Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Is Legen...Wait for it...Dary
Default Need help with possible near future desktop   #1  
So the most i know im gonna spend about 1000 or less
im gonna put a Nvidia GTX 650, intel cpu (dont know), need a motherboard for it.

I have a disk drive and hard drive...
so need to figure out cpu, motherboard, ram, case and power supply... GTX 650 requires a minimum of 450 watts.

any ideas?
Old Posted 01-17-2013, 08:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
If your intent is to spend less than a thousand dollars, go to the store and buy one off the shelf. Building your own is no longer cheaper than buying a commoditized machine. Find one that satisfies the specs you want, and buy it.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-17-2013, 08:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #3  
Did some research for you.

Check out http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227443 -- I don't think you're going to find a GTX650 for cheaper, and the specs look pretty solid. You might need to sink $30 into a better power supply for it, but otherwise it should be pretty good.

Why do you want a GTX650 in specific, though? If you loosen up your requirements a bit you can find even better.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-17-2013, 08:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Bc my current one is 8500gt and i dont have a great resolution... im also getting a new monitor/tv to support max resolution on the gtx
Old Posted 01-17-2013, 09:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #5  
You don't need a GTX650 then. There are PLENTY of other cards that will satisfy you. Obviously you could go higher (GTX670 or GTX680) but a GTX620 for example will still do just fine for you. You might even be okay with something older like a GTX580. I'm actually running a substantially older card in my desktop (I think it's a GT 240) even though the rest of that machine is absurdly fast (it's an i7-3930K, I could overclock it even faster if I wanted to) because it was cheap and and is capable of driving my 2560x1440 display without breaking a sweat.

Old Posted 01-17-2013, 09:22 PM Reply With Quote  
yeah im looking for something to play BF3, Diablo 3, League, PSO2 and some other games
Old Posted 01-17-2013, 10:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #7  
Honestly you'd probably be fine with Intel HD 4000, but if you're the kind of player who insists on turning the graphics settings way up...

Huh. The one I linked earlier still looks like the best deal.

Old Posted 01-18-2013, 01:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
I'll be honest, Coda is right on this. Cost-wise, buying one pre-made is better off with getting good overall specs. If you really insist on building one, will have to compromise on something or increase what you are wanting to spend.
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 01-18-2013, 05:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #9  
yeah i have like an intel 3000 on my laptop... its ok on diablo 3 but i need something more powerful then intel
Old Posted 01-18-2013, 10:24 PM Reply With Quote