Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Wanderer
Default   #97  
I’d probably keel over and die if I suddenly became lactose intolerant.

...guess I’m pretty lucky for an asian kid, to not have that problem.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 04-16-2019, 09:31 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
i'm an asian kid, indian to be specifc, and i can... digest some forms of diary but not others like, i can't have regular milk so i have vegan alternatives. and i can't have regular cheese. but i can have feta and cottage cheese. i can have curds and yoghurts. a while back i couldn't have ice cream but now, suddenly, it agrees to stay in my stomach.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 04-17-2019, 09:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Jellosexual
Default   #99  
high five for asian lactose intolerance
Old Posted 04-17-2019, 11:13 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdom View Post
high five for asian lactose intolerance
YAS

this summer i'm gonna dive headfirst into vegan cooking.
only problem is most recipes use very western ingredients so finding recipes all with ingredients i can easily find, is a task.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 04-18-2019, 01:58 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #101  
;u; Dairy pretty much kills me..hehe
Can't have butter, can't have cream, and whole milk would destroy me. Ice cream is okay in small portions, and so is cheese, but I have to have special lactose milk, or risk my digestive system bloating me like a blueberry, 'er, balloon. ^~^;
I'm not Asian, I think, but high five anywayyy? eu^;

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 04-18-2019, 02:52 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
i feel like lactose intolerance is v common in the US, if that's where you're from?

like i've known people who lived short-term in the US for a few years n came back lactose intolerant. after being tolerant their whole adult life up till that point. n i've heard the milk stays for a long time whereas here it stays for a few days max. lactose intolerance is a lot less common here.

but i think it's also that we weren't sposed to keep drinking milk after being weaned off mother's milk, in the first place.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Old Posted 04-18-2019, 08:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #103  
^-^ My dad says that, hehe. We're adult mammals so we don't need milk to grow anymore. And that everyone not lactose are the odd ones. He's lactose too. <x}
I am from the US. :] California to be exact. >.> Where the summers are no longer nice, and instead a 7 month hell on earth like Arizona...but we had quite a surprising winter this year. :D Lots of rain and cloudy days. Perfect for tea and movies. -w- Wish it could stick around for longer..

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 04-19-2019, 12:50 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
i have an online friend from Florida n she said smth similar. like the weather changes within a day n it's not pleasant, more extremes? n it's crazy cos when my dad studied in Florida it was great weather, had a rep like Cali's. n now Cali's weather is kind of off too. global warming geez.

yeah we didn't actually /evolve/ to digest milk beyond a certain age, but we've kind of /adapted/ to doing it in a non-genetic way. which goes against our bodies' natural constitutions.

speaking of which, i'm gonna buy a nut milk bag to strain vegan milks through. nut milks are expensive, even to make for myself, but i'm planning to make oat milk n coconut milk when i go home! i'm excited.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Old Posted 04-19-2019, 01:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #105  
o.o Ohh yaa, the weather here was a lot different 20 years ago! It was nice and I actually enjoyed the summer time. :3 Mostly because I had a pool, but, they weren't unbearable. >:/ Now we're having record heat increasing each year, and last year we had around 5,000 wildfires in total. 0n0 I mean, Cali is known for it's sunshine, but our golden state is turning into a charred one. <x/ Yehhhh things have really changed since then. Global Warming the obvious causation.
I'm just glad we moved out of our poorer area where we had limited air conditioning and little sun protection. :[ Plus summer brings bugs and bugs are terrible! >x{

Ooo. :] Never had oat milk before, but I've had coconut milk. <x} I didn't care for it tho.
I had a friend who was lactose and she loved to drink soy and almond milk as a substitute. :} I never liked either tho, >u>; I stuck with 2% for the longest time..then switched to lactose free zero fat milk. :c My mom thinks it tastes really watered down and nasty but it tastes fine to me. ^-^ and it doesn't kill my stomach. But I haven't been drinking a lot of it lately. :/ I gave up breakfast cereal kind of for the year, since I ate it like every single day..

Old Posted 04-19-2019, 02:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
I will legit chug a liter of coconut water if you let me.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 04-19-2019, 06:59 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #107  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
I will legit chug a liter of coconut water if you let me.
omg me too! coconut water is soo refreshing n wholesome! so one time i had rlly bad diarrhea cos of IBS n i had nothing but coconut water for three days til it settled down. n i didn't feel starved or weak! twas amazing.

i don't mind coconut milk, just that it's v rich so i have it in moderation! i'm making both oat n coconut milks for making overnight oats!
until i find a cereal i like that i can make myself, cereals are a no for me too. i've seen homemade cornflakes recipes n the results def beat store bought but they're gonna be difficult for me to make in terms of kitchen equipment required.

soy milk is ok but difficult to make, for me at least. n almond milk is hella expensive :o
it's good you've found smth that works for you!

and godddddd that's terrible! that's way worse than i imagined! my 'developing' country is much better off even tho we're getting untimely rains n typhoons n whatnot. i can't believe there's people questioning whether global warming is real even among all of this. idiots.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Old Posted 04-19-2019, 12:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
:c Yehh. Irregular seasons are signs too, like too much rain in places that are supposed to be in deserts and harsh sun and dryness during the fall. The heat combined with the summer winds here are what cause most of the wildfires. Some start by accident and others are arson. But a lot of people lost their homes in the hills. :c There were bad hurricanes/ blizzards too that I heard happened on the east coast. x{ Our stupid president of course just thinks that's just what weather does and blames California for not sweeping dry leaves and brush to stop fire. <x'D Idiot hasn't lived here without AC and electricity before so he has no idea what heat even is! We owe a lot to our local firefighters and national park rangers for their tireless work, :c so I'm always pissed when they issue evacuation orders to residents who refuse to leave their homes until it's too late and the trees are burning down in their front lawns. /:[ I just hope this summer isn't record breaking again, and/or worse. <:c Especially since I moved more east and on a hill.
Might have to spend my summer someplace cooler.

<x{ I can't down even a shotglass of coconut milk, but I know it really helps with heart health. :] Great for you guys!

Old Posted 04-19-2019, 02:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #109  
Soy milk makes me feel a bit pukey. As does warm or hot regular milk. Kind of a long story.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 04-19-2019, 05:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
8( I can't drink milk warm either. e~e it's just not relaxing for me. It's...eucgh. That's the only word I can use to describe it. xD

Old Posted 04-19-2019, 07:04 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #111  
yup i prefer cold milks too, and cold drinks in general. in my case it's cos i have this kind of allergic reaction to any hot drinks. even if it's not that hot, my tongue gets a rash as tho it's been burned. i was supposed to take homeopathy for a while to change this, cos it's pretty annoying when i have a cold or have menstrual cramps and wanna drink clear, hot teas and soups to feel better. but i had to leave it off when i came to college. i think i'll take the treatment back up when i return home.

regular hot milk make me pukey too. it's like it becomes a lot heavier on the stomach when it's heated. plus it smells. eurgh.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Old Posted 04-26-2019, 12:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
I've gotten used to teas, but I used to really hate drinking anything hot. ^u^; I was the only kid at Christmas who didn't want a hot chocolate. hehe.
Although, when I first started drinking teas I drank them too hot and would burn my tongue until it was all puffy and numb. :/ But I learned how to drink stuff hot...eeevennually. >~>;

I hope you're not sick too daikokunyo. ;-; Is it just me, or is something going around? <n< Like a late flu-season?

Old Posted 04-26-2019, 02:05 AM Reply With Quote