Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

It's over 9000!
Default Conflict of Interest - ML & Yoku   #1  
This is a Boy Love rp, if you don't like it you've been warned

OOC Thread
Donevin Whitman

Vincent

Sighing Don looks around the the piano room he's sitting in, listening to music instead of playing the piano. Looking out the window overlooking the campus grounds of the college he notices a guy in worn out clothes being hazed by some of the other students of the college. Clicking his tongue in annoyance he's about to turn away when something about the guy catches his interest. Watching for a moment, he reaches into a bag to pull out a tablet and flicking it to unlock it. Looking down at the screen his fingers fly about as he breaks into his mother's account for the college, even though since he knew the password already it wasn't really breaking in, and brings up the student logs by picture. Scrolling through the image he finds the guy that caught his interest. Noticing further down on the info page that 'Vincent' hadn't yet paid his tuition even though he's already put in a claim for an extension. Logging back out he pulls out his phone, checking the time on it.

"Good, I can call her now since her meeting should be finished." Quickly looking through his contacts list he dials his mom's cell number, "Hey mom? I have a favor to ask of you. I want to you pay for a particular student's tuition using my account." Putting his tablet back into his bag he slings his bag on his shoulder as he leaves the room. "Yeah, I know what I'm doing and this is what I want to do, I have my reasons...No, I don't want you to waive the tuition, I want to pay for it with the money I've earned from those competitions when I was a kid." The door closes shut behind him, the room being sound proof like the other music rooms so no one can hear his call.

Last edited by ml1201; 01-09-2015 at 12:06 PM.
Old Posted 01-06-2015, 11:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
This kind of thing pisses Vincent off actually. They're all adults, so why do they have to act like stupid little two year olds? At the same time, he's just looking for a way to escape. He doesn't want to fight, there's nothing to gain and things to lose if he does. He'd rather just be left alone.

Eventually, the others get bored and he is able to escape. He doesn't have a computer at home, so he heads towards the library to check what things he needs for his classes, if any work is already posted so he can get a head start...or at least know when it's due. He's mainly worried about money, the rest? He can deal with. He can get the work done and ignore the bullies and the like.
Old Posted 01-07-2015, 12:11 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #3  
Now that his call was finished, Don wonders around the campus until he finds the students that were hazing the guy Vincent earlier. They apparently like to hang out at one of the gazebos near the library and smoke there when they don't have any classes. As he approaches them they notice him and look up. Seeing the hard look in his eyes and the frown on his face, they know he's there's to pick a fight since any other time 'Donevin Whitman' doesn't talk to anyone or hangout with anyone unless he's picking a fight. Smirking at each other they think they have this fight in the bag since they out number him. When he gets close enough the first one takes a swing at Don, which he easily ducks since he saw the punch coming, punching the guy in the gut in return. Using the first guy to keep balance he kicks the next guy in the face as he comes at him, the guy trying to stop the blood as he holds his runs and makes a run for it. Looking nervously between the two of them, the last two nod to each other and try charging Don. Ducking down into a crouch as they lunge at him, he grab the left one's right leg, and the right one's left leg, and pulls on their legs to pivot them into each other, smacking their heads together.

"At this age you guys should know better than to mess with people like a bunch of playground bullies. People like you really tick me off. Go to the medic center and get yourselves cleaned up and grow up." Spitting on the grass next to the gazebo he turns and leaves, pulling out his cell to let his mom know about the students and where to get footage of the hazing they've been doing. He'll probably have to pay a fine like usual, but at least with that he won't get kicked out of the college. But he'll probably get in trouble with one of his professors for missing class because he had to go to court for beating some guys up. Glancing around he sees Vincent through one of the windows in the Library. Stopping he watches him for a few moments.

Old Posted 01-07-2015, 12:50 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Vincent happens to notice the fight out of the corner of his eye, but he looks away. Look, the guys deserve it and it isn't like he can stop the fight at the moment. He doesn't want to end up with a beat down as well. Though, for some reason, it makes him feel a bit guilty that he isn't trying to do something at least.

But since he isn't going to do anything about it at the moment, he goes back to what he's doing on the computer. It's more important in the long term, at least that's what he's telling himself. Thought, after a bit, he's feeling the hairs on his neck standing up before he goes to looking around, wondering why he feels like that. Then he sees Donevin and lifts an eyebrow. A guy is just randomly staring at him? It's a bit creepy.
Old Posted 01-07-2015, 01:25 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #5  
"Hm...? Sorry mom, I got distracted." He turns away as he explains to his mom on his cell about the videos she'll need. In general the fights did disappoint his parents, but after they see the videos they just sigh and reluctantly accept what happened. They just wish he'd stop soon so that he doesn't get himself killed when he comes across someone with a knife or gun.

