Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Wanderer
Default   #145  
Ehh. It’s true that modt low voices sound nice, but mine lacks that almost gritty timbre that makes low voices sound GOOD.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 02-12-2019, 05:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
@ Barker <:] aw..was he your dog?
*swishes feet* :c I never really grew up with any pets besides a snake and a crab..and fish. 0-0 tons of pretty fish.

@Espy -w- low voices are cozy-sounding to me and gritty ones make me think of scruffy beards for some reason. x]

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Last edited by Merskelly Metalien; 02-12-2019 at 05:29 PM.
Old Posted 02-12-2019, 05:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #147  
As a kid, I was allergic to all furry critters (and my dad still is), so we only had fish...

You know those feeder fish that are meant to be, well, fed to other fish and aquatic creatures? I won one of those at the school fair, then picked up a few friends for him at the pet store for a few cents each... I (read: my mom) managed to keep it alive for three years.

My parents were willing to spend the money to get these darn fish a big fish tank with an air and filtration system, and all, back when we weren't all that well off.

The longest-lived one, Peach, actually grew whiskers. She, um... died when my parents and I took a trip one time, because the filter system malfunctioned. I was pretty distraught for a long time.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 02-13-2019, 02:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
/Q.Q\ Ouhhhhh, poor peach. It sounds like you had a fish-filled pet history too Espy. Although, any goldfish or feeder fish we ever had died usually within the week or a month or two. :c I had some cute pop-eyed goldfish too. Weirdly enough they both died right after I gave them names..Nugget and Coal.

We had a big fish tank with filtration system and bubbles and water purifying minerals and everything. My mom is allergic to cats and didn't want a dog or a cat for us, and so we had fish in our home. My dad kept African Chiclids (pronounced "sick-lids" for some reason) and I was only young enough to help feed them and help my dad with cleaning the tank every so often.
and the one we had from a little fry to a full grown fish was a bumblebee chiclid, but I only ever called him "Fishie". ;-; <3 He used to dig pits and change colors and be my staring contest buddy and 'emotional therapist'. Sadly, he passed away when we had to transfer the fish to a different, much smaller tank and my mom forgot to put in the filter, meaning all the fish including Fishie suffocated to death slowly. ;n; This was after my parents split up, so my dad wasn't there to save the poor old finny boy. But I gave him a proper burial and even made a gravestone for him. I was so sad..but he lived a long 4 years, outliving all of the other fish we had. 0-o and we had a lot!
Some of them fought with one another, and even killed one another. Some of them died from ick which is like chicken-pox for fish. :[ At one point one of them ate a smaller fish and spat out their bones and tail. x] And a few of them actually got along, mainly our little algae-eating catfish and our cute lil' clown loach.

It was nice having all of them just swimming around and following my finger and stuff. <:] Fishie was a good bumbleboy, and he always loved a good gazing session with me after school. <3

This is kind of what my Fishie looked like. :] His stripes could turn dark black and his yellow would turn a dark muddy brown whenever he was hungry and he got all bright when he was excited. ^-^ <3

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 02-13-2019, 04:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #149  
Bobby was a dog, yes. I can remember his face, thankfully.

...Tabby was another one we had. I can't remember her face at all, only that she used to stand on her hind legs like a meerkat.

Semi sometimes does that.
Old Posted 02-13-2019, 04:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
:D My brother's friend had a dog that used to briefly walk on it's hind legs. Dogs are cute. x] And weird sometimes but so funny.

Any family or friends that had a dog, I always wanted them to be my friend. XD Unless they were really annoying or aggressive dogs. <-<; But most of them were so super sweet. <x3 I've heard dogs can be really dumb or smelly or difficult, but they're honestly too pure for this world! ;-;

It's my dream one day to own a dog. <3 I'd rather have a dog than any children tbh. x] The dog will be my child, in regards to caring for them, hehe.
People sometimes ask if I'm a dog or a cat person, and I'm actually both. :] Once I heard a response like, "Oh wait, you can be both??" x'D And I was all, "Of course!" hehe.

