Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Pixelist
Default   #1953  
what kind of, like. sanitary stuff for your periods are you using?

ik that some of the chemicals in pad dyes and shit can cause... symptoms, for lack of a better term.

also, would it kill people to not use slurs that have been used against people that experience psychosis for FIVE FUCKING MINUTES?!
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 07-26-2020, 03:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
I, too, have started my period recently. >:(

As far as products go, I used to exclusively use cloth pads.
I stopped using disposable pads and disposable period products altogether when I was 16. At that time, there was only a few sites that sold cloth pads. Such as, "Party in my Pants" and "Lunapads". And they were pretty expensive for a girl who didn't have her own money at that time. So I started sewing my own cloth pads and that's what I've used for years.

In 2015, I bought a DivaCup from my local co-op and I kinda used it for a while, but the learning curve was hard to get used to. At that time, I did a lot of swimming, so that was why I tried the DivaCup. I liked it much much better than tampons. The last time I tried a tampon, I ended up fainting because of how nervous I was about TSS, and also I usually am prone to fainting at the sight of blood...

ANYWAY.

I recently bought OrganiCup, I have two because they have a BOGO deal going on right now!
They're much much easier to pop in than the DivaCup, but they are smaller too, so they leak a bit more. :(
I no longer use cloth pads at all. I'm a cup girl through and through. Because I'm usually really lazy and I tend to forget when I have pads on, and my flow is really heavy, so I tend to leak through my cloth pads if I don't change them often enough. I used to wear cloth pads to bed and wear my DivaCup during the day,

But now it's much easier to use both OrganiCup and DivaCup. So I put in a cup right before I go to sleep, when I wake up, take it out, dump it out, then put another clean cup in for the rest of the day while my other cup is washed. It's much more convenient because I don't have to sleep with a towel in fear of my sheets getting bloodied, and I don't have to deal with that embarrassing "I'm-on-my-period", "fishy" smell because the cup prevents the blood from coming in contact with the air. I used to have a really bad 'smell' during my period , (but from what I hear from other vagina-owners, they all say that we are the only one who can smell that smell, and that it's much more prominent for us than the people around us!)

So yeah. That's what I use.

Daily Awful;
This is kinda more like weekly awful, but whatever!
So, I happened to be browsing through the reviews for our apartment building, come to find out that there have been at least three other people who live here who have been harassed and have had violent tenants act aggressively towards them. Which means that this problem we are having with this stalker dude is not anything new! Apparently this is what happens here. A couple of the reviews also mentioned that this apartment is "not safe" and the management doesn't care about the tenants safety.

Our neighbor and her roommate got locked out of their apartment two days ago and my mom was explaining to her about how this big guy threatened me and disrespected my space and that the manager had to physically get in front of him to prevent him from charging at me... And our neighbor said that she had almost the same, exact experience here! And she went to the police about it, and the person who threatened her was evicted 3-4 months later!

I want to see justice for this asshole who threatened me and it making me feel unsafe on my own home. It's to the point now where I don't feel safe walking around this building by myself. I am purchasing some pepper spray to carry around, if ever I need to go by myself to the mailbox or to the laundry room.

But now that I know that this is a common issue here in this building.. .I'm feel much less gung-ho about this man getting punished for what he did. I least now I know it's not just a problem with ME, it's a problem for ALL of us women here in this complex! At first I was very like, "I'm going to make sure this asshole doesn't get away with this! This is so disgusting that the manager here doesn't give a shit about my safety!" But now that I know this isn't just a "me" issue, all I really want to do now is live and let live, move out of this terrible apartment and live somewhere safer, somewhere nicer.

I know what goes around, comes around. This bastard will get his karma in due time... and honestly, I don't care anymore whether I am there to see it or not.
Still, my mom and I have composed a formal letter to tell the manager's boss about what's going on here. The safety concerns and the fact that the rules are not enforced, and if anything, those who try to enforce the rules are the ones punished! If this lady doesn't reply, we will have no choice but to involve police.
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 07-27-2020, 04:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #1955  
You're probably already aware, but if you're ever on the lookout for another cup...there's a couple of sites like https://putacupinit.com/quiz/ that have a form you can fill out to help pick out one that fits your needs. And they have comparison charts.

Hope something can be done. Can't imagine feeling so unsafe in your own home.
Old Posted 07-27-2020, 05:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
ah.

i've been meaning to look into cloth pads tbh, i get horrible itchiness around... specific areas that i'm not going to goddamn mention, esp when the periods are nearing the end.

Old Posted 07-28-2020, 09:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #1957  
I'm so tired...
The depression train is early today.
<.< Stupid dreams reminding me to be sad about being ignored all the time and having next to no interests in common with anyone...ugh.
;n; I'm even useless in my dreams. I feel so used and fooled and patronized. Sucks that I had to wake up like this..

