Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Your Friendly Neighborhood Lurker
Default   #33  
Well, I might be busy, I came up with a new RP Idea, and I have to Type it out and what not.. Haha, So, If I don't post on here for a while you know what happened x3 Just let me know if I am needed to help. x)
"Cause I've been falling apart in the pouring rain"

"I'm waging war on myself. A captive causality"

""

"Traded a merciful heart for a murderer�s brain
But now I curse what's in my head
Because I can't stop seeing red"
Old Posted 06-06-2013, 10:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Supernatural Abnormality
Ok Natsunaine. Thank you for what you did do. It was helpful. Sorry if its taken to long. I'm sure if I was familiar with RP this would be already a story line now.
Please join the group
Old Posted 06-07-2013, 07:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #35  
Nah. Storylines take a while to formulate, especially if they're for group RPs. You should have seen the amount of work Suze and Trakky poured into their RPs.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 06-07-2013, 12:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Supernatural Abnormality
Oh, ok. I feel less of a dork now. I don't want to put people off because I'm taking so long.
I would really like to try my hand at RP.
Please join the group
Old Posted 06-07-2013, 12:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #37  
Hm....you know, there used to be a free-for-all RP that was just basically an arena. Useful for...you know, venting a day's frustrations. I'm sure Natsu would be interested, and it'd be good practice for action scenes and learning basic RP etiquette (usually concerning god-modding).

If I recreate it, we could either have in-RP OOC ((in parenthesis and usually in gray, either at the start or better, at the end of the post)), or a separate OOC thread.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 06-07-2013, 01:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Supernatural Abnormality
Oh my goodness, God-modding? What is OOC. I feel like I'm in over my head. It dose sound fun to me..I think.
I should probably have look up all this BEFORE I attempted anything.
**heavy sigh**
Please join the group
Old Posted 06-07-2013, 01:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #39  
...I also tend to term-drop a lot, huh XD

Okay. OOC is Out-Of-Character. It refers to talking in an RP or RP-related thread outside of your character's point of view. Example -- By the way, guys, should I have Cu run outside and save Lance's ass? or That fireball is going straight at Lance; whether he dodges it is up to you, Natsu.

The second example ties in to godmodding. Generally, it's really bad form to write (in action scenes) that such-and-such happened to another character. Hence, action posts tend to be short, but scenes will have a lot of posts. For example: "Cu charged. Swinging his sword left and right, he cleaved through a dozen soldiers, pushed Lance ahead of him, and made a dash for the cliff. But they were a moment too late: With a resounding crack, the ledge under their feet gave way and started to plummet downwards into the gaping mouth of the abyss, and he could only hope that Lance's agility would be the foxkin's salvation. He closed his eyes and waited for death. What would be frowned upon would be something similar to this, though this isn't a particularly bad case: Cu groaned in frustration as both mercenaries fell down towards the depths of hell. In player-vs-player fight scenes, this would definitely be god-modding: ((Cu: Wait. Why are you making me fight Lance?)) Cu spun around Lance, the two of them locked in a deadly waltz of blades. He ducked under the arm of the foxkin, jamed the pommel of his sword into Lance's ribcage, and kicked him hard in the chest. Lance flew a good twenty feet before crashing into a stone pillar, shards of marble thudding into the ground around him. Cu strode over, grabbed the rogue's jaw in one hand, and stared him straight in the eye before burying the tip of a cyanide-drenched dart into his lung.

And, nah, it's fine. I'm happy to teach you XD
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 06-07-2013, 02:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Supernatural Abnormality
Thank you. I just copied and pasted that info into Microsoft Word so I would have it at hand. Hey, I'm taking notes!....well sort of.
Please join the group
Old Posted 06-07-2013, 03:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #41  
I might be a bit strict in RP rules. Natsu's generally much more lenient.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 06-07-2013, 04:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Supernatural Abnormality
Ok. I'm a good egg. I'll try.
Please join the group
Old Posted 06-07-2013, 04:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #43  
Or, you could always join the rp i am currently creating and see if you like it before you set up a rp,and have the chance of disliking it

""

Old Posted 06-07-2013, 04:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Oooor I could recreate the Arena. XD
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 06-07-2013, 04:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #45  
Ya, You could do that..

""

Old Posted 06-07-2013, 05:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Supernatural Abnormality
Um. I honestly don't know. I'm gonna google stuff. Maybe find something helpful so I can make up my mind.
Please join the group
Old Posted 06-07-2013, 05:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Supernatural Abnormality
Default   #47  
Looks stuff up. Wow.
Don't laugh....but...Is there a sort of Dungeon Master? Someone who controls the setting and story line.
I can across and site called Seventh Sanctum. It helps people randomly find names, what a RP character would look like and what power they might have...or fighting skill. Stuff like that. Would a site like this be at all helpful for creating a RP? Seems like it would be.
Please join the group
Old Posted 06-07-2013, 10:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
The DM in this case would be you. I personally prefer to create my own characters -- obviously, this tends to result in similar characters that share traits with myself, but I feel a lot more comfortable with them.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 06-08-2013, 01:15 AM Reply With Quote