He decides to head to class early, his next class being one for Physics I. Having already finished his assignment he had no worry about getting it done, it was also already printed out in his bag too. Though to be honest he didn't like the professors tone with the students, always talking like they didn't know what they were doing and playing favorites too. Like to people with the same answers and one gets a lower grade than the other because one doesn't pay as much attention in class. Pulling out his tablet again he looks over Vincent's files once more since he's bored and no one is there yet. Then he notices how they are in the same class for Physics.

"Huh, he must sit behind me then, no wonder I haven't noticed him before now. Maybe he's that one kid that's always answering the questions when everyone else is quiet. That's what I get for napping in class and not paying attention." Yawning Don decides to lock the tablet and put it back into his bag, then leans back in his chair and takes a nap.

Last edited by ml1201; 01-07-2015 at 09:17 AM.
Old Posted 01-07-2015, 09:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Vincent frowns a bit before shaking his head a bit. He checks a few more things before getting up and leaving the library, making sure to go out an exit away from that guy. He doesn't know why he got into the fight, so he'd rather avoid a potential altercation. He would run, but that doesn't mean he would be fast enough.

Soon enough, he heads to his class, sitting towards the back. People say those in the back are the lazy ones, the ones who will make worse grades and not pay enough attention. It isn't the case for him, he just doesn't like being that close to the board or projectors usually.

Then he sees the guy from earlier and just stares at him from his seat. He sighs a bit, seeing the other asleep. His conscious forces him to get him and lightly shake the others shoulder a bit. "Hey, class is about to start."
Old Posted 01-07-2015, 04:21 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #7  
"Hm?" Looking up groggily Don just stares for a moment until his brain finally catches up with him. "Oh...Thanks for letting me know. I never noticed you in this class before, do you sit in the back or something?" Don really didn't care where he sat, he just normally seats in any not taken seat the first day and sticks to it. Looking behind him he sees where Vincent has his belongings. "Doesn't it get lonely back there? And isn't it hard to see the board?" He was trying to find out some more things about Vincent, since he's the first person to quip is interest since he first saw a piano.

Old Posted 01-07-2015, 06:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Vincent does look a little bit anxious, wondering if, maybe, he should've just left the other to his sleep. "Um...no problem. Yeah, I tend to sit in the back." He wants to focus on his studies. He isn't against making friends, he just has other things he's focusing on and all. He shakes his head a bit. "Nah, and I prefer it over being at the front." He says, shrugging a bit "Especially when the professor uses a projector or anything."
Old Posted 01-07-2015, 11:47 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #9  
As the other students begin filling in Don debates about moving his seat back there, knowing that he'll probably fall asleep anyways as is in this class. He had taken the class before and was getting almost perfect scores on all the assignments and tests, but towards the end of the semester, when he called the professor out in the middle of class for how he tried the students, even if his answers were correct he was still getting no credit for his work. He'd gone to the head of the department because of it and showed the professor what this one was doing. So even though he 'failed' it last semester the professor has no choice but to pass him, but he still has to come to the class, which is why he tends to fall asleep. Finally making a decision, Donevin grabs his stuff and moves to a sit in the back next to Vincent.

"Don't worry, I'm probably going to fall asleep again anyways." Making himself comfortable, everyone watches Don nervously, probably thinking he's going to do something. Closing his eyes he ignores all of them and quietly taps the fingers of one hand on the desk like he's playing the song 'Holy Night'.

Old Posted 01-08-2015, 07:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Vincent just sits back in his seat, doodling a bit before the class starts. He thought of being an art major, but he decided to go with money instead....at least then he could afford to draw as a hobby at least. He kind of stiffens a bit when he notices Donevin joining him in the back.

"Why are you taking this class if you're just going to sleep? Why not take something that you're interested in?" He isn't too interested in physics, but he needs to take it and can't afford to not pay attention. Well, he can't really afford it period. "Like music?" He guesses when he hears the rhythm of Holy Night.
Old Posted 01-08-2015, 06:53 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #11  
"If it wasn't for that snob that teaches this class I wouldn't be sitting here, and since he's the only one that does teach it I have no choice but to take this particular class. Though I suspect that after this semester he might get shuffled somewhere else or fired. What with the way he's been doing things anyways. As for why not going for a music degree is because I simply don't need one. I've been having people hounding me since I was a kid and fed up of it for the time being. Don't really play much anymore anyways." Looking over at Vincent he notices the doodle, a bit surprised when he sees it. "You're pretty good at that, have you thought about doing commissions? If you're liked enough you can make some big bucks online doing art. A buddy of mine from when I was a kid made a song for a commercial and has made almost half a mill off of it."

There's suddenly a bang as the professor flings the door open and strides in, dumping his folders and books on the desk. Seeing Donevin sitting in the back he smirks, a bit of malice in his eyes.

"So mister Donevin has decided not to distract those in the front with his snoring, excellent! I can actually teach the class for a change and maybe those of you who haven't been doing so well will not fail the class. Now." Turning around he begins writing formulas on the board and explaining their uses and why they are the way they are.

