Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Icy Footed
Default   #3233  
I have random Disney movie questions.
>.=

Question(s) 1:

If the Genie from Aladdin hasn't been let out of his lamp for 10,000 years, then the last master he granted 3 wishes to, lived 10,000 years ago...
and he has rules for the wishes, like not bringing people back from the dead, not wishing for more wishes, and not making people fall in love with each other...
so, does that mean he granted those previous wishes in the past before and refuses to grant them to Aladdin via those rules, because they ended up causing big problems and ruining a ton of lives??...
ontop of that, the Genie wants to be free from his wish-granting obligations and from his lamp so, does that mean he was an imprisoned long ago, or was he always a genie??? And if not...
who was he even??
and just how long ago has he actually lived???

and
Question 2:

If Alice was living in England, had a little cat, and the woman in the beginning of the movie was her older sister trying to recite her history lessons, does this mean she comes from an upper-class family, or is she adopted because she has blonde hair and her sister has brown hair?

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 04-23-2020, 06:18 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
i don't know about the Alice in Wonderland disney movie, but the original book by Lewish Carroll was written for the amusement of a child Lewis Carroll was friends with called Alice Liddell. The character Alice was supposed to be based on herself to some extent. her father was the Dean of an Oxford college so it's safe to say that the real Alice, at least, was definitely from an upper-class family of the time. (She had two sisters, Edith and Lorina, and they make brief appearances in Alice in Wonderland too. Lorina is the Lory and Edith is the Eaglet.)
Also Lorina was her older sister, so Alice's older sister in the story may be based on her.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 04-24-2020, 01:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #3235  
Yikes, got some golf ball sized hail.
Old Posted 04-24-2020, 11:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
grumbles about low empathy, then remembers that i'm in vague amounts of pain and i'm on the first energy drink of the day.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 04-25-2020, 10:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #3237  
I have been clinging to Imgur and stealing saving memes and stuff onto my phone. <x} I also saw a video on Imgur with a ghost nun scaring some dude and he threw his waterbottle at them. <x'D Then apologized. It was hilarious.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 04-26-2020, 12:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Frustrated because of incomplete instructions/tutorial on a project I started. XP

Especially when there were videos uploaded AFTER the last incomplete instructions video, but not finishing the instructions I need.
Old Posted 04-27-2020, 12:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #3239  
@ Daiko: Oop! <x/ Forgot to respond to your answer! Interesting. o.o I didn't know that a real girl was the inspiration for Alice, and she had 2 sisters! AND her father was actually an Oxford college dean which means education was stressed for a really understandable reason now! <xD
No wonder she was daydreaming most of the time! I would too if school and studies were my all day everyday life!

Actual shout:
>8[ I made pasta for lunch and I'm proud of myself for makin' it really tasty! It was rainbow rotini with tomato sauce, mini meatballs, spinach, and diced mushroom. >.< So damn tasty! And I rinsed my dishes THOROUGHLY so there's no food stuck on them! Like a good human bean!
>8C
But I'm also crabby about these people that live in this house!
My brother has a bunch of electronic junk and stuff everywhere now, so there's no sitting in the living room OR media room now. >X{ He's leaving bottles and cans everywhere I have to pick up! AND my mum just put her empty bottle of face wash on the PS4. =M<# It didn't spill much out of it, but it left some sticky residue ontop of it, which could have been worse, but STILL! 8C I'm left stressed with these two! <x{ I gotta take a nap or something..

Old Posted 04-27-2020, 04:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Lol. Was cleaning the lgbtq center today and they have a section of shelves with lgbtq dvds and books and then I spotted a few Anne McCaffrey Dragonriders of Pern books on the shelves and my first thought was "oh cool, they have something for the Aces too!"
XD

I'm such a dork.
Old Posted 04-28-2020, 12:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #3241  
If I were a mythical creature, I would want to be something ferocious like a sea dragon, or a hellhound...but let's be honest, <xD I'd most likely turn out to be some sort of goblin.

Old Posted 04-28-2020, 09:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Just saw the Starlink constellation of satellites cross the sky. Counted about 19 of them passing by, despite it not being the clearest view. Pretty cool to see.
Old Posted 04-30-2020, 10:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #3243  
I'm getting such an itch to be social online with the video games I'm playing and the things I'm doing... ;n;
Probably because I hear my brother chatting with his discord buddies every night and playing fun multiplayer stuff with them... >:/
I'm going to need somethin' to do after this school semester is done in a week, so, <:/ somebody...maybe? *crosses fingers* Holler at me? Pls? ;u;

Old Posted 05-02-2020, 01:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Ngl, I kind of love when YouTubers I enjoy watching attempt asmr, but it's just awkward and silly instead of anything serious.
XD
Old Posted 05-02-2020, 02:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #3245  
So... I realized the other day,
I was watching some videos / vlogs by people on Youtube with the same mental "disorder" as me...

While watching youtube, I found this video by this girl, she's sharing tips for grocery shopping with this "illness".

So... I realized...
I have NEVER gone grocery shopping by myself. Not even ONCE.

My therapist was trying to work with me in my home town with grocery shopping, but we had to stop that idea because she was undergoing cancer treatment and I was in the process of moving across the country.

So, I've decided to make that my goal for this year..
I'm going to try going grocery shopping by myself.
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 05-02-2020, 10:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
try making a list of things to get, see what you can get on sale and ask if they've got anything that's about to go out of date. (best before means that food items will lose flavour, but should be good to eat, use by means that you HAVE to use it by then else it won't be edible.)
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 05-03-2020, 01:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #3247  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidbarker View Post
try making a list of things to get, see what you can get on sale and ask if they've got anything that's about to go out of date. (best before means that food items will lose flavour, but should be good to eat, use by means that you HAVE to use it by then else it won't be edible.)
Ah, unfortunately it's not that simple. Those dates have no official meaning beyond "past this date, the manufacturer makes no guarantee about freshness, quality, or safety," regardless of the surrounding descriptive text.

It really depends on the product. Bread products, for example, are generally safe to eat past that date; they're just starting to get stale. Dairy products can be pretty highly suspect, on the other hand. Vegetables are almost always a matter of judging based on appearance and texture, because the expiration date is very frequently far sooner than how long they can actually last, but some kinds of produce will become unappetizing much more quickly than others.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 05-03-2020, 05:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
>:} *raises fist up and in an announcer voice*
I'm gonna make some fukkin' PASTAAAAAAAAAAA!~ >XD

Old Posted 05-03-2020, 07:38 PM Reply With Quote