Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Pixelist
Default Infodumping   #1  
infodump abt your latest obsession or hyperfixation or some neat shit here i guess

(insert yelling abt either DST or Warframe here.)
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 09-28-2019, 02:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
People generally underestimate the importance of the ancient roman aqueducts and they always think of the tall structures w arches; in reality, most of the roman aqueduct system actually ran underground

modern scientists argue about how much the romans actually knew about fluid dynamics and physics, but the main point is that the aqueducts brought clean, running water to the cities in the form of agricultural uses, civic uses, and even residential uses

PUBLIC BATHS. FOUNTAINS. IRRIGATION.

all the aqueducts were built at a very, very slight gradient, just enough to keep the water from being stagnant, while also providing enough pressure downstream/ down-channel

along the aqueducts, there were systems for filtering the water and making it potable. these systems (and the workers it needed) were funded by the general public, and also important civil figures. (a lot of people felt it was their civic duty to keep the aqueducts well-maintained, and gladly chipped in and paid out of pocket.)

i forgot which emperor it is, who donated a huge amount of his own personal funds to the water management system, and all later emperors followed his precedent

CIVIC DUTY, YO

On farms and agricultural plots, there was a system in place where each household could siphon off x amount of water. this was to ensure fair distribution of water, and that people downstream would have the same amount.

without the aqueduct system, rome would never have been able to expand as much as it did, bc that entire area had pretty severe water shortages during the summer. the aqueducts helped make sure that farmland and the like could still be productive during the hot seasons, and that resources could be produced year-round. this allowed for massive population growth.

obviously the aqueduct system first started out in rome, since it was the... most important city... but later on it spread to the other big cities, and even to smaller towns.

on the industrial front, the running water was used in hydraulic mining, which was another factor in the rapid expansion of and advancements in the roman empire
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 09-28-2019, 03:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #3  
Out of the 156 broadcasted episodes of Rod Serling's the Twilight Zone, he wrote 94 of them. Other authors included the very famous horror and sci-fi author, Richard Matheson, and Charles Beaumont, a pulp fiction horror writer, who incidentally died a most curious death, befitting of that of horror or sci-fi fiction. Beaumont died of a very rare and mysterious illness, unknown to this day, which seemed to age his body at an accelerated rate, making him appear inside and out like a 90 year old man, and functioning very much like an elderly man until his body ceased to work...and yet, he died at 38.

Yet another fascinating Twilight Zone fact,
Actors William Shatner, Leonard Nemoy, James Doohan, and George Takei, all legendary names in the original Star Trek Series, all starred in episodes of the Twilight Zone.
William Shatner, Captain Kirk, is in two; Nick of Time, and the very famous Nightmare at 20,000 Feet, as both main characters.
Leonard Nemoy, Mr. Spock, was in A Quality of Mercy, as a platoon soldier.
George Takei, Mr. Sulu, is in the episode The Encounter, where he is half of the main focus of the whole episode.
and James Doohan, Mr. Scotty, was briefly in the mostly unheard of season 4 episode Valley of the Shadow, playing a father to a little girl who makes the main character's dog disappear.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 09-29-2019, 12:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
very interesting.

warframe is getting some new shit, including a new quest, vauban being reworked (oh god, i have not got the blueprint for the entire warframe) and... uhhhhhhh probably another damage rework and reworks to the magnetic damage type.

Old Posted 09-29-2019, 09:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #5  
Well...

I guess I'll just talk about random stuff on my mind, yeah? :)

I'm watching The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance and it's really cool!
I'm a huge fan of Nathalie Emmanuel and Gugu Mbatha- Raw! AND Helena Bonham Carter!
Funny enough, I didn't know any of them were in this show until I started watching it and I noticed their names in the credits! It's so cool!

I was very surprised by Seladon (who I hated at first) being voiced by Gugu Mbatha-Raw! I love Gugu very much. Every movie I've seen with her in it, it's been amazing! So I was really taken back by her voicing my absolute least favorite character. Nathalie Emmanuel is GREAT as Deet, though!

