Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Fresh meat :D
Default A Thousand Words   #1  
“Ja sam sanjar snova. Zaštitnik ravnoteže. Ja sam jedan, a ja sam mnogo. Držim bez pravog imena.”
“I am the dreamer of dreams. The protector of balance. I am one, and I am many. I hold no true name.”

These words have been spoken to me since my creation, and by these words I have walked among this library correcting the errors of the stories that reside within each and every book. For as long as I can remember I have been alone in this vast world of books, and knowledge. Those words spoken to me by the unforeseen figure are all I have and all I know. Perhaps at one point I did have somebody with me and they had vanished like the dust of the books I clean. Or perhaps those were my first words spoken, or read, or maybe even written. I do not know, nor do I sit around to think of it, I have so much work to do. Oh, you wish for my name. I go by many names. I am sometimes Juliet in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, other times I am Robin Hood of Sherwood Forest. I play many roles within the books, and I was given no name to go by of my own. Though when you think about it, why would I have a name that no one will speak? My role is to simply make sure that the books go by the endings they were entitled to and that the flow is the exact same as before with no exceptions. Once did I feel that one person should not die and I had attempted to change their story, give them a chance to see the beauty that came after their death. However, when I had returned to my library the books were torn, battered, and ripped off the shelves and onto the floors.

There was so much dust that at first I had though time had gone by but upon closer inspection I found that they were books, most of them related to the book I had changed, sequels, prequels and stories that were based off of the book. So with a heavy heart I returned and fixed my mistake. The library was back to normal upon my return and I grew to hate this place of words and silence. That was many years ago, perhaps a century or two. Now I respect the books I tend to and I play the roles of the ones that slide out from their shelves. Books that slide themselves forward are books that need my tending. And I tend to them well. Right now I am young Red Riding Hood, a sweet little girl who will meet her demise within the wolfs body. Reds book had slide forward as I stepped out of a book about a crazed fan holding an author hostage so that he could “fix” his book. When I entered I took the role of the woman who broke his legs. It was a quick fix, she just had to vanish from the room as the police walked in to save the man and find the missing sheriff. Had I not stepped in the authors work would have been lacking in his usual story writing manner. When I hid her body I walked out and the library remained the way I had left it.

That is, until I noticed a small red book with golden script on it. Another easy fix, it seems Red was actually going to listen to her mother and ignore the wolfs suggestion of picking flowers. I smiled and thanked the wolf after inspecting him. Just like every other wolf in the other fable stories, he was tall, with dark fur and gleaming red eyes. Though unlike in “The Three Little Pigs” this wolf was a smooth talker and spoke with words covered in poisoned honey. But Red had to follow his suggestion and for some odd reason she decides she would stray off the track and ignore him. That was why I decided to take over her body and go to the flowers.
To smart to be drunk to sober to deal with your bullshit.
Old Posted 01-10-2011, 03:40 AM Reply With Quote  
Kokoro Kuro

“We should not have played God...we should not have tempted his wrath upon our heads…” The Professor stared realizing this fact too late as the flames grew higher and higher into the sky swallowing up the facility that he gave more than thirty-two years of his life to. Not even the rain was strong enough to put out the violent flames that destroyed decades of research and study. So many experiments, all those lives, so much countless time spent; all of it becoming ashes, flying into the air to be forgotten in time. I watched as the Professors knees grew weak and continued to watch as he slowly fell to the ground. Now on his hands and knees, I stared at him as the tears fell freely from his grey eyes. So much sorrow filled my body and there was nothing I could do to ease the pain that was however, until I wrapped my small arms wrapping around his head and hugged him to my small flat chest. He froze briefly nearly forgetting that not everyone had been trapped. A few scientists had escaped and saved a few documents and notes when they escaped. Including me, who was one of his greatest accomplishments yet, and here I stood holding him in my arms. “It’s ok Professor.” Somehow these simple naïve words comforted him with what little hope I actually believed there to be. Slowly a smile crept to his blistered lips and he placed one large hand on my bare arm. “You’re right…we’ll begin anew somewhere else…my beloved Katherine.” It was at that time I had sealed his fate and my own.
32 years earlier
Old Posted 01-11-2011, 03:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Default Story Idea 2   #3  
Thirteen years ago my father came home drunk. It was normal to see him like this, after his glory days he gave up on life, gave up being the hero that everyone respected. Now he was just a drunk man who gambled. However, tonight he came home crying. He didn't even look at my mother instead he picked me up and held me. I looked over his shoulder in time to see three men come into our home and grab my mother. She started screaming for me to look away, swearing at my father asking him what he has done now. They took my mother to the bed room and shut the door but it did not shut the sounds behind that door. When I realized what was happening to my mother I fought and I shouted I yelled insult after insult into my father's ear. After what seemed like years of this hell it went silent and they walked out. I heard no sound from the bedroom and I was able to struggle out of my father's arms to run into the room. There lying naked on the bed with her throat slit was my mother. My knees felt weak and my mind buzzed suddenly I rage I have never known consumed my very being and I looked back at my father. "How could you have let them do that to her?! Why did you let this happen to mom?! I hate you! I hate you! You are a failure and you'll always be a failure! I wished they took me too!! YOU ARE NOT MY FATHER!" Time seemed to have slowed down and I allowed my anger to consume my being. I trained myself how to use my father's sword until when I was sixteen and I found my mother's murderers and slit their throats with a skill only known in stories of my father's former glory. However, I changed his technique for my own usage and at the time I left a pattern of a rose on the ground made from the blood of the three victims. Later that night I felt my rage returning full force, it had been easy to kill those men and yet my father didn't do so. That night I fed my father poison and set my house on fire taking with me only my mother's beautiful necklace that had been passed down from her grandmother. As my former dwellings burned in a blaze I threw my father's sword into it. I had no need for a sword of a former hero. I would make a new name for myself. I will be "Crimson Rose Blade".
Old Posted 01-11-2011, 03:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Nikki sat alone in her room with the lights off and her stereo playing the random mix of songs she had for a night like this. A night where the rain pounded on the roof of her house: her brother out on some nightly excursion that she didn't know and her mother working late. However, what did bug her, what tore deep into her heart and soul was the thoughts that were forever tangled into a mess of friendship and love. A random song came onto her CD and she realized it was that country song Haruka had put on, using her bizarre ninja skills that were unquestionably pro.

