Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Illusionist
Default Recommend Some Video Games 4 Me   #1  
While I'm loaded with money here from the holiday I'm considering buying a lot of games.

I'll list some games I own/played, feel free to recommend a game or two depending on what you'd think I'd like.
I only have a PS3, and 3DS. I'm not looking to buy any other system.

Own:
PS3:
Final Fantasy 13 (and 13-2)
Skyrim
Resonance of Fate
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Ico & Shadow of the Colossus HD
Ratchet and Clank (Tools of destruction, and a crack in time.)
Journey PSN.
Infamous
Littlebigplanet
Oblivion

Played:
Uncharted 1-3
Lost Planet
Sonic games (ALL OF THEM, minus the HD port of Sonic adventure 2.)

3DS: (Please don't recommend DS games.)
Own:
Kid Icarus Uprising
LOZ Ocarina of Time 3D
Kingdom Hearts 3D

Played:
Pokemon Rumble Blast

Can anyone recommend some good games to me? I DARE YOU. I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU. I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU!

Old Posted 12-28-2012, 07:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
And why SHOULDN'T I recommend DS games? There are some bloody good DS games out there.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-28-2012, 07:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
Default   #3  
because he has access to any DS game :P

Illusion I can recommend some 3ds games for you:

Paper Mario Sticker Star
Virtue's Last Reward(You know about this one :P)
Mariokart 7(though i still play mariokart ds)
Epic Mickey
Theatrhythm(though it does get old pretty quickly but hey final fantasy chars)

for ps3 maybe the assassin creed series, you can pick up the first 4 for like 5-10 each.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
It was Ashy's abs that brought us forth

Gallagher is my eternal nemesis
I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 12-28-2012, 08:15 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
What's wrong with PC games? :( PC games and DS games are the only ones I know.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 12-28-2012, 08:40 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #5  
My computer cant run most PC games, that and I hate PC games controls.

@Ashy
Is theaterythm any good? I'm not a big fan of music games, but I do love final fantasy music.

@Coda
Because odds are I played the game, and I don't want to list every DS game I've ever played. Theres just too many.. o.o

Old Posted 12-28-2012, 09:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
yeah it actually is quite good and there are different difficulty levels, its pretty cool for nostalgia more than anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
It was Ashy's abs that brought us forth

Gallagher is my eternal nemesis
I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 12-28-2012, 09:22 PM Reply With Quote  
The One and Only
Default   #7  
I don't own a PS3 but I have a PS2 ouo
How about any of the Tales of series?
I heard Tales of the Abyss is awesome
Ōkami is pretty awesome.

Sergeant Pup
Old Posted 12-28-2012, 11:05 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
I don't own a PS3 but I have a PS2 ouo
How about any of the Tales of series?
I heard Tales of the Abyss is awesome
Ōkami is pretty awesome.
I heard that game got a 3DS port, I've been complicating whether to buy it or not with myself.

Old Posted 12-29-2012, 12:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #9  
I'm biased, but I love my NHL13. <3
Don't know if you're into [NHL] hockey enough to get its video game equivalent though. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashy View Post
for ps3 maybe the assassin creed series, you can pick up the first 4 for like 5-10 each.
owo
Really, Ashykins? :o

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 12-29-2012, 12:10 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arikana View Post
I'm biased, but I love my NHL13. <3
Don't know if you're into [NHL] hockey enough to get its video game equivalent though. XD

owo
Really, Ashykins? :o
I extremely dislike like sports, playing a game would be like playing that one terrible Aquaman game.

OH THE HORROR!

Old Posted 12-29-2012, 01:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Default   #11  
I really would recommend the Assassin's Creed series.....not biased at all though....>.>
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 12-29-2012, 01:17 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
I'm sorta waiting on a Assassin's Creed collection personally. :/ I don't want to buy 5 (6?) different games just to get caught up with a story that I don't really like so much. (My Ex-Girlfriend played Assassin's Creed religiously if you know what I mean, so of course I had to study up on Assassin's Creed. Long story short I got her brothers hooked on Skyrim and she never saw the Xbox again. We broke up well after.)

The game-play looks fun, but I'm not positive I want to start the series until a cheap bundle comes out with all the DLC ect.

Just out of curiosity, if I bought the games is there any game I can skip anything Storywise? Does one game easily explain what happens in the next? Or do I really need to buy every game to know what the hell is going on? I read up on the series before and got confused and alienated from it real fast.

Old Posted 12-29-2012, 04:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Is Legen...Wait for it...Dary
Default   #13  
Phantasy Star Online 2 once it comes out to where ever you live... Its cross platform so android phones, ps vita, pc and ps3 if im correct. pretty much u create one character and u can play it on any of the systems... maps maybe smaller than on pc but its the same game and from what i hear from japan its really good
Old Posted 12-29-2012, 10:59 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyjin View Post
Phantasy Star Online 2 once it comes out to where ever you live... Its cross platform so android phones, ps vita, pc and ps3 if im correct. pretty much u create one character and u can play it on any of the systems... maps maybe smaller than on pc but its the same game and from what i hear from japan its really good
It looks pretty good (AND ITS FREE TO PLAY <3333)
It doesn't come out until sometime 2013, you got my excited though! :3

Old Posted 12-29-2012, 04:23 PM Reply With Quote  
My Law is Marshall
Default   #15  
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyjin View Post
Haha yes PSO2. I love PSO, and am not such a fan of PSU lol. PSO though is sexy stuff smothered onto hot buns.

Also if you like fighting games maybe you can try Tekken Tag Tournament Two, or if you want for like $10 now you can pick up a copy of Bayonetta. It's a pretty fun game. IF you don't know what it is just think of a witch that uses her hair as a catalyst to someone magical demons from hell while using all kinds of weapons which equip to her hands as well as her feet.

Another if you likes Infamous you could try the 2nd one, or play Prototype one and two. They are like Infamous, but you're a slightly more overpowered shapeshifting infected virus man that turns his hands into swords claws whips hammers you name it.

Battle Record: 16 W 2 L 14 Total
Last edited by Law; 12-29-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old Posted 12-29-2012, 04:44 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshark View Post
Haha yes PSO2. I love PSO, and am not such a fan of PSU lol. PSO though is sexy stuff smothered onto hot buns.

Also if you like fighting games maybe you can try Tekken Tag Tournament Two, or if you want for like $10 now you can pick up a copy of Bayonetta. It's a pretty fun game. IF you don't know what it is just think of a witch that uses her hair as a catalyst to someone magical demons from hell while using all kinds of weapons which equip to her hands as well as her feet.

Another if you likes Infamous you could try the 2nd one, or play Prototype one and two. They are like Infamous, but you're a slightly more overpowered shapeshifting infected virus man that turns his hands into swords claws whips hammers you name it.

I'm not a big fighting game fan... The only tournament fighting game I've really played was Dragonball Z games.

I heard about Bayonetta (mainly a bunch of fans are boycotting the 2nd game because it's becoming a Wii U exclusive.) What is the gameplay similar to exactly? It looks like a very good (and very sexy..)game.

And I'm kinda torn about Infamous 2 because of the drastic changes of appearance, voice actors, ect Infamous 2 has.

Old Posted 12-29-2012, 05:10 PM Reply With Quote