Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Trisphee's Mad Hatter
Default Dogs are so loyal   #1  
This reminded me of Hachiko.

Quote:
Loyal dog ran away from home to find his dead master's grave - has stayed by its side for six years

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

A faithful dog has refused to leave the side of his dead master's grave for six years, it was reported today.

German shepherd Capitan ran away from home after the death of Argentinian Miguel Guzman in 2006.

A week later Mr Guzman's family went to pay their respects and found the heartbroken pet sitting by his owner's grave, wailing.

Since then the grieving dog has rarely left the spot at the cemetery in the town of Villa Carlos Paz, central Argentina.

Mr Guzman's widow Veronica told Argentina's Cordoba newspaper;
'We had never taken him to the cemetery so it is a mystery how he managed to find the place.

'We went back the next Sunday, and he was there again. This time, he followed us home and spent a bit of time with us, but then went back to the cemetery before it started getting dark.

'I don't think he wanted to leave Miguel on his own at night.'
This really made me tear up, and I know this isn't the only time a dog has stayed by a dead companion. Such as this one.

Has a dog story every made you emotional?
Old Posted 09-13-2012, 09:13 PM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
...have you seen that Futurama episode? >.<
Old Posted 09-13-2012, 09:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee's Mad Hatter
Default   #3  
No, but I heard about it.

Why did he leave that dog there?? T_T
Old Posted 09-13-2012, 09:26 PM Reply With Quote  
It's not like he meant to, haha. He got cryogenically frozen!
Old Posted 09-13-2012, 09:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee's Mad Hatter
Default   #5  
I didn't know that, I only heard that he left the dog in front of a store or something,
Old Posted 09-13-2012, 09:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Oh, the main character of Futurama is a pizza delivery guy who accidentally gets cryogenically frozen for 1000 years. In the dog episode you find out he'd left his dog waiting for him at the pizza place while he went on the delivery that got him frozen, and the dog waited there for twelve years until it died >.< The end of that episode is one of the saddest things you will ever see in your entire life.
Old Posted 09-13-2012, 09:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee's Mad Hatter
Default   #7  
I would be bawling probably.
Old Posted 09-13-2012, 09:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Yeah, I've seen it like three times and the second and third I thought I'd be fine but I still cried like crazy >.<
Old Posted 09-13-2012, 11:18 PM Reply With Quote  
I see you
Default   #9  
I have heard a lot of pet stories that have tugged at my heart strings. Sometimes it is just a picture with a short caption.

Animals: Always there when you need a good cry. <3
Old Posted 09-14-2012, 06:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Aww, poor dog. D: That is so awesome that he is staying by his master's side even though he is gone. Animals are so mysterious and we should treat them all special.

Old Posted 09-14-2012, 07:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #11  
...some of them I eat >.>
Old Posted 09-14-2012, 07:42 PM Reply With Quote  
-:-o}}}-O-{{{o-:-
I don't eat animals, I can't. Anyhow there is something so wondrous and mind boggling about how love between human and animal transcends the inability to communicate. And the love is reciprocal! Dogs are particularly loyal, so much so that their nickname is "Fido" or faithful. I'm always amazed by stories I hear about them.
I used to have a sig. Really.
Old Posted 09-14-2012, 10:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Zombie Platypus
Default   #13  
Hachiko!!!!
You should watch Hachiko Monogatari. Not the English version.
*tears*
Old Posted 09-17-2012, 06:48 AM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
The English version was still really good. I haven't really gotten the chance to watch the original though.
Old Posted 09-18-2012, 08:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Default   #15  
This is a touching story, too.
Just skip to 3:25, that's when it starts.
Unless you want to listen to Michael Clarke Duncan talk about how much he loves cats.
I'm personally more partial to cats myself, but I've had dogs in the past.
Old Posted 09-19-2012, 03:10 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I miss my dog. I was given a painting of him as a Christmas gift by a friend who was also fond of him and I always find myself looking at it. We had to put him down a year ago because of suscpected stomache cancer. I had 13 years with him, and he went with me when I moved to different cities. I would hear from my sister how he would wait by the door about half an hour before I would get home from my hospital treatments in high school (I had kidney failure back then. Transplant now). He was rebellious as a puppy but in later years we were more or less joined at the hip, or feet, as it were. He wasn't a big dog. ;)

He was a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, a toy breed that get very attached to their people and more or less act like little shadows. Can't leave the room without them following. There is a story about a noblewoman, either French or English, not sure, who was killed and her dog stayed with her after her death until it starved to death itself.

I miss him. I knew his life was winding down for sometime but it still felt early to me.

On another note, I wanted to post on Tris to mention the news about the tainted dog treats, to make sure people know about it. Dogs have been gettingn sick adn soem dying of kidney failure and many people believe it's from tainted Chicken Jerkey treats (Waggin Train is one particular brand) and apparently now there are warnings for sweet potato too. The treats haven't been recalled because no formal link has been made yet, but there are advisories out now to avoid feeding your dog treats made in China. In Canada a bag isn't required to label where the food is actually from, I think it's different in the USA where pet foods are actually regulated. Always check the bag for an actual "Made in..." lable, since just because a bag mentions a country doesn't mean it actually comes from there. This has been in the news for a few years but I only found out about it from friends on facebook. I'd like to make sure that this gets spread around so more people know about it.
Old Posted 09-29-2012, 10:14 PM Reply With Quote