Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

We're all mad here.
Default Re-releasing Baldur's Gate!   #1  
Overhaul games is apparently the new form of Bioware and Black Isle, but I hope it's more or less the same game as it was. I never even finished the orignal. Family comp got a virus and killed my game.

Baldur's Gate was the first party based RPG that I ever played and I spent hours attached to it, as did my dad, and my sister, and my brother, and my cousin, and two of my dad's friends...

Anyone else play Baldur's Gate and are looking forward to this? I'm hoping it's not too tough for my laptop now, though I think I can still run the original if it is. Haven't played the game in ages!
Old Posted 09-09-2012, 10:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Hard to say myself. It reminded me of some of the first ones I played, way back in 256 colors and 2D...as well as turn based. Which was actually my only gripe about Baldur's Gate is that stuff went too quickly for me to keep track of ^^; I'm not sure how much I would like a remake...I have no problem with them but the elements I really adored from the very basic ones seem to be lost with shininess sometimes.

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 09-10-2012, 01:31 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #3  
They're calling it an ehanced release so I hope that means the core of the game will stay the same, even the old 2e rules. The new characters look neat though. From what I heard from my brother, it's pretty much shined up and made ready for tablet play and such but I'm not sure if the game has actually changed. It would be nice if they could add Tales of the Sword Coast as part of the game instead of as an expansion.
Old Posted 09-10-2012, 01:38 AM Reply With Quote  
an evil, possessed, psycho doll
I have both Baldur's gates games for the ps2. I had no idea that it was getting re-released on the pc, I am excited about it now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakadon
I give you the right to yell at anyone that breaks my RP rules >:U
Nikko is my nii sama and Reyoki is my nee sama

この終わりのない声で、私はそれは私の選択で、歌います

Old Posted 09-10-2012, 07:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #5  

wait baldur's gate as in forgotten realms or was there another game that had the same name... cause I am all for a crawler remake >w<

Old Posted 09-10-2012, 08:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Is that the one with like 4 CD, or was that the second (if that even exist)? I had a baldur's gate game once, but I never did much in it, and can barely remember anything about it. I found the second CD not long ago, but it dissapeared again as fast as I found it.
I don't even
Old Posted 09-11-2012, 01:43 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #7  
I think the first one had 6 disks with the expansion (5 for teh game, 1 for Tales of the Sword Coast).

Yes, Baldur's Gate takes place on the Sword Coast, DnD Forgotten Realms campaign setting. Not sure if they're remaking the sequel but that might come later. I hope so. It will be playable on tablets now apparently. I've read a fair number of books in that setting so I especially liked it.

Kaguya, Baldur's Gate first existed on the PC. I believe that the PS2 games are different. I've only played a little of the first one. Do you have a party of 6 people or just yourself running around? I know the games are different.

I hope it uses the old story line. Even though I know what happens given all the other people I know who've played it, I still want to play it through. :)

Here's the website:
http://baldursgate.com/

Apparenly it's beign released for PC, Mac, iPad, and later Android.
Old Posted 09-11-2012, 05:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws

pc! that makes me happy enough :3

and I told kano the forgotten realms was dnd D< he kept saying it wasn't

Old Posted 09-11-2012, 07:33 AM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Default   #9  
I've never played them but am somewhat interested to. I sorta recently played Neverwinter Nights and enjoyed it. If the re-release is only for tablets though, then I can't ^_^*

...oh wait you said PC right there! Yeah, reading comprehension.
Old Posted 09-11-2012, 02:09 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Heh. I loved Baldur's Gate. I believe Neverwinter was made in the same vein as BG, I think it was really the first of it's type. Neverwinter, or one of the NW games uses the next edition of DnD. Neverwinter is also a place in the Forgotten Realms Campaign setting if memory serves. :).

Yup. :). Forgotten Realms is DnD, one of their campaign settings and the largest one. They're got a few worlds but I think the main three are Greyhawk (default world), FR, and Eberron, though I've yet to see an Eberron game. Just books.

Of course, you don't need to know a darn thing about DnD to play Baldur's Gate, but it helps. I wonder if the new edition is going to use THAC0?
Old Posted 09-11-2012, 05:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbow Goddess
Default   #11  
Omg are you serious?? I love baldurs gate!!!!

my closet
Dark is my puppyi luff hermes<3
Old Posted 09-11-2012, 06:10 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Release Date! Baldur's Gate is coming out November 30th. :). So hoping I'll have the money for it and that my comp will run it. *Crosses fingers that it's less arduous than Skyrim*

Tales of the Sword Coast comes with it too. Handy. :)
Old Posted 11-20-2012, 12:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Confused
Default   #13  
I owned a big collection of Baldur's Gate, I wish I knew where it was. I never played 2e D&D (started at 3e), so the rules confused me. (THAC0? WTF?) But I would love to give it another go. And also let Lestrade borrow it. Even though it might interfere with his detective inspector-ing.
Old Posted 11-24-2012, 05:46 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
There are only two Baldur's Gate games and one expansion that I know of, minus the console games which are a different style.

I played the second one multiplayer. It was great! Though I got a little annoyed with my brother's habit of running into tombs (he was a mage) and than running out of them again with specters chasing him that my friend and I had to kill. Usually we'd just have taken care of one lot when he'd come running back with the next one.
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 05:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #15  
are they really? o.o omg omg ~girly squeal~ must have Dx i miss these games though sadly i only played the dark alliance series >.>
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 06:42 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Dark Alliance is the console game, yes? I've only played a little bit. Do you have a party or just the one person?

In BG for PC you have a party of up to 6 and you control everyone. It's turn based combat. Our (me, my dad, brother, sister, friend, etc) would set up attacks, pause the game play, and then set up the next round to make things easier to follow. I think the closest new game to Baldur's Gate's play style was Dragon Age? I'm not totally sure.
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 06:55 AM Reply With Quote