Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Tasty Zucchini!
Default   #17  
I nearly got fully infected with that pesky thing a while back, forge the name it went under, but it was some other fake antivirus thing. I killed it in mid download, thankfully.

But to fully get rid of it, I did a system restore to before it hit me, then used rkill and Malwarebytes to full get rid of any remnants. Hasn't shown up since.
Old Posted 01-28-2011, 07:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Haunted AND the thing that haunts you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiania View Post
Spybot search and destroy , that can be found at safer-networking, is free and clears those right up. I had one of those and it took spybot to get rid of the darn thing DX
I had Spybot S&D on my old lappy, as well as AVG (free but asking for an upgrade except the upgrade didn't seem to come in a free version)and Adaware but then a guy at my mom's work when he checked it out for me removed them all and replaced them with Microsoft Security essentials saying all three were cool but obsolete.

Now I have MSE on my new lappy now as well. This guy is an expert and even chose this lappy out of several choices I had selected off of Bestbuy.com I sent with my mom to work. I trust what he says.
Weird thing happened to me yesterday. I was checking something on my FB, and suddenly this window popped up at me saying 'You have chosen to download and install ____'(don't remember the name, didn't really care to look closely) and asked me to either save or run it. I zapped the damn thing away within seconds because I knew I did NOT choose to download anything, I NEVER download anything on this lappy in attempt to keep it healthy and fast. I know downloading too much stuff gets you a bunch of bugs.

This was new though, I have never had this happen before on this lappy or my old one.
~ Red Rum She Said
Last edited by RedRum; 02-01-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old Posted 02-01-2011, 09:09 PM Reply With Quote