Old Posted 03-16-2019, 01:02 AM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
"Wooper! Save your fwends! They're dwowning!"
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Old Posted 03-16-2019, 01:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #51  
Aw gosh, eheh. ^-^ You are welcome techno buddo! :] I didn't do shading but I tried focusing more on the scree-yee-yee- @.@ *jaw drops at commission monies* @u@ -een. eheh, wellp! You sure were happy with said art! I thank YOU. xwx I did have fun with that one tho. And the references did help! :]

@ Derpy: <x) Poor friends don't feel as comfortable in water as Wooper there. I think he forgot they're not water pokemans. *paty pats Derpy and gives him a mini-donut* :D Do you like donuts Derpy? I heard you like donuts.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 03-16-2019, 01:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
-shrug- Artists tend to undervalue their art. Not as important with virtual currency, but it hurts the art community as a whole when real-life commisions are underpriced. Buyers come to expect low prices, and then the artist’s not even making half of minimum wage on their art.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 03-16-2019, 02:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #53  
:{ Gosh. That really sucks. <:{ I always undervalue my art, <u<; typically. It's why I'm always so surprised that someone wants to actually pay anything for it. :/ I've been told I'm a good writer too, so..I hope to actually sell books one day maybe, irl. I think I've only painted a couple of abstract art pieces in my young adult life that were a part of a school auction. :[ But they wouldn't tell me what they sold for. *shrug* I guess I'll never know. ^~^; even though I probably should have deserved to know.

I'm glad you were so impressed with it tho. -//w/; I don't hear everyone's praises over my loud and constant inner criticisms.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 03-16-2019, 02:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
I...have noticed, that last bit, at least. You’re quick to berate yourself. Used to have the same habit. Still do, for the most part. Funny how your mindset changes once you become unaccustomed to success.

If I did real-life commissions... I know my monochrome pencil/ink headshots are worth ten dollars at the very least, but I’d be embarassed to try to sell them for over $3.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 03-16-2019, 03:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #55  
>.>; I am. Iii won't deny it.
I think it'll be a while before I feel genuine pride in my efforts again...but, I'll get there. Eventually. Hopefully.

I guess there's multiple meanings to "the starving artist" saying huh? <u<; Still, there's something beautiful and powerful in the struggles that're often reflected in mediums of art that really makes it inspiring, don't you think? :]

Old Posted 03-16-2019, 04:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Sure, but a lot of people *expect* us to struggle while we make art, or in order to make art, and that’s a load of horseshit.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 03-16-2019, 04:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #57  
:/ Very true. Sometimes I don't even put in effort into something and it somehow turned out looking good. x] I used to like to channel songs I listened to into an abstract picture. :] Doesn't always have to be suffering that drives art.

Old Posted 03-16-2019, 04:35 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Most of my abstract stuff has been a visualization of the mental state I was in at the moment.

Been half-assing my art lately and it shows.

...oh whar am I talking about, I just plain haven’t been doing art much at all.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 03-16-2019, 04:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #59  
<x} yehheheh, same. I've been too busy being a professional cat.

Old Posted 03-16-2019, 04:57 AM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
"Yay! I wuv donuts!" Derpy munches happily.
Kaderin's mule dragon!

Quote:
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Old Posted 03-16-2019, 08:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #61  
:3 Aww Derpy. You can have the donut with the most sprinkles. ^-^
*gives mini sprinkle donut*

Old Posted 03-16-2019, 12:59 PM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
"YUMMY! Thank you!" Derpy gratefully accepts the sprinkle donut.
Kaderin's mule dragon!

Quote:
Old Posted 03-16-2019, 07:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #63  
Really surprised this art shop made it through to 4 pages already. /:}
But it's a good kind of surprised. *nodnod*

Haven't drawn anything else for a few days...I've actually made my right arm and hand pretty sore from playing my Nintendo64 for a while, >->; t-trying to complete Diddy Kong Racing on Adventure Two...and attempting like, 80 tries of just completing the last silver coin challenge. x{ and whispering upset and raging obscenities at the screen until 1 in the morning, and finally completing Dragon Forest, ;u; and then feeling fulfilled, but now left with the task of beating Wizpig and the space levels and another race with Wizpig after...however also left with a sore right arm. <x'}

Old Posted 03-18-2019, 12:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
*pokes at Merskelly* do you have an Instagram or something I can tag you in. Really wanna share your art on Derpy's Instagram page.
Old Posted 03-18-2019, 05:18 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
art shop thing, i guess, merskelly metalien, trying this out, with frickin' lazer beams