Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Bald and loving it!
Default   #17  
I know its why I am asking. Because its the difference between something generic and something specific.
Old Posted 12-27-2011, 10:03 PM  
We're all mad here.
In that case I suggest you PM Fen or Chi to see whether you retain the rights to your design if it's used, and I would also suggest you send any suggestions you have via PM as well if you want them to remain "original" in terms of whether or not the design has been seen before. I know from writing that any poem or story that appears in a public place online such as Trisphee forum is considered to be published by most magazines. It may or may not be the same for artwork but I imagine it is.

Again, might want to double check with other staff as this isn't really my department. ;).
Old Posted 12-27-2011, 10:23 PM  
Developer
Default   #19  
I'm the go-to person for Trisphee on legal issues like this; I'm not a lawyer but I do a lot of reading.

Ideas aren't subject to property law. You can't own an idea. Posting an idea here doesn't mean you can't use it yourself.

All posts made on Trisphee become property of Trisphee, though. The text of your post becomes ours, because we have to be able to store it and make copies of it (for serving up the website, for backups, for moderation, whatever) et cetera. I'm not sure of the EXACT legal theory behind the case of if you post something here and then copy it to somewhere else, but the legal theory here doesn't matter as we're all sane, friendly people here and we're not going to try to beat you over the head with copyright on something you wrote -- if you post a fanfiction here for example we're not going to say "you can't publish that somewhere else because we own it now bwahaha".

If you have more specific questions, feel free to ask.
Old Posted 12-28-2011, 10:30 AM  
Best thing since cheese-in-a-can!
Since The Tower card in Tarot foretells a person's death, perhaps a Grim Reaper with his hand on the avatar's shoulder could be added to the Pillar of the Sky item.

Emperor of Japan*Anonymous Fiend
Nikko, Kaguya, and Toki are my siblings

Reyo has an art thread!
Click the adorable tentacle creature!
Old Posted 12-28-2011, 11:10 AM  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #21  
The card "Death" holds the grim reaper which is why there isn't one for the Tower. ^^,

And the Tower card is normally shown about fighting and war where the Death card is.. well something will die like a pet, plant, person ^^,

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Last edited by Demonskid; 12-28-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old Posted 12-28-2011, 05:15 PM  
Developer
Keep in mind that this is the Trisphee tarot, not the Earth one; there's parallels in symbology and meaning but reimagining things with a Trisphee spin on it is the ultimate goal.
Old Posted 12-28-2011, 05:47 PM  
The Illusionist
Default   #23  
I have an idea
Since there tarot cards why not make actual tarot cards for each item?
Or better yet make a tarot card item with all the Trisphee tarot incarnations and put them in the yearlies store for free. (Just hand held cards nothing to serious)

Old Posted 12-28-2011, 10:37 PM  
We're all mad here.
I think the size of the card would affect the amount of detail one would be able to puy on it, though perhaps one more simple design that could used for Trisphee tarot in general, such as the pattern that would appear on the back of the deck, could be used in place.
Old Posted 12-28-2011, 11:11 PM  
The Lost Bird
Default   #25  
*cough* I know this is off topic, but I wouldn't mind purchase a set if Trisphee comes out with its own Tarot set as real life merchandise. *cough*
|
|

♪♫♪ Self-proclaimed "shy alien ambassador". ♪♫♪

Warning: Tori likes to huggle and snuggle and glomp people randomly. You have been warned. (Oh, I also bite.)
Old Posted 12-28-2011, 11:12 PM  
Pocket Demon Ninja
I would love RL trisphee Tarot Cards! OwO

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 12-28-2011, 11:20 PM  
We're all mad here.
Default   #27  
Me too! Not sure the feasability though, at least for the moment.
Old Posted 12-28-2011, 11:27 PM  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Maybe one day we can get cage to doodle up arts

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 12-28-2011, 11:28 PM  
Best thing since cheese-in-a-can!
Default   #29  
How about maybe a background pose of a card that's stylized with the name of the item, and it looks like the avatar is on the card? Kind of like the Ramune bottle where it looks like the avatar is in the bottle, only in the background instead.

Emperor of Japan*Anonymous Fiend
Nikko, Kaguya, and Toki are my siblings

Reyo has an art thread!
Click the adorable tentacle creature!
Old Posted 12-28-2011, 11:30 PM  
The Illusionist
That's a great idea!
Trisphee can make Trisphee Tarot cards! Perhaps printable so we can make are own Tarot cards? The more I think of it the more I think there should be an event based off the yearlies.
They already seem important to Trisphee's world, why not just expand to that idea?

Old Posted 12-29-2011, 12:38 AM  
Be afraid.
Default   #31  
think of the yearlies as the fashion for this year >.>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
It was Ashy's abs that brought us forth

Gallagher is my eternal nemesis
I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 12-29-2011, 12:40 AM  
Lynx Rufus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
This might get me shot, but I'll say it anyway :p, I think that the starry background from Celestial Regent could possibly be moved to Immortal Worlds and the two would be alright. I like the background and Immortal Worlds does feel sparse. If Regent is popular the it is, then perhaps adding more astral bodies to Immortal Worlds would help, such as a background similar to the stars but maybe a nebula.

If you move it I would be asking for a rune refund. I bought the item because of the background. Removal or switching of poses shouldn't be allowed, only additions.
Old Posted 12-29-2011, 01:24 AM