I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house
That don't bother me
I can take a few tears now and then and just let 'em out

I'm not afraid to cry every once in a while even though
Goin' on with you gone still upsets me
There are days every now and again I pretend I'm okay
But that's not what gets me

Crying, yeah that was what she was doing tonight, like every night like this one. She was crying because…because…

What hurts the most
Was being so close
And havin' so much to say
And watchin' you walk away

And never knowin'
What could've been
And not seein' that lovin' you
Is what I was tryin' to do

She was in love with her best friend and she didn't know how to tell her. She had been by this girls side for years on end. Practically grew up with her in this neighborhood. Every night since she saw that long beautiful hair and those beautiful brown eyes she couldn't escape from her wants. That painful clench in her heart, the constant worrying when she wasn't insight, the skip in her step, the music in her soul... She knew it all too well what those feelings were. And she tried so hard to ignore those painful, beautiful feelings.
It's hard to deal with the pain of losin' you everywhere I go
But I'm doin' it
It's hard to force that smile when I see our old friends and I'm alone
Still harder gettin' up, gettin' dressed, livin' with this regret
But I know if I could do it over
I would trade, give away all the words that I saved in my heart
That I left unspoken
But it was too late now;now that she had found her first crush. She could tell even though she desperately tried to hide it. Nikki wasn't stupid;well she was stupid she just wasn't blind. It all came crashing down on her and there was no way she could stop it. And the song kept playing her story: She wanted to touch her, wanted to hold her, talk to her, make her laugh;most of all she wanted to love her to be loved by her.

What hurts the most
Is being so close
(Much to say)

And never knowin'
What could've been
Is what I was tryin' to do, oh
Oh yeah

What hurts the most
Was being so close
(To say)

And never knowin'
What could've been
Is what I was tryin' to do

Not seein' that lovin' you
That's what I was trying to do, ooo

"I love you Taiki…" And with this sad song that Haruka ninja'd into her life. Nikki cried her tears just like any other night over the girl named Taiki.
Old Posted 01-28-2011, 05:01 AM Reply With Quote  
Default Tall Tail   #5  
My name is Leto James, I am the last of my family…the last of my village. But I will not die…he won’t let me die and I’m so tired and I’m…so hungry…I’m always so hungry this pain it hurts so much. I don’t know how long I’ve been here for. I just know I’m here…since I was a little girl…I’ve..done horrible things…I…I want to…I wa..I’m so very hungry. I have torn into the flesh of the ones I loved so long ago..but their blood remains fresh on my tongue…oh how could I have done such a thing? They were so strong but I was so weak…but when my hunger took over they were easy to overpower…easy to fall prey to my fangs, my claws, my need to satisfy my hunger.
I disappeared from my village nearly twelve years ago. On June 23rd the small village located in the mountain woods of Ibiza, Mexico was attacked by unknown animals. Though was around to see what kind of creatures where present, their marks were found on every home. Throughout the village blood and gore was littered within every home. But not a single person was either living or fully intact. Not a single area of the village was spared of blood….not a single body was ever found of the villagers. The James family, my family, was one of the four representatives of the town. Our house was torn to pieces and the livestock slaughtered. So many people came and left our village trying to seek out answers, for survivors, they became so desperate in their search they were praying just to find a body.
Old Posted 02-11-2011, 07:10 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
fantasy, girl, library, short story