Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

A*DIC*TED
Default   #3889  
Blergh. Feeling unmotivated today.

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 07-20-2021, 12:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Ugh. I really wanna spend a lot of money on making (er...assembling items for) another Halloween costume this year...
But I know I shouldn't. XP
A lot of the items will totally be re-wearable though.
I dunno I just wanna have a new outfit with easier to walk in boots and tons of dragons...and wings...>.>
And I need a new light for my wizard staff as the light I had for it is totally lost.
Also kinda debating just learning to make a wizard staff as I think the one I have doesn't look the greatest up close...

Tldr; I wanna be cute for Halloween, but don't have the money for everything I want. XD
Old Posted 07-27-2021, 02:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #3891  
I'd like to learn how to make props for Halloween decor that I can put outside. Supplies for those are pretty expensive, too. But I've been wanting to have something more unique that doesn't look too DIY either. But also lacking ideas.
Old Posted 07-27-2021, 10:47 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I don't know what I wanna wear for Halloween yet but hopefully I get to see friends this year x(

Old Posted 07-31-2021, 10:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3893  
Just realized that Halloween falls on a Sunday. So I'll either be working (at the job I don't feel comfortable dressing up at) or staying home so there's no point in dressing up.
...More time to plan for...idk...several years later.

Should come up with a cute costume for Derpy though....
>.>
Old Posted 07-31-2021, 04:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Trying not to panic as I just submitted an application for a job I desperately want.
I tried really hard to not over-think my answers as I always do that and either miss the deadline or just never turn in the app.

Fingers crossed I get it! Or at least that I get an interview!
Old Posted 08-07-2021, 06:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #3895  
Wishing you the best!!! I Hope you get it!!! :D

As far as Halloween goes, I'll probably spend it with my hamster. I want to decorate her cage for Halloween so that it looks festive in my room.
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 08-10-2021, 09:56 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Good luck Kad! :D I always overthink my answers when applying too. ;w;

I do know a few friends wanna get together for Halloween. I think they wanna go to a pumpkin patch so that would be fun. xD Whatever I wear for Halloween I'll have to make sure to have a matching mask. :D

Old Posted 08-11-2021, 02:07 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3897  
Thanks! Still anxiously waiting and checking my email many times a day. (Even though, iirc, the applications are open for a week before they close the applications and then review them so they probably haven't even looked at mine yet).

Ava: Awww....if you do decorate, I want pictures! Little spoopy hamster cage sounds adorable!

Kitty: Ooohhh, pumpkin patch sounds fun! I wish there was more stuff like that around here. If I go out on Halloween my options are bars or....well no, for adults without kids that's basically it. MAYBE a corn maze, but idk for sure on that.

Also....I need to remember to buy a small amount of white fabric after work to make Derpy a little "bedsheet ghost" costume so he can hang out with me Fri night at work (for a ghost hunting rental) 8P
Old Posted 08-11-2021, 02:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post

Also....I need to remember to buy a small amount of white fabric after work to make Derpy a little "bedsheet ghost" costume so he can hang out with me Fri night at work (for a ghost hunting rental) 8P
I swear, if you don't get at least one good picture of Derpy in his costume, I will be SO DISAPPOINT.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 08-11-2021, 07:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3899  
Digging through fabric remnants right now to see if I can get something for cheap.
But to tide you over until then (and because idk if I actually shared it), have Derpy's Halloween costume from last year!
Old Posted 08-11-2021, 08:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
oh very cute!!

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 08-13-2021, 08:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3901  
SPOOPY GHOST!

Event update: I left Derpy behind (whoops!) for the first equipment demonstration which, though I'm still a skeptic, had the most potential to make me believe in ghosts and spirits. Most was iffy, but they did a session with a voice recorder on the attic stair landing in groups of 3-5 and the first couple didn't get much in the way of clear results, but I asked the first question in my group and it had a very loud response (though it didn't sound like anything to me beyond static or loud breathing) and everyone else in my group had similarly loud responses to their question except the person from the ghost hunting group.

Then I brought Derpy along for the next couple of demonstrations (and was complimented on my pendulum holding technique 8D), but there was too much variation between the answers everyone was getting to convince me of anything.
The last session was a sort of spirit box app thingy that they did in the basement. It mostly just sounded like static with parts of potential words and the occasional clear word(s), but this obnoxious kid kept saying "it said (insert word/phrase that sounds nothing like the actual sound)!" before the noises would even stop, which got really annoying and made it hard to hear any actual sounds/words.

Now it's "free roam" time where people can take equipment and go to any open areas in the building to try to communicate with any potential spirits on their own or in small groups.
As a skeptic with no actual friends beyond Derpy here, I've decided to just hang out in the gift shop with my crafts and the internet. Though I forgot to bring a crochet hook, so even my crafts may not keep me entertained for much longer. XP
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 08-14-2021 at 02:48 AM.
Old Posted 08-13-2021, 09:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher

My coffee was being haunted...
Lol

Also now my sleep schedule is out of whack ever so slightly from working overnight and is making me slightly space-case-y at work today.
Old Posted 08-15-2021, 05:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #3903  
i used to be a lot more hopeful.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 08-20-2021, 09:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
I've gone all in with learning how to make some Halloween props and have been gradually gathering supplies and trying to learn techniques. I've got a pretty full idea now, but it probably won't look like much because the larger items like skeletons are too costly. Hoping to find some second hand or for anyone trying to dispose of them nearby. But I at least have a concept and storyline that will hopefully get the idea across once I can put everything together.
Old Posted 08-20-2021, 09:08 PM Reply With Quote