Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Heavenly Angel
Exclamation Ipod Nano D:   #1  
Do you guys remember the old iPod Nano? The long one before it got replaced with the touch screen square one. I can't find it on the apple site anymore or at walmart, target, and all those big company. What happen? Did apple decided that they don't want to have anything to do with it anymore? I'm just confuse.
Old Posted 11-27-2010, 12:48 AM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
There are a lot of "old" iPod nanos. my sister had the very first one, fat and with a tiny black and white screen. I have the one I think you're talking about. usually when a new one comes out, Apple stops selling it and all accessories for it, in order to encourage people to buy the new one. it's a sad thing, but it's one of those marketing tricks.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 11-27-2010, 12:53 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #3  
That was an iPod Mini, not an iPod Nano. The first-gen iPod Nano is the variety I have -- rectangular, fairly thin, white front, silver back, color screen. I've got the 1GB model.

Anyway, yes, Apple isn't manufacturing it anymore. The touch-screen Nano is the only Nano model currently in production.
Old Posted 11-27-2010, 04:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Self-proclaimed Non-Conversationalist
Touch screen is crap.. I don't NEED to touch my screen... leaving fingerprints and if it gets damaged you lose a 2-4-1. Lost visibility AND functionality. crap crap crap

I had a 1st gen NANO as well. 2GB i believe. It was silver and i put a glow in the dark skin over it. XDDD No colour if i remember xD but it had pretty cooool simple games... Then I upgrade to a 2nd gen 8 GB... cause i got more songs. It had the same games +1.... but UPGRADED. I didnt need them upgraded. =__= games i used to like, now give me a head ache

Lucid loves Duchess and takes her signature virginity. <3
Ashy refuses to share Duchess with anyone D:<

Duchess is idol TRASH
Feel free to bully me about it

Old Posted 11-27-2010, 07:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #5  
If it was silver it was probably a second-gen Nano. As far as I know the first-gen only came in white.

Maybe you should consider getting the iPod Classic. It has MUCH, MUCH higher storage capacity and it still uses the click wheel.
Old Posted 11-29-2010, 12:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
It wasn't a colour. XDDD it was just... metal looking XDDDDD Very shiny.

And it can't be a 2nd gen, because as far as I know, the second gen got cut down shorter. I still have that in pink and the screen is in colour. Unless that a 3rd gen? auuu~ too much prooductsss T_T

The Mule of The Duchess
Last edited by La Diablesse; 11-29-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old Posted 11-29-2010, 01:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Harmless
Default   #7  
To me, the iTouch is probably the best-all-around-performance product that you can get from Apple. Anything else will put a strain on you one way or the other (green dough issue excluded.) <<
Old Posted 11-29-2010, 03:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Diablesse View Post
It wasn't a colour. XDDD it was just... metal looking XDDDDD Very shiny.

And it can't be a 2nd gen, because as far as I know, the second gen got cut down shorter. I still have that in pink and the screen is in colour. Unless that a 3rd gen? auuu~ too much prooductsss T_T
The Nano was always in color even for the first-gen. You must be thinking of the Mini. The first-gen Mini had one color scheme that was just brushed metal and its screen was monochrome.
Old Posted 11-29-2010, 04:36 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #9  
oh, was the fat one called a Mini? okay. it wasn't mine so I just thought it was a nano. but I suppose you're right - I do remember my mom having a 1st gen nano and being frustrated that none of the 2nd gen accessories fit it because the body was slightly less rounded on the 1st gen. the 3rd gen nanos were the ones that were short and ugly, and my tall purple one is 4th gen.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 11-29-2010, 04:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Yeah, the second-gen Nanos were the first ones to come in colors.
Old Posted 11-29-2010, 06:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Self-proclaimed Non-Conversationalist
Default   #11  
mmm nooooo It wasnt a mini for sure. hmmm *googles*

^ It was that. Just silver and shiny. Not coloured pink or blue, just shiny silver.

Now I have this baby

Lucid loves Duchess and takes her signature virginity. <3
Ashy refuses to share Duchess with anyone D:<

Duchess is idol TRASH
Feel free to bully me about it

Old Posted 11-29-2010, 11:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Okay, then I was right, that is a second-gen Nano. I guess what confused me is that you meant that the body wasn't colored when you said "no colour" -- I thought you meant the screen was monochrome; the Nano has always had a color screen.
Old Posted 11-30-2010, 10:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Platypus
Default   #13  
Only the new one is being made? Because I still see fifth gens in stores.

Je suis prisonière de moi-même, mais jamais de toi.
Old Posted 11-30-2010, 12:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Back stock, to my knowledge. I don't believe you can still buy the 5th-gen from Apple.
Old Posted 11-30-2010, 03:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Master Ninja, and Thread Eater of Doom!
Default   #15  
I have the same ipod as Coda, though mine is somewhat broken. It'll play, but won't turn off until the battery runs out so i have to keep it plugged in if i want to play it past it's battery life. But it's battery lasts a long time.
Old Posted 11-30-2010, 04:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Mine will turn off (just hit the Sleep command on the main menu) but the lock switch is really sensitive -- it generally doesn't stay locked.
Old Posted 11-30-2010, 05:46 PM Reply With Quote