Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Dragon of Ice
Default   #49  
It actually didn't in my opinion, but I'm interested to see how they play off the ending.
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 11-26-2012, 11:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Confused
Yeah, I just finished the game. I thought the controls got worse, somehow. They tried to make too many things automatic that weren't before, and it led to a lot of annoyance. And the story...I don't know, they suddenly just went this cheesy...I don't know, it was always a little cheesy and I was okay with it, but somehow, the plot in this one unfolded in a way that went over the line for me. I personally thought it was the weakest of the bunch, in that respect.
Old Posted 11-26-2012, 11:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Default   #51  
Well, just have to wait until the DLC to truly make a ruling on that. Especially since they have so much to work with from the time frame, and controversy galore.....

It was certainly an ambitious undertaking, but I think they redid the controls and glow of battle and such quite well.
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

A monster, a monster
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 12:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
The more I play Assassin's Creed, the more I realize that I hate playing as Desmond.

In AC, I would rush through Altair and hope to play as Desmond because that was the fun part. In AC2, it was a little more balanced; I enjoyed Ezio and Desmond almost equally as Ezio was action and Desmond was enjoyable plot. In AC2:BH/Rev, it was mostly the same. However, in AC3, I find myself rushing through Desmond's part to get back to Connor.

Galla: always, all the time, a galla has no tolerance for it, and galla has all the tolerance.

Trisphee Site Rules | Sei's Hideout
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 01:36 AM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Default   #53  
I just like Altair/Malik fanart >.> after skimming over the plot for the third one I definitely have no interest in the stupid alien plotline.
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 01:53 AM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
As a resident who grew up in Boston and New England and a history major, I was super excited for this game and so far it has not disappointed. I love seeing my home before it was my home. It's a history major's dream, well, minus some inaccuracies that bother me.

Galla: always, all the time, a galla has no tolerance for it, and galla has all the tolerance.

Trisphee Site Rules | Sei's Hideout
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 02:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Default   #55  
Sei: Well, it is an alternate history so there are due to be some discrepancies, eh? And I understand rushing through Desmond's parts a bit, but I did enjoy them for the Skyscraper mission (skydiving and the like....well, close to it) as well as the history of the First Civilization through Juno's "eyes". The emails were interesting as well.

Lestrade: Actually, it's not "aliens" persay. They evolved on Earth first, created mankind to enslave them, solar flare wiped out most of both races, but humans had greater capacity to rebuild. The First Civilization interbred with humans to give them their own gifts and access to their technology. More of the perception that any advanced technology can be seen as magic to primitives and the like. They are likely to play off that more in future games since the fight has shifted.
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

A monster, a monster
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 10:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
I don't remember if I read this in this thread, but someone mentionned the more recent the AC are the harder (?) it is to control, because they tried the game make some stuff more automatic. The thing is that it makes the character sticky and do weird stuff that you don't want to do. I call that the Prototype syndrome (It's the first place I've seen that) and I'm starting to see it becoming quite annoying in Brotherhood.

Also, whoever said the Capitains for the Borgia Tower we're hard/annoying to kill clearly doesn't know how to sneak on them and shot them with the gun (I think it might have been in gamefaqs though)

I like the combat more in Brotherhood as of yet, then 1, then 2. I love the kick in brotherhood, sooooo usefull.

I'm pretty interested in seeing where the story's going though, although from what I read AC3 seems to be pretty underwhelming on the story part O.o?

@Sei : what's kind of boring with Desmond is that he can move around but it serve no purpose <.< Except like getting that one trophy in Brotherhood. It's nice that you can get out when you want, but what's the point?

Speaking of that, can you still redo wichever memories you want in AC3? Because I've seen some of the side-mission they have for full synchro and some are damn insane. That's why I like Brotherhood, if you screw up something you wanted to do you can always redo-it :D
I don't even
Old Posted 11-28-2012, 01:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Confused
Default   #57  
yeah, you can redo missions. Actually, I 100% synched most the main missions fairly easy, because you can restart from the most recent checkpoint while in a mission. The only side mission I didn't 100% synch was a naval mission where you have to do crazy stuff. From what I gathered in the forums, it was easily the hardest optional objective in the game.
Old Posted 11-28-2012, 03:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Well... The Truth in Brotherhood is officily the glitchiest MESS I have ever seen in the history of ever. It seriously took me about 40 minutes to beat because stuff like being cube'd or stair'd kept happening and nothing was spawning right after a point. Hurray.

Now to start Revelation, although I probably won't bother with the multiplayer trophies eiter (got all offline one on Brotherhood).

Judging by the pace I'm going, I'll be working on AC 3 in not so long.
I don't even
Old Posted 12-03-2012, 12:07 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Default   #59  
So, just released the Hidden Secrets pack. Any thoughts on it? It's not much, but it's another tag on of more missions with some goodies for multiplayer as well.
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

A monster, a monster
Old Posted 12-06-2012, 04:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Finaly starting AC 3 and I got to say, it has a really weird control scheme compared to the others. Also, hurray for not understand anything and still managing to do it xD I have no idea how the lockpicks works and that strange mini-game on the boat makes absolutely no sense yet I still won it!

Is there still an uber insane armor in this one, like the Ishtar Pacha (I think) from Revelation or the Brutus one from Brotherhood? I really love the look of the revelation one.

Speaking of, I already miss the Hook from Revelation lol and I've only just arrived in Boston <.< Oh and I loved to death the last part of Altair in Revelation, that was so moving for me T.T and I like how they transitionned back to Ezio with the swoosh camera :D

Anyway, back on 3, I think it'll take a good while for me to get used to the new control scheme and the lockpicking (I still have no idea what the hell)

Edit : Wait what? There's a code (The konami code ?!?) to get an assassin turkey with you?!? Is that a real code or what? That seems so damn hilarious xD

Re-Edit : Well, that happened (AC3) : What is this I don't...
I don't even
Last edited by Rico; 12-11-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old Posted 12-08-2012, 02:18 AM Reply With Quote