Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Pocket Demon Ninja
Default Yowamushi Pedal (Yowapeda)   #1  

Plot Summary -ANN:
Quote:
Sakamichi Onada is a wimpy high school freshman who loves anime. He initially wants to enter the anime club, but winds up joining the cycling club after meeting two classmates who are already famous cyclists. He undertakes the grueling training to compete in races, and discovers his own hidden talent in cycling.
Plot Summary -Crunchyroll:
Quote:
Onoda Sakamichi is a rather timid, anime-loving first-year student at Sohoku High School. Upon entering high school, he tried to join the anime research club, but after meeting Imaizumi Shunsuke, a renowned cyclist since middle school, and Naruko Shoukichi, who swept the Kansai cycling championship, he ended up joining the competitive cycling club.
Season 1 ends on Monday June 30th with 38 Episodes!
Season 2 will start some time in October.

34 Manga Volumes and Ongoing, 16 Volumes are scandilated.

It is a Sports Anime, but one of the very few that managed to keep my attention. The characters are well rounded, and they grow at a good steady pace. The main character while being a newbie at Road Racing, has a reason for being good at biking, and there for isn't one of those; "I just started and yet I'm magically awesome" types. The show doesn't involve any weird powers (as far as I know of) that help them be better then anyone else. The comedy is nice and isn't forced either.

Overall, even for those who dislike sports and sport anime, this is one anime you might actually like despite the fact it's a sport based show.

Are you watching it? (or going to?)
Yes I am Watching this!

What is your favorite scene? (USE SPOIL TAGS!!)

Who are your favorite Characters?!
O3O hmm... I like Onoda but I think Makishima-senpai is my favorite. Especially after watching the OVA (which apparently is based off of a manga scene so it's not so original after all but more of a TV special) I'll be sad when the third years graduate. =( Makishima!! FAIL SO YOU CAN STAY WITH EVERYONE!!!! ;o; So yea.. after Makishima graduates my favorite will move to Onoda.. LOVE THE OTAKU! *A*

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 06-18-2014, 03:01 PM Reply With Quote  
r e s p i r a
I started watching it a while back and it was ok to begin with but then I started losing 'cause of all the flashbacks whoops

but I'll watch season 2 too lmao

Old Posted 08-14-2014, 10:21 PM Reply With Quote