Old Posted 01-08-2015, 07:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
"I thought there was someone else teaching this...or maybe that's only during the summer?" Vincent can't really remember at this point. He goes with classes that fit in the schedule more so than who teaches them, unless the teacher seems really horrible or something. "Well, it doesn't have to be a major or a minor, just something on the side to balance out the classes you hate, maybe?" He doesn't need to take foreign language, but he's definitely going to take one. It's always good to learn and this is his chance even if it's hard financially. "Ah...well....it's not that good, but either way, I don't think anyone would pay...and they'd have to wait too long probably..." He says chuckling a bit sheepishly.

He kind of jumps at the band and frowns at the professor's words. He doesn't have to be an ass. He just rubs his face a bit before he starts taking notes.
Old Posted 01-08-2015, 07:39 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #13  
Don couldn't wait for the class to end, he nodded off a couple times, but some jerk in the back decided he'd make a good target for throwing eraser pieces at, or else they were meant for Vincent and just hitting him instead because they had such bad aim. Pretending to be asleep he spots who the culprit is, the girl snickering in their direction because apparently she found it highly amusing. After roughly an hour and a half the professor finally finishes his class, handing back the quiz from the previous week.

"I've written notes on the papers of those I'd like to speak with after class, just drop by my office during my hours so that I may speak with you." Looking at his paper Don can see there's more read marks than need be on it considering that all his answers were correct, just not writing his answer out in complete sentences is all. Though the professor took almost half the points off for each question when it states on the quiz that written portion is only worth ten percent of the grade. Shoving the paper in his bag he gets up and leaves the class room, going to the side of the door and leaning on the wall at a spot where people in the room can't see him. As the girl who was throwing erasers walks out he grabs her shirt and pins her against the wall.

"I was always taught not to hit girls, but I have to say you're really getting on my nerves. I had always thought girls were more mature than guys, but you're nothing more than a snot nosed brat who thinks its funny to annoy people."

"That was an accident! I wasn't aiming at you!" The girl shakes, obviously realizing she must have hit him a few times. Hearing this Don narrows his eyes, his expression going from annoyed to ticked off.

"Honestly, what you said just made things worse for you, picking on people just because you're jealous of them. How about this, instead of being so self centered and thinking you can just do what the hell you please, be smart for once and actually think about how you would feel if some dumb ass did that to you." Shoving her to the side she falls on her butt, shocked she got away without getting beat by him. Scowling he turns and leaves, obviously in a bad mood. He heads for the student center and goes to the third floor where people are not usually at and sits down at the piano up there. Looking at the keys silently for a moment, then brings his hands up to the keys and begins playing Horowitz' variation of Bizet's Carmen.

Old Posted 01-08-2015, 09:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Vincent just ignores any eraser bits that hit him. It's not worth it and it's just eraser. It's not like it hurts, but it is really annoying at times. He's just hoping that, somehow, they aren't hitting the guy next to him. They probably are though considering the girl is missing him a bit. He just looks at his quiz, his head tilted a bit. He's mainly just paying attention to any mess ups so he can study those bits more when he gets to it.

He does notice the red on the others paper. "Did....you miss a lot of them? Or is he just being picky on something?" He asks softly, so if Don wants, he can ignore it. He does know the professor can be picky, but it doesn't seem that Don would do too bad in the class though maybe he's just stubborn or something and isn't completely following the directions? He doesn't know.

He leaves the class after getting his stuff together, kind of waving at Don a bit. "Bye." And off he goes. This time to the student center. He likes it there as long as people in the game room aren't being too loud. Sometimes they can get really loud where you can hear them upstairs. Later, either Vincent either has good hearing, or he's somewhere on the third floor, and he hears the piano. Like a two year old, he heads to the music to see who's playing and to watch and hear them.
Old Posted 01-08-2015, 11:45 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #15  
Venting his frustrations at how mean people can be towards people just to make themselves feel better, he plays the song with harsher notes, but the beauty of the song still rings out from the piano. Adsorbing himself into the music the world around him slowly fades away so that its only him and the piano, and slowly but surely the emotions in the song become much softer and gentler. Feeling much better after the first run through he does an encore of the song, playing it in a more up lifting spirit when he hears some kind of soft sound, like a shoe squeaking and looks up. His hands freeze over the keys when he sees Vincent and just stares at him, not sure what to say or do since he's been caught playing the piano for the first time in roughly thirteen years.

Old Posted 01-08-2015, 11:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Vincent is just going to watch him, that's all. It doesn't bother him, the harsh notes. He just likes to hear people play, especially things he doesn't know how to play. He does freeze when Don does. "Ah...." His eyes are going a bit wide. "Sorry, just wanted to listen to who was playing...I'll....just go now I think." Since it's obvious that he doesn't want people listening or anything.
Old Posted 01-09-2015, 12:02 AM Reply With Quote