Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #17  
There's fungus on basically everyone's skin, including the scalp. Most babies pick it up within hours of birth. It's microscopic and usually doesn't cause any problems. Currently it looks like it's not a true symbiosis; we don't derive any benefit from it being there. (I was wrong about it being important; I had it confused with skin bacteria, which ARE important.)
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 06-04-2019, 09:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
If the fungus is indeed a thing, I shall once again become a man of science and to create something to destroy the fungus on us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 06-08-2019, 11:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #19  
If you do that you'll make a fortune curing dandruff, tinea versicolor, and disgusting toenails.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 06-09-2019, 01:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
generally speaking, you should probably be able to get an over the counter treatment -- those usually work.

might also have to wash your hair every night for a few nights when possible. i can't quite remember the last time i had lice, but i definitely remember having them and having to put a towel on my pillow when i slept bc we used the stuff that has to stay in your hair.
Old Posted 06-21-2019, 09:40 AM Reply With Quote  
Haunted AND the thing that haunts you!
Default   #21  
I've never required a self-check.
The one time I've had lice was in the 8th grade. My mom had noticed that I'd come home from school with an excessively itchy head (specifically that I used the coarse bristles of a hairbrush to scratch at my head) and made the confirmation.

One treatment I recall we tried as it was suggested by my best friend's mom was to soak the hair in vinegar and wear a bag over one's head for I believe it was 30 minutes to an hour. We went with a shower cap rather than a bag.
The idea is the suffocate the fuckers with the bag or shower cap and the vinegar is to loosen the eggs or nits and possibly kill the nymphs, the young lice not yet mature enough to lay eggs.

https://headlicecenter.com/head-lice-vinegar/

In general, however, eliminating the nits is a separate treatment from getting rid of the lice.

I was not aware of scalp fungus or dandruff's relation to fungus until I read this thread and did a Google search but I can almost guarantee you that if you're finding dandruff shampoo effective and more obvious if you're not seeing little black dots rain from your head when you wash your hair, it's not lice.
Since Dandruff is most often caused by a fungus, if you're not noticing skin flakes than it sounds like some form of pre-dandruff infection if that exists.
~ Red Rum She Said
Last edited by RedRum; 07-29-2019 at 02:33 AM.
Old Posted 07-29-2019, 02:21 AM Reply With Quote  

Tags
dandruff, lice