Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Icy Footed
Arrow Playing old games...   #1  
I have a wii and all I like to really play on it is the Wii Resort and Mario Party 8, but our nun chucks connectors are broken so I can only play the remote only minigames? <x)
Also, I sometimes go way way back to the Game Boy Color to play Pokémon Red, and to the Nintendo 64 to play Diddy Kong racing. (which coincidentally was my very first video game.)

Anyone ever get an itch to actually go back to play games from like, 2009 or something earlier sometimes? Even flippin' Pokemon X and Y feels old now. >.<
And I just realized all of those were Nintendo...>->

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 12-16-2018, 07:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Lol. So...I haven't really had the money to buy video game systems at all in my life. So when I do play games, they're always old. XD
My fave go-to ones are Rune Factory 3 (Nintendo DS) or Shrek 2 and Fable (xBox)
And somewhere in my mess, I do have a gameboy color and Pokemon Red and Blue that I will play sometimes.
Old Posted 12-16-2018, 07:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #3  
...-glances sideways at Planescape: Torment and Baldur's Gate-
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-16-2018, 07:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Gosh. The original Xbox feels like it happened 60 years ago, but I never owned one. :/ I did remember playing on my cousin's though, and we had wrestling games, and a Jedi Academy game on it or something. Ohhhh, I totally forgot about PC games too! x]
PC games in the 90s were like all I ever had as a child. x') I remember my dad playing the PC version of The Phantom Menace when it came out 15 million years ago...*sigh* weird times...

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 12-17-2018, 12:18 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #5  
The old game I always tend to go back to is Mega Man 2. Truthfully I like 5 better (charged buster, slide, jet armor) but I never owned 5 so 2 is the one I know best -- and 2 has the best music.

Tetris almost counts, except I play newer versions because they're just simply better than the old ones.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-17-2018, 01:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I only got my Xbox like...5-ish years ago. Because it was probably around $150 cheaper than the latest Xbox system at the time. Neither my parents nor I could afford video game systems when it was new, no matter how badly I wanted one. And now, I still can't afford them. And playing games by myself gets kind of...boring I guess? Like, they're alright, but being able to play and joke around with friends would make them better.

Ah PC games. My mom kind of ruled the PC, so we seldom got to use it unless it was legitimately for school. So we didn't have many games. Just Oregon Trail 3, Jewel Quest, and the demo games that we got from cereal boxes (Clue, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, those type) back in the day. And some obscure games on floppy disk.
Old Posted 12-17-2018, 01:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #7  
Legend of Mana, Breath of Fire games, Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth, and the King's Quest games are my continual life replays.

Old Posted 12-17-2018, 01:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Writer
For some reason or other, more than half of everything I play is old.

Online I play Guild Wars - mind you, the original from 2005. I did actually try Guild Wars 2, but even though I liked being able to play as Charr or Norn, the whole game itself never could convince me. Feels like one of these casual five minutes lunchbreak games. Its precedessor is a lot more interesting.

Offline, a huge fan of the Sims. But again, Sims 4 never truly caught my interest. After all the ingame customization options of Sims 3, or the detailed animations of Sims 2 (actually board a car instead of beaming inside, anyone?) the most recent game seems to lack in every area.

As far as consoles go, I own a Wii and PS3. Since they both work perfectly fine, I don't really get an urge to upgrade to PS4 or WiiU.

And for anyone who believes "old" starts twenty years ago, I also enjoy to spend my time in multi user dungeons. Who said a game needs graphics to get someone hooked? ^^
Old Posted 12-17-2018, 04:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #9  
Oooooh, a fellow MUDder! Which one(s) did you play? I got my start on FieryMUD, but spent a lot more time overall in Dragon's Star, and only ever hit level cap on CyberASSAULT (and that only because level cap there is 30 instead of 100).

I was briefly a builder for Seath's ROM (the fact that its name was "Seath's ROM" should indicate that it never took off) and I applied to be a builder on Dragon's Star but didn't make the cut because a more experienced candidate got the role. I also built my own MUD engine, although it ended up getting retrofitted into a tabletop RPG service that my friends used for YEARS.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-17-2018, 11:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
!!! Are we doing MUD recommendations now? Aaaaah where's Lawtan when you need them.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-17-2018, 03:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #11  
Yes we're definitely doing MUD recommendations!

(Although I fear I don't know much to recommend... my favorite one is UNItopia, but you'd have to understand German for that)
Old Posted 12-17-2018, 04:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
.U.; Ohhhman..MUDs are way beyond my time haha! *has nothing to contribute*

Old Posted 12-17-2018, 11:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #13  
I have, on more than one occasion, been tempted to make a Trisphee MUD.

The main reason I haven't is because it would be basically completely disjoint from the rest of the site.

Old Posted 12-18-2018, 09:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
.U.; Ohhhman..MUDs are way beyond my time haha! *has nothing to contribute*
I mean, they're also more or less from before I was on the internet, but they haven't quite lost their charm.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-18-2018, 11:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #15  
Personally I think a Trisphee MUD would be great fun, but from my experience with dragging friends into my favorite few I suppose the number of actual players is going to be less than five.
Old Posted 12-20-2018, 05:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
what's MUD stand for again? i'm probably being a bit of an idiot here.
Old Posted 12-20-2018, 01:13 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
i miss [insert game here], old video games, wholesome classics maybe