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 07-28-2020, 12:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Had to cancel plans to take Derpy to a ghost town tomorrow because my friend put himself at risk of potentially getting covid so I had to be a responsible adult and say until tests come back and are negative, no hanging out.
Old Posted 07-30-2020, 10:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #1959  
> posts some art up, go to bed
> wake up to no comments on my fucking artwork
> someone else posts, they get comments
> I Am This Close To Fucking Losing It
> it happens again when i post up a silly reaction image of my kintype
> Jesus Fucking Christ Would It Kill People To Learn Basic Discord Artist Etiquette
> RSD gets flipped
> I Am This Close To Going Fucking Unhinged

Old Posted 07-30-2020, 12:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
> server no longer appears on my list in discord
> ????
> have to get info from two separate friends on me being kicked
> was kicked for 'umprompted rudeness and drug abuse jokes'
> literally both of these could have been resolved with a warning
> i can't always tell if i'm coming off as rude.
> very literally not going to be trusting anyone in the don't starve community ever again.

bonus points: second time it's happened with little to no warning, it was two days before my birthday and i was going to be going to a party.

i'm also now wildly paranoid that as soon as i get too annoying to be around or my usefulness runs out, i'll be booted from any community i join.

even the undertale community was better, and i got blacklisted by a fucking exclusionist in there!

Old Posted 08-02-2020, 10:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #1961  
;U;
I didn't know working 4 hours almost every day would make me so rage-fueled, and my back/shoulders sore, and my soul exhausted.
Also awful:
My school has been ping-ponging me back and forth and jerking me around all year, when all I want to do is register for the fall, and I can't flippin' do it because I owe money which I couldn't pay, which I still can't, and now I have to register late again! ;M;

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 08-04-2020, 11:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
If you don't actually have any clue about the fabric you're looking for, try to do some research or bring in a swatch of something similar! Because I don't know how to help you if you're looking for "something lightweight for a dress. No, not cotton. Don't you have something lightweight with a little stretch?"
Yes. We have an entire 1/4 of the back half of the fabric area which is entirely made up of apparel fabrics. Not everything is always organized by exact type, but rather, by brand so you'll probably have to do a lot of hunting and feeling of the fabrics to determine which one is right. And no. I don't have the time to help you track down the exact right one because I have a line of 5 customers and no one else to help.

Sorry, just had to get that rant out. XP
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 08-05-2020 at 09:46 PM.
Old Posted 08-05-2020, 08:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1963  
Frick. Period has arrived, but of course I didn't anticipate it and so I am without any products until I get out from work to go grab some between jobs. Huzzah for bleeding into my pants until I can get to a store (so like almost 2 hours). XP
Old Posted 08-07-2020, 01:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
> joins a server for MC/Roblox things
> i shit you not, there's someone named beet*rd
> there's also 13-14 y/os making sex jokes
> this is uncomfortable bc i'm pretty much the only 18 y/o in the server until i end up leaving

Old Posted 08-08-2020, 10:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #1965  
> try to sign up on the dole office / jobseekers
> i can't find my bank card
> HMRC requires the bank card
> find my bank card when mum goes through my crap approximately a day later
> what the fuck

Old Posted 08-09-2020, 10:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Welp.
Serves me right for eating creamy, rich, buttery fettuccini alfredo when I should know better by now that I can't f*cking digest it...
e___=|||
Oh, yeah, that and 13+ ounces of Vodka was probably not the best idea either.
My previous hangovers only ever consisted of a headache or eye-ache and fatigue.
Man this was worse... >~>; much worse..

Old Posted 08-09-2020, 06:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1967  
I hate how men's clothing sizes are generally fairly universal from brand to brand, but women's clothing sizes fluctuate wildly.

Most recent experience: I needed new jeans for work (because walking all the time means the inner thighs wear out pretty fast), so decided to get them online. Now, I decided to get one pair in my normal brand and one pair in a newer brand because the new one was a few dollars cheaper. So, in my normal brand, I comfortably wear a size 10, but can squeeze into and 8 if I need to, so I just got 10 for both. Welll...the new pair has got to be closer to a size 6 or smaller because I can't even get them all the way up my thighs. So that ended up a waste of money.

Would it really be so damn hard for the clothing companies to standardize pants sizes like they do for mens? I'm sure there are some that are different, but most men's pants that I've seen are usually sized as waist and inseam measurements instead of an arbitrary number. XP
Old Posted 08-09-2020, 11:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
> misses an important phone call
> has to take a phone call regarding my identity
> for fuck's sake
> SOME OF US ARE FUCKING SLEEPING AT TEN AM

Old Posted 08-10-2020, 09:38 AM Reply With Quote