Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Pixelist
Default   #3409  
date for the phone call to try and confirm my identity with the documents has been moved over to monday.

sighs. i'm guessing they want to get it done quicker, which will be a lot less stress on both me and the workers. i don't like phone calls much.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 08-14-2020, 12:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
I've never worked this hard in my LIFE! @~☆; Thank goodness for caffeine and breaks!

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 08-16-2020, 08:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #3411  
argh! this lady was making bouquets and stuff for a wedding (i think she said it was her daughter's wedding) as i found out later from one of my co-workers (who was my younger daughter in this case!) she'd said that she was laying out all the flowers on the "back counter" (the framing counter) to see how they all looked, but left the ones back there she didn't want... hey, at least she'd told someone they were there, right?

so she comes up to my register and i ring everything in - it's like $120 or something - and she stands there, shakes her head, and says "this is a bad idea." i tell her no, it's not, she can return things if she ends up not using them. she repeats it's a bad idea, they says "i'm sorry" and then leaves! i have to void out the transaction. really? you take all that time for me to ring you up, and then you decide nah? and it's 10 minutes until closing too!! gah!

currently reading: Wind by Erin Hunter (#23) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 08-16-2020, 09:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I hate when people do stuff like that!

We used to get one woman in every few months to return over $100 of floral stuff every few months. Like she would come in, buy a cart full of flowers, then return all of them a couple months later.
We suspect she was decorating with them, but leaving the tags on so she could bring them back.
But she would always come in like 10 minutes before we closed so we were always late closing up because that much floral can take forever to return because our machines are slow and we couldn't just hit "select all" in case there was other stuff on the receipt that she wasn't returning or she had kept some stuff.
Old Posted 08-17-2020, 12:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #3413  
oh yes, floral returns are totally a pain in the you-know-where.

currently reading: Wind by Erin Hunter (#23) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 08-17-2020, 12:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I have made an important discovery today.

The drink cooler at work keeps the water at the perfect temperature so that if I smack the bottom of the water bottle against the heel of my palm, it'll form ice crystals in the water (but not go full slushie). Refreshing!
Old Posted 08-17-2020, 05:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #3415  
worrying about the future.

and a friend.

not sure what to do.

Old Posted 08-18-2020, 09:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Wooo! Playing with resin! Well....experimenting actually.
Old Posted 08-18-2020, 05:04 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #3417  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Recently discovered that Disney has altered a few words/lines in the Pocahontas song, Savages when I picked it up on dvd.
While I understand their reasoning for doing so (the lyrics changed were fairly minor changes like changing "kill" to "get" stuff like that to make it seem less bad/negative and minor changes to the terms used to describe the natives, even though it's literally a scene where the Native Americans and white settlers are arming up to go kill each other), I found it incredibly jarring to be singing along to a song and suddenly the lyrics I grew up singing were different.
It was kind of like the first time I watched Beauty and the Beast on dvd and discovered that they'd added that awful previously cut song Human Again into it. And they didn't even offer a version without the song. Blech!
On Disney+ they altered a scene in Lilo & Stitch when Lilo originally hides in the dryer, but now they changed it to a crate with a pizza box instead, so that kids don't get ideas of hiding in dryers as it could be potentially dangerous?
It's not that big of a deal, honestly. The scene only lasts like 10 seconds lmao.

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 08-20-2020, 02:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
I don't have Disney+ yet,
I own pretty much all the classics on DVD or blu-ray by now. I'm not sure if it's worth spending money each month only to see one or two new movies or remakes. :/

Everyone says Hamilton is good.
But I'm on a limited income, so I can't spend loads of money for a monthly subscription just to watch ONE movie. :/

Do you guys think it's worth it?
I am definitely going to get it when the new Loki show comes out. Or even the animated What If? show.
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 08-20-2020, 09:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #3419  
there's specific sites that have disney movies on them.

ngl, the streaming industry is getting rammed into the ground because all the big monopolies want their own platforms for extra money and profit.

by the way, if you're visiting those sites, make sure to have an adblocker and a VPN, as well as a half decent antivirus. ESET's free version should be good enough, and Malwarebytes is tolerable.

Old Posted 08-21-2020, 09:04 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
If you like some of the old Disney shows, I think it's worth it. A lot of them are on there already.

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 08-22-2020, 08:50 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3421  
If I hadn't run out of swatch sticks again, I probably would have finished my nail polish swatches today. XP
Old Posted 08-23-2020, 02:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
I'm done with today. /T_T\
So tired.
Wanna write.
Wanna play.
Need to do intro homework for tomorrow morning.
Why oh why
did my body
wake me up
at 4 in the morning for??? ;_;
Rip me...

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 08-23-2020, 10:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3423  
did math to see if I could drop/quit 90% of my museum job. The simple answer is not yet.

The complicated answer is: I would theoretically be able to do it once I drop all/most of my credit card debt, but my budget would be very tight (as in my job at Joann would only cover my full rent each month if I were able to work at least 5 more hours per week) unless I picked up another small income source like a highly successful Etsy shop or another very part time job (10 hours per week or so) or teaching loom knitting and/or chainmaille jewelry classes perhaps (which I actually want to do) so at least until I could figure out something else, my budget would be kind of how it was when I first got my job at Joann and wasn't working very much where both jobs paychecks were combined to make rent and groceries consisted primarily of ramen and frozen veggies. But it would almost be possible right now if it wasn't for covid making things complicated and decreasing the hours I get to work the desk.
Old Posted 08-24-2020, 02:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
._. Currently writing a new beginning for my OTP...it's sad. I'm sad. But it sweet. ;_; so sweet. <3 My heart!
It needs work tho. But it's already 28 pages long. TT_TT I need to wrap it up for academic's sake.

Old Posted 08-27-2020, 12:59 AM Reply With Quote