Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Default   #129  
Your writing so reminds me of two bands; Heaven Shall Burn and Intestine Baalism. Heaven Shall Burn makes amazing music and has one of the most awe inspiring vocal presence of all time. Intestine Baalism, on the other hand, writes instrumentals that sound like they were written in the blood of bone-stripped angels, though their vocalist is terrible, and their production quality left something to be desired.

I suggest HSB's - Voice of the Voiceless OR Endzeit (I recommend Endzeit first). And I also suggest you check out A Place Their God's Left Behind by Intestine Baalism

Needless to say, I enjoy the tone of this poem. It's very roses and blood stained white lace dark romantic feel. Maybe I'm just in a metal mood.
Maybe it's a condition, ever think of that? No, no you didn't. You never thought, "oh maybe he's sensitive about his invisible eyes." Maybe it's a skin condition.

"Maybe she was born with it..."
Old Posted 01-26-2012, 08:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Will do.

Actually, I think this weekend I'll go on a music sampling extravaganza, since it's been a while and my list is getting pretty extensive.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 01-26-2012, 08:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #131  
Like A Thousand Sons by HSB is also a good one.
Maybe it's a condition, ever think of that? No, no you didn't. You never thought, "oh maybe he's sensitive about his invisible eyes." Maybe it's a skin condition.

Old Posted 01-26-2012, 08:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Talk about glass half empty...

This is probably my most cynical poem, written in the throes of anguish at coming to understand Scott Bakker's "semantic apocalypse". I've thankfully recovered since. >_>

Don't think I ever posted this here.

The Fever of Philanthropy
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 01-26-2012, 11:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #133  
I had to look up Scott Bakker's "semantic apocalypse" first, which may have been a mistake, we'll see when I recover.

My god, that was more brutal than deep fried babies. I felt myself get a little more depressed after that, I think I need some chocolate bon bons now. I might go curl into a ball and cry myself to sleep. *snuggles a teddy bear with teary fearful sorrowful eyes (that I don't have) and starts sucking his thumb*

No, really, that was brutal. The point was clear, very straightforward, and again, written fantastically. I have to question whether your really just some famous writer playing games with me or whether your genuinely sharing these with me. Have you ever published anything?

And also, I liked this piece because it has a particular rhythm to it. It feels like it was written to a ball room dance; a very unhappy one. There are a couple lines in particular that I really appreciate:

"just an atheist's consistency,
mere entropy made manifest."

"A maze of simple solidarity,
amazed at serendipity."

These lines are very pleasant to the tongue.

I really, genuinely enjoy your literature. If you were a published writer, I would wholeheartedly support your career.

Old Posted 01-27-2012, 12:07 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Oh, God, I was not recommending you go look that up. Seriously, you have my condolences.

And, no, you flatter me. I've never had anything published.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 01-27-2012, 12:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #135  
You should, why not?

Old Posted 01-27-2012, 12:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Eh... well, for one thing, there's an order of magnitude (or two) more people writing poetry than reading poetry. Sadly, publishing poetry isn't worth much prestige. Plus, a lot of places won't take submissions that have been "published" on the internet already. Also, finding a home for my poetry would be somewhat difficult. I'm not exactly "mainstream:. :|

On the other hand, I would like to get my novels published some day, I just need to finish them... I'm my own worst enemy with that. I end up hating everything I write and just scrapping it and starting over. I also work very slowly on them. >_>

Could maybe try to get Diegesis published sometime...
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 01-27-2012, 12:42 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #137  
You know, duotrope that his dandy "reprint" button that you can click and it will search for those magazines that accept reprints along with whatever other details you specify. ;)
Old Posted 01-27-2012, 01:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
I've never had any luck with Duotrope, I fear. The magazines they suggest always seem so... odd. I really wonder if most of them even get read.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 01-27-2012, 01:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #139  
If you want help with your novels, I would be happy to read them over, edit, and give comments or suggestions. I've been working on two separate novel sized series myself, maybe we could swap stories?

Old Posted 01-27-2012, 01:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
We could, only... my problem is in opening chapters. I currently intend to rewrite every one I have. Not happy with them at all, they just don't work, and I'm honestly too discouraged most of the time to even try.

I could tell you about what I'm trying to do, though. I think you'd find my planned novel trilogy that I've been doing all this research for especially interesting.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 01-27-2012, 01:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #141  
I would. I would be happy to share my mindless pieces I've so far written on my novels and let you decide from their whether it be worth exchanging. Believe me, I'm more in it for the something to do than I am to actually improve upon your writing. I'm growing quite fond of your writing style, I'm more genuinely interested in reading them, maybe helping you with direction, than in criticizing your work. But if you feel as though your not at a stage to share, perhaps you could just read mine?

Old Posted 01-27-2012, 01:48 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzerain of Sheol View Post
I've never had any luck with Duotrope, I fear. The magazines they suggest always seem so... odd. I really wonder if most of them even get read.
Duotrope is a listing and shows any magazine that wants to list itself, so yeah, lots of research and follow-up reading needed.
Old Posted 01-27-2012, 01:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #143  
Well, I have stuff I can share, I'm just not entirely happy with it. I don't want to put it up on the forums, either, for the above reasons, so email would be better, especially with formatting.

But, I'll have to just tell you about the trilogy since no work has been done for it. Besides one tiny, minor little scene that likely won't even make it in. But I can put *that* here right now, I suppose.

between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 01-27-2012, 01:56 AM Reply With Quote  
I spoke the dialogue aloud because I was excited about it. It sounds very very epic up until the "We are not alone, and we are not to know fright!".
The rest of this is sufficiently powerful in spoken dialogue. That is the only line that felt odd. I would suggest a different word from fright. Other than that, this rather got my blood pumping.

Old Posted 01-27-2012, 02:07 AM Reply With Quote