ALSO! Deep has two gay fathers! ;U; So happy! I absolutely loved that Deet has two fathers, but they mention it in the film very organically. Like, it's no big deal, you know? I HATE it when films and TV shows use gay characters as "token" characters, you know? Like they make it really extra to tell you, "this character is gay" and that's literally all they are. You know what I mean? Like, they don't give the characters a life, they don't give them a point of view. They just go like, 'look at how gay this character is! see?! we're inclusive!!!!'. They do that to black characters and ethnic and religious minorities on TV too and I hate it. My skin color shouldn't define me and a character's orientation shouldn't define them either...

I loved that Deet's family is realistic, they don't make it a big deal that Deet has two fathers. THIS is the kind of representation I like to see in film and television.
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 09-29-2019, 06:19 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
i haven't been able to listen to music normal ways for a while now. all i can stand is having rad fokkin animatics going because they're rad and my favorite kind of fan creation ever.

though, i can't stand fan songs that are too blatant, or animatics that don't either do the full song or cut/fade it off in a nice, organic point in the music.

it's hard finding people that will really appreciate the ones i like with me, i've found, because it requires knowing the characters, or liking the song, or enjoying the art style, or being in the right headspace, and it's like. sometimes i just. want someone to watch a thing and feel what i feel about it, eventho they can't read my mind to know what that is lol.

anyway here are some of my favorites and why
Good Omens
Slow Dance
the dance itself at 056. the expression shift at 111. the feeling at 128.
Executioner
expression shift in 032. 203. limited use of color at 333.
They're Only Human
everything tbh, this one is particularly beautiful. the transitions are notable and numerous.
The Adventure Zone
Reaper Man
the designs in this one are very nice. close cuts at 130.
Let's Face It I'm Cute
overall fun and energetic and nice and very in character
OCs
Hellfire
cute... gorls... 043 pretty eye shine, 048 SMIRK. use of color is nice. small expressions are nice. also 231-238 in general
Church
probably my favorite animatic overall. the timing is on point, the characters and story are nice, the use of light and dark is lovely. 050 is my aesthetic. teeth 251

Old Posted 09-30-2019, 01:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava View Post
Well...

I guess I'll just talk about random stuff on my mind, yeah? :)

I'm watching The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance and it's really cool!
I'm a huge fan of Nathalie Emmanuel and Gugu Mbatha- Raw! AND Helena Bonham Carter!
Funny enough, I didn't know any of them were in this show until I started watching it and I noticed their names in the credits! It's so cool!

I was very surprised by Seladon (who I hated at first) being voiced by Gugu Mbatha-Raw! I love Gugu very much. Every movie I've seen with her in it, it's been amazing! So I was really taken back by her voicing my absolute least favorite character. Nathalie Emmanuel is GREAT as Deet, though!

ALSO! Deep has two gay fathers! ;U; So happy! I absolutely loved that Deet has two fathers, but they mention it in the film very organically. Like, it's no big deal, you know? I HATE it when films and TV shows use gay characters as "token" characters, you know? Like they make it really extra to tell you, "this character is gay" and that's literally all they are. You know what I mean? Like, they don't give the characters a life, they don't give them a point of view. They just go like, 'look at how gay this character is! see?! we're inclusive!!!!'. They do that to black characters and ethnic and religious minorities on TV too and I hate it. My skin color shouldn't define me and a character's orientation shouldn't define them either...

I loved that Deet's family is realistic, they don't make it a big deal that Deet has two fathers. THIS is the kind of representation I like to see in film and television.
oh, i've watched part of the first episode and the original film :0c

very nice and sexy of them to include casual representation.

Old Posted 09-30-2019, 12:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Oops, I'm writing my final paper (and working on my online final) for the history class and I am once again fixated on Roman technology. Might infodump later.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-11-2019, 01:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #9  
please do, i'd like to hear it.

Old Posted 10-11-2019, 12:45 PM Reply With Quote