Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Trisphee's Mad Hatter
Default Fus-Ro-DAH!   #1  
Ok, so I caved and purchased Skyrim when I swore up and down it was a silly game and I had no interest in it.

My eyeballs have been thoroughly spoiled
I knew of some of the voice actors (Haku's voice from spirited away, cool!)
The glitches actually amuse me
And two weeks later I am still finding stuff to do.

I just became the arch mage, I am awesome.

Discuss the crack that is Skyrim.
Old Posted 05-27-2012, 06:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
I couldn't put the game down for about a month when it first came out, played through it with two characters up to level 50 or so, but then... I just lost interest.

My main gripes were the lack of variety in enemies, especially at high levels; the saddening disparity between unique equipment and the overpowered stuff you can craft (even without any exploits); how short and uninspired (in my opinion) the main quest line was; and how tacked-on and likewise-short the various guild questlines were.

All in all, I feel like the game has a huge WOW! factor, but once you really dig into it... there's not all that much to it. Raiding a randomly-generated bandit camp for the 300th time got kind of boring for me after a while. I would've liked to have seen a lot more variety in pretty much every aspect of the game to increase replayability.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 05-27-2012, 06:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee's Mad Hatter
Default   #3  
Don't all games eventually cause people to lose interest after a while?

Final fantasy
Fable
The nightmare that is Diablo
ECT

Just a humble observation of mine. . .*eats sandwich, OMNOMNOM*
Old Posted 05-27-2012, 07:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Eventually, yes. I should have mentioned, most of the things I had issues with were in comparison to Oblivion. I felt like they actually went backwards in those areas.

Still, Blackreach was worth the money and time to me on its own. Spent 4 hours wandering around that place each playthrough. Stunning. On that note, I did like the improvement in the dungeon design, I just wish all the dungeons had been like the uniques, though I understand that's likely unfeasible.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 05-27-2012, 07:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #5  
I haven't got the game yet, however, played it at my friend's house
I really liked it however I haven't got the dragon killing down that well
got oblivion though, i seem to have a talent at getting myself stuck between rocks and finding other glitches

Belial you are so right that games can become boring over time
some people lose interest in games a lot faster than others
my boyfriend for example at most seems to play games for a month or two before getting bored excluding some war games he has, while I could set down and play games for months on end, without getting bored, so I guess it depends on the game but also the person
Old Posted 05-27-2012, 11:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee's Mad Hatter
I usually fast travel somewhere to get unstuck.

I just found out you can drop food in a tavern and people will fight over it, holy cow that is funny as hell.

And dragons usually come at the worst time for me, I'm shopping in a town and next thing I know a dragon LANDS right on me. . . .

In the middle of a town

Guess I need better armor. . .

And I should see if I can get the flying horse glitch. I didn't see the spinning into the sky thing yet but I did in Fable 3. I thought it only happened in Skyrim.

Either way, I know glitches shouldn't be in a game but it's hilarious to me anyway.
Old Posted 05-27-2012, 11:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Dashing Knight
Default   #7  
Great game, loved it for quite awhile and it can become tedious. Sometimes your walking or riding on horses for 10-20 minutes just searching for something to do, and quests sometimes consist of finding a location, killing/finding someone and returning for your reward.

Still, the game is quite addicting if I i spread out my game time with it. Looting is always the white powder that gets me playing.
Old Posted 05-28-2012, 12:18 AM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee's Mad Hatter
That is true, all the wandering does get tiresome.
I'll get a quest and nothing is around to fast travel to.

The 25 gems quest is kind of a pain, I have 13 so far but the perk you get for it pays nicely I hear. Still, So many locations so far apart puts me off my tea.

One in the Thalomar embassy that apparently needs a key you can't get.
Old Posted 05-28-2012, 07:17 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #9  
I have yet to even bother with the storyline, as that's now what I look for in the game. I'm there to make my own adventure, discover things on my own. not have people tell me where to go to progress the story >_< I've gone just far enough in the story to get dragons. then i stopped and ran away.
Old Posted 05-28-2012, 11:22 AM Reply With Quote  
My Law is Marshall
Haha oh my I remember when I first got Skyrim. I had an absolute wonderful time running through towns leveling up my various capabilities, and then using the little alchemy glitch to boost the hell out of my stats making me one shot dragons leaving them unsure of what to do. They would fly off the ground, and then fly around for a bit before deciding I guess it's time to land and die.

The game was rather entertaining for a while, and I would constantly make new characters specializing them in different things, and honestly the most amusing thing was the most boring as well. I made a character with max sneak, and would run around in my dark brotherhood get up doing 30x damage killing everyone in one hit that I pleased then to boot at 100 sneak I got shadow warrior. That made me able to one shot anyone I want at any time that I wanted. Except of course dragons, and other little things that did not lose sight of you through invisibility. In all honesty though I have not even finished the entire game. I went to the top of the mountain fought Alduin on all my characters, and then I got bored of the story went around destroying things and doing side-quests instead.
Old Posted 05-31-2012, 10:04 PM Reply With Quote