Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

"Where to, Miss? To the Stars."
Default Trying To Get My Life Together   #1  
I don't think I've been very active for a few weeks...

For the past half year or so, I've been out of work. For the past semester, I've been out of community college. I'm only surviving because I'm 19 living in my mom's house.

I quit working because of my anxiety, and community college solely for the reason of teen angst which I now realize was the worst decision ever for me. I'm now looking going back to doing both of those things because I realized I have a long, long while before the Air Force ships me off, I'm talking years here.

I found this barista job listing at my city's airport's website and I'm thinking of applying. I like making drinks and I know that because that was my past job. The reason why I had anxiety at my past job is because my bosses were cruel micromanagers even though I knew I was doing my job. They also made sure to call me out in front of the customers which was completely unnecessary. On top of that, I missed a lot of lunch breaks because it was "too busy". Talk about illegal.

I'm hoping this job I'm applying for is a lot different.

I also am looking to take classes again at the community college. Maybe not a full course, but 1-2 classes. Maybe a yoga class since I just bought a yoga mat.

Sitting around and watching Netflix everyday for months may seem like a dream, but it gets old after a while. I feel like a bum.
Old Posted 04-22-2017, 07:36 PM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
Yeah I had a period of time I sat around and it got old fast D:
It's good to hear that you are pushing yourself to do better! Sounds like this job could be really good for you and your self-esteem!
I hope you get it!

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 04-22-2017, 08:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #3  
Thank you, that means a lot!
Old Posted 04-22-2017, 09:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
i also hope you get the job! the late teens and early twenties are a rough time for figuring out what you really want to be doing! I'm here for you if you need an ear

Old Posted 04-22-2017, 09:36 PM Reply With Quote  
-
Default   #5  
Your life doesn't sound too bad. At least you're looking into yoga.

My life is so boring. It consists of chores and work. And surfing the net when I have some spare time.

I'm thinking about being a bum today and watching some netflix. (After I fix some dinner for myself.) Sometimes I don't even know why we have netflix because we rarely watch it.
.___.
Buying: NATM
Questing: Event Items 13/19
Miniature Fairy Wings, Immortal Worlds, Eye Sore Current Funds:0 Au.
Updated: 12/16/16 08:55 PM
Old Posted 04-22-2017, 09:48 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry Night View Post
Sitting around and watching Netflix everyday for months may seem like a dream, but it gets old after a while. I feel like a bum.
I call that stagnancy. It happens to me a lot. I hung around for a year after uni not knowing what to do, living with family and off of my savings. When I tried to start new things my health kept causing trouble, but even small steps are good. I'm over 30 now, and I'm into a new career path, just finishing my first year. There is so much concern over getting things done quickly, when it probably isn't as big a deal as people think.

School is good. If you only want to do a couple courses at a time, go ahead. That's what I'm doing, because I know I can't handle a full course load with my mental and physical health. It's easy to beat yourself up for not seeming to 'get anywhere' in life. I had this problem for years. It can take some time before realizing that small steps are sometimes good enough.

Good luck with your endeavors!
Old Posted 04-22-2017, 09:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Io, Jupiter
Default   #7  
I am rooting for you! Good luck getting it all squared away.
Old Posted 04-22-2017, 10:16 PM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Good luck on getting the job!
Yoga sounds like it'll be fun.

Old Posted 04-24-2017, 04:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #9  
So guys, I ended up not getting the job at the coffee shop but I did end up getting a job as a cashier/line cook at this sushi burrito place. That's right, sushi burritos...think of a giant hand roll. So far, I worked 4 shifts and I like it. It pays well. I'm still kind of rusty at the job and there's a lot to learn, so wish me luck! The only downside is that it's kind of far. It takes me about an hour to commute there on train, but the journey is kind of relaxing...somewhat. :)

Edit: Forgot to add, I work 35 hours a week. Pretty cool.
Old Posted 05-07-2017, 04:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I love sushi burritos. First time I had one was at a food truck here in Los Angeles.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 05-07-2017, 05:58 PM Reply With Quote