Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Your Friendly Neighborhood Lurker
Default Dark Souls 3   #1  
So, I searched a little nd didnt see a thread, Im curious on who us a ds fan here.

So why dont we start with favorite boss and most hated.

My favorite boss would probably have to also be the one i hate the most xD The nameless king fight... its so nerve racking but his design is so neat!
"Cause I've been falling apart in the pouring rain"

"I'm waging war on myself. A captive causality"

""

"Traded a merciful heart for a murderer�s brain
But now I curse what's in my head
Because I can't stop seeing red"
Old Posted 07-27-2016, 08:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Lorian and Lothric are easily my favorite boss, they took me on a journey from getting utterly wrecked by them to knowing every single one of their tells and completely mastering the fight. Plus, I love their lore.

Least favorite/most frustrating, I'd probably have to say, well actually let's separate those. Least favorite was by far goddamned Yhorm the Giant. I was so hyped for that fight from the opening cinematic and it was such a complete letdown.

Most frustrating for me was the Ancient Wyvern. I hated everything about the Dragon Shrine and I missed him the first time I finally made it to the platform where you plunge on his head.

Then there were bosses like the Dancer and Aldrich where I had wildly different experiences with them on my second playthrough. I beat them both in one try on my first run and then had to get help to get past them on my second (different character, not NG+).
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 07-27-2016, 08:36 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #3  
Yhorm.

Based entirely on cut-scenes because I haven't actually played the game and involving no battle mechanics at all, Yhorm.

I've gotten as far in Dark Souls to be annoyed with Black Knights and that's about it.
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 07-29-2016 at 01:08 AM.
Old Posted 07-29-2016, 12:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Yhorm, Is actually quiet disappointing they give you a weapon that takes out his health 1/5 at a time, and all you have to do is stay under his feet. Though the cut scene's do make it look difficult.

""

Old Posted 07-29-2016, 02:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #5  
I mean, I guess if one were to "get good", one could fight him without using Stormruler, but even then it would just be tedious and annoying, it's not like his attacks are hard to predict. He only has like 3. Total letdown of a boss. Even the Giant Lord in DS2 was more imposing imo.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 07-29-2016, 05:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Exactly my thoughts, I actually got bored once and fought him without stormruler... It was so annoyingly easy, and that's saying something for DS. Simply because it's usually the exact opposite annoyingly difficult xD

""

Old Posted 07-29-2016, 05:33 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #7  
I guess I should specify, it's the opening sequence of the game I'm thinking of. I saw a clip of the actual approach and battle and yeah, it's meh.
Old Posted 07-31-2016, 04:18 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
I've been watching Gamegrumps play it, and dear god Arin is bad. x'D He picked a pyromancer and not even using it as a pyromancer. Silly Arin. I'm playing the first one myself, though its rough going because a friend of my brother's that wanted to play with me as a tank kept getting herself killed because she didn't pay attention to her health when she has healing spells. =.=; Then they would agro on me and kill me. When through like 10 humanity because of that bull. Not to mention instead of trying to kite enemies she'd just run in head long because she's a 'tank'. *facepalm*

Old Posted 08-01-2016, 10:57 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #9  
I'm a little ways into the first one as well. I started with a knight because that suited my character concept better, but I later re-made her as a warrior and that's suited my play style better. I have DS2, DS3 has not yet been on for cheap enough for me to buy it.
Old Posted 08-03-2016, 07:26 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
I don't have the other two yet, and I started with deprived. XD My brother's friends were horrified, including the one playing as a tank and agroing everything. >>;

Old Posted 08-03-2016, 08:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Default   #11  
Oh I'm definitely a Dark Souls fan. I love 3. I have the soundtrack, even. The first DLC is supposed to drop in September, I believe. You bet I'll be on it. I play on PS4 if anyone wants to team up. I'll give you my PSN name.
Old Posted 08-28-2016, 11:30 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
I don't have a PS4 sadly, if I play it will probably be on PC. ^^; (has controller so all good).

Old Posted 08-29-2016, 12:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Default   #13  
I should start playing more games on PC. But I'd have to build a PC.

I'd love to be able to mod games like Fallout 4. They were SUPPOSED to be on PS4 already. But nooooooo...
Old Posted 08-29-2016, 12:41 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Another reason why I prefer PC. ^^; I didn't put much into this computer, just upped the power supply, graphics card and memory for me, and I bought stuff that was on sale. So using the computer I already had I spent about $200-300 upgrading it. I can't play everything on the best graphics ever, but I don't need super awesome graphics to enjoy a game (plays shovel knight after all).

Old Posted 08-29-2016, 02:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #15  
I loved watching arin play though it was funny xD

Ive played all the ds games so far including demon souls. They are all pretty amusing. I usually go for a light armor warrior with a small kite. Ds3 i have fallen knights set with a pretty decent sheild and elenora a battle axe xD

I know the struggle with playing alongside tanks xD they get brave and tend to thinm they are invincible

""

Old Posted 08-29-2016, 08:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
I play with light armor, the Farron Greatsword and Pyromancy. I'm on like.. playthrough 3. Souls level 300-something. I can't quite remember. I'm pretty OP I think. I farmed the last boss a ridiculous amount.

I thong-knight it up on weakling enemies. They cannot kill what cannot die.

Lol.
Old Posted 08-29-2016, 11:08 PM Reply With Quote