Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

We're all mad here.
Default   #33  
So, peanut butter and jam burger. Who would have thought?

The Taphouse we went to for dinner, apparently: beef burger, chipotle peanut butter, and bacon jam. Tasted pretty good actually. My sister had it and we all had a bite.

I had an almond pesto linguine and a tiny side mac & cheese to try. Not a big fan of bread crumbs on my mac & cheese as I find it makes it dry, but it was still good.
Old Posted 02-18-2017, 04:40 AM Reply With Quote  
"Where to, Miss? To the Stars."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
I need to nab my sister's salmon recipe. It was really good. I like the way my mother makes it a lot, which is basically butter, brown sugar, and soy. sauce.

Never heard of Old Bay.
I loved salmon ever since I was a kid! I only know how to cook it one way though.

I preheat the oven to 350. I season the salmon with garlic salt, seasoned salt, garlic powder, lemon pepper, and black pepper. Then, I squeeze lemon juice on it. Sometimes, I like to garnish it with a thin slice of lemon to make it look fancy. This is optional, but sometimes I add some butter on top of the salmon before I put it into the oven. I leave it in the oven for 20 minutes or so. I love this salmon served over rice!
Old Posted 02-20-2017, 12:27 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #35  
There's a French recipe wherein you cook white fish in a dishwasher, because the temperature and steam is just the right temperature and duration. I've been meaning to try it one day. Something to actually consider now. I live right next to a salmon river, though I'm not sure if it's sold anywhere or just local people fishing for personal use.
Old Posted 02-20-2017, 12:44 AM Reply With Quote  
I've seen that on YouTube, definitely thought it was interesting...haha.
Old Posted 02-21-2017, 03:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Harmless
Default   #37  
Heck yes. I love food. I love watching recipe videos.

And now I'm craving for some good salmon.
Old Posted 03-04-2017, 07:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Salmon is always amazing. Anyone here like salmon teriyaki? I had it in my bento box the other day-which reminds me, do you guys ever get those bento boxes at Japanese restaurants? I love them.
Old Posted 03-05-2017, 02:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Harmless
Default   #39  
Teriyaki sauces are too sweet for me (or maybe I just haven't found a place which makes good teriyaki). Bento dishes in Japanese restaurants are cute, but I always prefer to get noodles or the rice bowls.

Since we're on the topic of Japanese cuisine, what are your thoughts on wasabi? I used to hate it, but now I always want extra helpings of it.
Old Posted 03-06-2017, 01:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCS3RR4N View Post
Teriyaki sauces are too sweet for me (or maybe I just haven't found a place which makes good teriyaki). Bento dishes in Japanese restaurants are cute, but I always prefer to get noodles or the rice bowls.

Since we're on the topic of Japanese cuisine, what are your thoughts on wasabi? I used to hate it, but now I always want extra helpings of it.
Oh, man. I always mix wasabi in the soy sauce where I dip my sushi in, I love how it tastes. Other than that, I can't really eat a lot of it. I LOVE spicy sauces like sriracha and tapatio, but it's hard for me to get down a lot of wasabi. I always feel it going through my nose.
Old Posted 03-08-2017, 10:36 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #41  
Depends on what sort of flavour I want. I don't mix it with other sauces though. Apparently that's a North American thing to mix it with soya, though I can't recall where I heard that. I will put a little bit on some ginger to have after my sushi, but rarely.
Old Posted 03-08-2017, 11:07 PM Reply With Quote  
I used to dislike ginger, but now I'm slowly teaching myself to like it because of the health benefits.

I'm Filipino myself, and we have this rice porridge called arroz caldo that's boiled with fresh strips of ginger. I actually quite like it, it's delicious.
Old Posted 03-14-2017, 09:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Io, Jupiter
Default   #43  
Ginger is very good for you, as is turmeric.
I started taking turmeric pills but it upset my stomach, so now I just season my food with it. I use it when I make tuna salad, or fish.

Arroz caldo sounds delicious.

One spice I do not like much is rosemary.
Last edited by Moonshadow; 03-19-2017 at 10:39 PM.
Old Posted 03-19-2017, 10:23 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I have discovered Passata and it's my new favourite thing! I have problems with tomatoes in general but the strained stuff (which apparently is always in a glass jar and never touches metal) is working out quite well! I'd almost use it to replace ketchup (not that I eat much ketchup.)
Old Posted 04-11-2017, 07:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #45  
Yum, sounds good! I love anything tomatoes anyway - I definitely have to try it. It's different from normal tomato sauce, I suppose? A bit healthier sounding too.

Something I discovered recently that is tomato-related is sun dried tomatoes. Heavenly. I like to put it on my toast with a bit of pesto as well.

Also, anyone here try sushi burritos? I just got a job as a sushi burrito roller.
Old Posted 05-13-2017, 03:34 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Never tried a sushi burrito. I imagine it would taste more or less like sushi, but with whatever is used by way of a tortilla. I am fond of rice wraps, though.

Passata to me tastes fresher than tomato sauce, and it supposed to be lower in acid content. I have troubles with some foods and sometimes it's acid. It works for me. Apparently you can more-or-less make it with regular tomatoes and a cheese grater. Just avoid getting skin and seeds into it.

I took my first crack at a bruschetta sort of thing for a party and it worked quite well! Just Roma tomatoes, olive oil, salt & pepper, basil, and flat leave parsley. I added a can of diced tomatoes (after meticulously cutting and seeding my romas) when I found out I didn't have enough. Could get my hands on any proper bread but my cousin's stepdaughter had some baguettes and neatly arranged little bite sized bits and put them in the oven. Was popular!
Old Posted 05-23-2017, 04:02 AM Reply With Quote