Old Posted 02-13-2019, 09:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #151  
Anybody here care for metal music? ._. Orrr am I just a weird bean? A bean that listens to metal music despite being the same size and appearance of a child, looking like I could be hung up on a coat-rack and be completely unnoticed? <x}

Old Posted 02-20-2019, 05:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
I don't really listen to Metal.

Rock, yeah. I prefer rock music over metal. You ever heard of acoustic rock? That shit's really fuckin' good.
Old Posted 02-20-2019, 12:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #153  
Ahh, :] Acoustic rock is very homey and has a warm sort of tranquility to it. Either that, or I've been listening to my dad play songs and sing with his acoustic guitars for most of my childhood? <x} I enjoy that too.
Also Classic rock..punk rock..>u> hard rock with less talk...electric rock..some 70's rock..rock-a-billy...also alternative.

Old Posted 02-20-2019, 02:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Aviators' Red Water Dreams song is a brilliant example of Acoustic Rock.

I'm quite fond of the genre, but I also like acoustic music in general, music boxes and 8-bit stuff. I used to be big into orchestral!
Old Posted 02-21-2019, 12:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #155  
:] I've only listened to a couple of their songs actually, I didn't know about them until last year. ^-^ I have them in my writing music folder, because they give me a specific inspirational vibe! As well as music box music, because it can be either creepy, sad, or innocent and emotional.
(used to be into 8-bit a ton in jr. high xD)

Orchestrated pieces are honestly such a delight to listen to also. 0w0 They still hold up today and have a certain magic to them. -w- I still listen to orchestral, classical and modern, especially scores.
There's a composer I listen to whenever I'm reading something or writing something scary. :D Graham Plowman. He composes Lovecraftian pieces and some of them are very creepy and epic! Reading the stories with his music brings out the horror of them even more. I'd recommend him, if you're into horror that is. ^w^;

Speaking of music, >.>
does anyone know how to play an instrument well? I wish I knew how, but the only instrument I've actually tried playing is the keyboard. <u<; and I can't even play it two handed yet..I don't know how I can manage to do it, since my left is kinda clumsy and I can't spread my fingers out very wide. But I wanna learn to play the organ someday, so, I've got a long ways to go. ^~^; Lately I'm thinking about taking up the drums more though. :]

Old Posted 02-21-2019, 05:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
I can play the flute, the piano and the ukulele to varying success. Which usually means I know how to do it, but often am too lazy to practice a single song long enough for it to actually sound brilliant. So you get "recognizable, but with a few odd pauses at the wrong time" from me instead.
Old Posted 02-25-2019, 04:37 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #157  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
A bean that listens to metal music despite being the same size and appearance of a child, looking like I could be hung up on a coat-rack and be completely unnoticed? <x}
me tbh
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 02-25-2019, 04:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
:D ohh my brother used to play flute in high school. And piano.
's why we got a keyboard in the house, <u<; because we can't afford nor have room for an actual piano..yet he bought a venova saxophone. <x] Which he doesn't play much because it's loud and would annoy the hell out of anyone around. Hehe.

@Espy: >.>;...*high fives but it's not very high so...uh..yeah metal! Metal horn hands*

Old Posted 02-25-2019, 05:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #159  
I've had Through the Fire and Flames stuck in my head the past couple days. Before that, it was this. Before that, it was... basically my playlist for CRT, but mainly this.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 02-25-2019, 05:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Holy hell! ow0
That first one I'm saving in my Wednesday playlist.
*proceeds to do so*
The second one is..is there a word to describe it?? o~< Like, crunch-hype, hardcore, battle bounce, zippy-shred, just-..<XD wow! Haha my ears thank you for sharing those, honestly! That last one is from a game?

Old Posted 02-25-2019, 05:42 AM Reply With Quote  

Tags
*picks nose*, first hangout ever, meh?, merskelly metalien, that weird pond