Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Desolation Denizen
Default   #33  
Wow that's pretty impressive. Especially considering Way of White Corona is widely considered to be the most useless spell in the game by most of the community. :P

Maybe people just need to figure out how to use it properly.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 12-15-2016, 05:29 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
So you know which spell I mean then. XD My friend was saying how under estimated the spell is, he had so much fun trolling invaders with it. XD Wish he could have recorded it so I could ahve seen it. XD

Old Posted 12-15-2016, 05:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #35  
Speaking of invasions, I was helping Quiet's new character through the High Wall of Lothric last night, after dumping a bunch of endgame rings and DLC weapons on her brand new assassin, when we got invaded by this guy dual-wielding those caestus fist weapons. I don't think he was quite expecting that, he might not have even been familiar with Friede's Scythe I was using, cause I completely ate him alive with the weapon art. It gives ridiculous hyperarmor during its combo, which is not very common on Dex weapons.

We... don't usually do that well when we get invaded, especially without a blue-bro to back us up. Though I'm usually helping her on my pyromancer, which... apparently people are REALLY good at dodging those spells lol. Go figure, with how much damage they do.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 12-15-2016, 05:40 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Yeah, hearing the spells as a pyromancer my friend uses, they do a TON of damage. x'D

Old Posted 12-16-2016, 12:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #37  
It's all about those Chaos Bed Vestiges. Good thing pvp'ers are good at dodging them, cause they tend to be a 1shot if they connect. :P
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 12-16-2016, 12:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Double post, but... after all the trouble I've been having with this playthrough, I just beat the Nameless King in like five tries, two of which were getting killed by the camera in phase 1. I don't think he even hit me on the run I beat him on. I don't understand anything. @_@
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 12-16-2016, 05:08 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #39  
Yeah, invasions don't usually go so well, especially since my tactic is to turtle behind Suze or the blue bro when he shows. I do help...on occasion.

Alas, a bit of overenthusiastic boss runs have left both my characters lost and alone in areas we haven't completed yet. Oops.

On the...side of it, maybe I can improve a little since I won't have company, or get really good at running.

Although, considering I spent a portion of our last adventure trying to hit a chair with an estoc, it might be a bit much to hope.
Old Posted 12-17-2016, 01:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Okay, so, was running around the Archives, found a random summon sign for a whitebro, we were doing pretty well, killed the angels, went in to fight L&L, and then... he didn't come in. Don't know if he was trolling me, or if the host has to solo Lorian? Gotta say, I gave a pretty impressive showing of taking on 200% HP Lorian with only 3 estuses left, but he got me when I had him down to 20% of his life.

Oh well. Such is the game.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 12-17-2016, 04:59 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #41  
OMG! Pontiff co-op win first try! Most epic boss fight ever!

No, seriously, we went in and normally when we co-op I end up hanging back and maybe hitting the odd thing that strays my way, or trying to attack and then missing because I misjudged the range of my attack (again).

Suze was handling all the aggro, for the most part, but took a bit of a beating early on and I ran in for a (successful!) distract attempt. I feel so heroic!

Guy is scary though. I was watching his attacks and at one point I circled around behind him when he was locked on Suze, but when I went to attack him I was hit and had to dodge for my life. His purple sword was still pointed at Suze, but he had swung his gold sword around behind him to hit me. I thought it was just an excessive wind-up at first, but I looked up from my dodge and he was staring right at me. Eek.

Extra cool since poor suze had to put up with my griping about not wanting to do it in the first place.

"Only one try!"
Old Posted 12-18-2016, 05:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Spent the evening in Anor Londo with Quiet ganking the hell out of invaders. Was fun times. She seeded this Mound Maker when he was hiding among the silver knight archers. He regretted that decision rather rapidly. :P

Also we fought Aldrich, and he almost 1-shot her his soul spear, but since he kept focusing on her, I just got up in his face with my +10 Wolf Knight greatsword and ended him.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 12-19-2016, 05:33 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #43  
Holding off that Mound Maker solo before he decided to hide out in the archer zone was a bit of a challenge. I was standing on the skinny pillar waiting for suze to drop his sign again (slight mishap). Had my back into the corner and my camera focused on myself so I could see the approaching ledges. He almost got me the first time he charged in but that I just stayed in the corner and played wack-a-mole if he got within the range of my thrust. He then decided the archers were better company.

I think that guy was the first invader we had. Disappeared a few times, got invaded by and killed two other invaders with him still cruising around. He was probably VERY displeased with that seed since he had been chasing us around for probably a good 15 minutes, you think?
Old Posted 12-19-2016, 07:26 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
I tried doing dark souls with a friend, but for some reason every time I tried to summon her my game crashed, and sadly I don't have money for the newer games. >>; So I'm kind of jealous that you two can play together. x'D

Old Posted 12-20-2016, 07:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #45  
Yeah, it's really a whole new experience playing in co-op. The difficulty pretty much goes out the window (which might have to do with me bringing my endgame character into Quiet's world...), but you still have to be on your toes, since you're never really safe in Dark Souls, and especially for bosses, one wrong hit and it's all over. Plus, being in a group makes you get invaded more or less constantly, so the challenge is really replaced by trying to outplay and out-think human opponents. Really breathes new life into the game.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 12-20-2016, 08:46 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
I'd just like to play with someone who knows what their doing at some point, the last time I successfully did co-op with someone the person was playing a 'tank', got killed against the first knight they came across because they weren't trying to block or dodge anything, and didn't use any of their heal skill, then when they died the enemy came after me and killed me. This happened twice, the second time it was four silver knights and I was sniping one of them with my bow at an angle that they couldn't shoot me back at and the person with me just ran out to where they were, swinging wildly, and then drew them all to me. .-.

Old Posted 12-21-2016, 03:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #47  
That's, um... an interesting approach to the game. o-o

We usually have the opposite issue in that I keep running ahead and killing everything before Quiet can catch up because I apparently take my sunbro duties a little too seriously. >_>
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 12-21-2016, 03:31 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
That's probably not too bad a thing as I'm still crap at figuring out my weapon range and miss a lot anyway.

I'm still stunned that I managed to survive the surprise Pontiff Knight guy and the two ghost things that could apparently shoot fireballs. They apparently decided to turn around and come back after they noticed I wasn't following them towards the fie witch. Weapon art for the win! Or for dear life, in this particular instance. Killed fire witch guy, too, and I have his stick!
Old Posted 12-23-2016, 06:02 AM Reply With Quote