that like to put sexy items out there for the public. I think I like the idea of one Male DI one female DI and one unisex one.

Though for me personally I need to do more research and get out of my box and stop thinking so single minded of mens fashion xD other wise we end up with the same military inspired male items.
Old Posted 02-03-2013, 02:12 AM Reply With Quote  
Professional Monster Hunter
Default   #73  
I had no problem with space fleet as it had some male poses or atleast it looked like it did. Requiro on the other hand while it has some poses looks mainly female now i did buy it for the poses i would use but i cant help feeling more could have been done with it for the males the other RDI i love for the hair, suspenders, belt, teeth, coat and pants. Requiro only has the undies, wings and gloves for me. The kicker is they all are very male or at the least very unisexed and even if its unisexed i still want it to look very MALE the coat in Requiro just doesn't seem that it doesn't shout male to me at all
Old Posted 02-03-2013, 02:26 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
What we need pogs is for our "MALE TRISPHEE PEEPS!" to speak up and tell us what to design
what they want
what they consider "MALE"
Cause... I'm a girl.. so lets face the facts k? I like my men topless. That cuts out the shirt in my mind all together xD
And the pants, I'm a "tripp" fiend. I love chains, spikes 'n and that baggyness. Or the exact opposite, skinny jeans.
OR finally, Suits.
My knees get weak seeing my man in a suit, and hell put that goofy smile on his face and I'm putty.

--I'm so useless on mens clothes its insane.
"It's in the stars.

I'll fix it for us.
Our love's enough. "
Old Posted 02-03-2013, 02:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Lurker of Lurkiness
Default   #75  
-very much wants to design "male" items but don't know if they'll be good enough- x.x;
As fabulous and pretty as they are, Ulti's avatars are always male~

Please use "he"/"him" or "they"/"them" pronouns when referring to me please <3

User since 9-22-10

I love it when people use my Sinopa emotes~ <3
~
Old Posted 02-03-2013, 02:34 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
ulti baby if you design stuff send it to me or fen or galla or nex
XDD

male items = hearts !
"It's in the stars.

I'll fix it for us.
Our love's enough. "
Old Posted 02-03-2013, 02:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Lurker of Lurkiness
Default   #77  
I will try o3o
As fabulous and pretty as they are, Ulti's avatars are always male~

Please use "he"/"him" or "they"/"them" pronouns when referring to me please <3

User since 9-22-10

I love it when people use my Sinopa emotes~ <3
~
Old Posted 02-03-2013, 02:45 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
YAY!
We have an UTLI!
*cheers on ulti*
"It's in the stars.

I'll fix it for us.
Our love's enough. "
Old Posted 02-03-2013, 02:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Default   #79  
I'll be honest, granted my opinion is different from that of the typical male, I find that even those poses which a lot of people would called "feminine" are quite easily able to be incorporated into a male design. I've only done a female avi once, and I use items pretty much regardless of the gender they may have been "aimed at" or "intended for."

I enjoy both Requiro and Tundra Troll. Between the two, I actually see myself using Requiro more because of some of the poses integrating into what I normally use a bit better, but still using Tundra Troll because of the colors and some of the poses would be for specific "outfits."
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 02-03-2013, 03:18 AM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
well I am a female but I prefer having a male avatar. I wish there were more masculine items such as coats, cargo pants, ...hmm I just realized that there are a lot of male items but that the focus is more on the design than actually making it gender-specific, I do like most items on here and I like spending my money on them too.

What I am trying to say is that it would be good to have a thread where this subject could be discussed, I must admit the hermaphrodite aspect of trisphee is what got me to come here because the pixel work is amazing (but especially the design aspect!)
Old Posted 02-03-2013, 08:31 AM Reply With Quote  

Tags
2013, dis, donation items, february