Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Dazed
Default Milk   #1  
I went to Target the other day and they had these Tazo Chai latte mixes on sale, and these things are usually around $5 on their own, and I bought them and you're supposed to mix them with milk.

So I bring home two cartons of milk, and when I got home, I noticed that we have four other cartons of milk already in the fridge. I don't pay attention to the contents of the fridge much because I don't really have an appetite these days, so I normally drink a lot of water/juice, and snack on pumpkin seeds/cashews.

I've noticed that as I've been drinking more milk lately (loooool we have so much milk right now), that I've had bad stomach pains every time I drink it but I have to finish off these drink mix things bc I bought them and I hate wasting, even though I'm notorious for it.

I don't know if stomach cramps are normal, but I've been having some hella stomach cramps from drinking all of this milk. Has anyone else ever had these types of issues and at what point should I consider involving a doctor?
Old Posted 11-05-2018, 04:51 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
lactose intolerance = every time i have too much dairy, yes

even one glass of milk is off the table

try picking up a tablet or chewable for lactose intolerance, see if that helps. if you didn't have an intolerance before you might be developing one. or just cut back on the milk. no doctor involvement needed unless you start, like, bleeding out or something.

Old Posted 11-05-2018, 05:00 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #3  
What Galla said. Not to be indelicate, but do the cramps come with any other symptoms?

It is also possible you have a sensitivity to the protein casein if you notice that you get an upset stomach after eating hard cheese or yogurts since they contain more casein than lactose.
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 11-05-2018, 11:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
The cramps don't really come with any other symptoms that I've noticed, but I've also noticed ice cream will do the same thing to me as well. I've never had any issues with milk in the past, so I suppose there is a possibility I could be developing something.
Old Posted 11-05-2018, 03:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
Default   #5  
Sometimes lactose intolerance worsens with age.
I have a friend who won't stop complaining that she used to be able to have milk-shakes, but now she can't.
Old Posted 11-05-2018, 04:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
I have sensitivity problems where milk is concerned. I can have pretty much anything that has been fermented or changed into cheese, but I have to limit my intake of ice cream, and a glass of milk is just asking for trouble.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 11-05-2018, 10:13 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #7  
I'm the same with the I can comfortably eat cheese, but I have to be careful with ice cream. 2% milk is okay in very small quantities but I don't like it.

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Old Posted 11-05-2018, 10:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
I just opt for soy, rice, or almond milk.

Quote:
Old Posted 11-05-2018, 10:57 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #9  
I like dark chocolate cashew milk, it's super creamy and delicious.

Old Posted 11-05-2018, 11:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
I've yet to try cashew milk. I keep meaning to, but I tend to forget.

Quote:
Old Posted 11-06-2018, 12:58 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #11  
I've been using cashew milk for breakfast for a while, just because it's got the fewest calories of the available options and I need to lose 40-60 pounds. Personally I prefer the plain variety; the vanilla flavor is just a bit too strong for me and I'd rather taste my cereal. Honestly I think I like almond milk slightly better, but cashew is still pretty good.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-06-2018, 01:05 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Almond Milk is really easy to make, for the record.

You just soak 1 cup of almonds overnight in cool water, drain, then blend the heck out of them with 5 cups regular filtered water. Get a thin dish towel and strain your mixture through it, squeeze out the excess liquid... then refrigerate. Apparently it only lasts four or so days, but if you use it a lot then it's cheaper and tastier since you can blend any sweetners or taste enhancers you please into it.

Old Posted 11-06-2018, 01:55 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #13  
I like macadamia and flax milk. The flax has a thinner consistency. Sometimes I'll mix the different types of milks. Still need to see what oat and hemp milks taste like. Probably because it's hard to find them without tons of sugar being added.
Old Posted 11-06-2018, 05:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Your Friendly Neighborhood Lurker
Coconut milk is the best *w* I have always loved it that and almond milk
"Cause I've been falling apart in the pouring rain"

"I'm waging war on myself. A captive causality"

""

"Traded a merciful heart for a murderer�s brain
But now I curse what's in my head
Because I can't stop seeing red"
Old Posted 11-06-2018, 09:16 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
advice, milk