Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Icy Footed
Question Memories...   #1  
Hey, I've been thinking lately, to clear out my garage of stuff I don't need, I want to document some stuff that has sentimental value and memories attached to it. :o I wanna know,
1. Has anyone ever had this idea before or tried it?
2. Would anyone like to read about my personal stuff?
and 3. Would anyone care to do the same or nah?

:{ I mean, I got a lot of junk and some of it really needs to be trashed/recycled or just given away..but I'm having such a hard time trying to let them go, because I want to keep them so I can maybe/maybe not use them, and because >->; I just don't wanna be someone who keeps everything I have all the time..even if I have something better or more useful. But I won't always remember the stories my stuff holds. /:} I think I'd feel better letting stuff go and clear up the clutter if I documented them. Y'know?
Take a couple pictures of it,
upload them,
and write it's story...
I dunno!
Think it's a good idea? <:/

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 07-05-2019, 07:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
It's a great idea, and you wouldn't be the only one. It's part of the reason scrapbooking took off as a popular craft in the last few years -- it's so easy to take pictures of things and then put them away and rarely look at them, but taking the time to compile a presentation of them is a way to preserve that memory in a way that goes beyond just photographs. If it's nostalgia that makes you hold on to them, then a scrapbook (or even just individual pages) may be exactly the right idea.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-06-2019, 01:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #3  
I can't scrapbook, :/ though my mother's friend was a MASTER at it. o-o She had a gift. Truly.
I think I keep them on the computer. :] and print them out maybe. It's a good idea ya? Would anyone wanna read 'em? :o And could I post it in the Art and Writing forum?

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 07-09-2019, 08:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Digital scrapbooks can totally be a thing.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-09-2019, 08:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #5  
<x} If only I hadn't quit graphic design hehehe, I could totally make it look awesome! ahh well, perhaps later I'll take up making it a more fancy and pretty looking project. :] I just wanna get rid of a lot of my stuff.

Old Posted 07-09-2019, 09:07 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
idea, junk, memories, writing stuff?