Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Wanderer
Default   #17  
There's this one show that I have a couple very strong memories of, and I used to remember the songs from it, but now I can't even remember the title? Ugh, there was this one episode with farm animals or something, gonna go see if I can find it.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 11-17-2017, 04:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Most of the shows I mentioned were on BBC or ITV before they got their own dedicated kids channels.

I remember Skydancers as being a thing (vaguely) but I don't think I ever watched the show... I seem to remember that I had one of the dolls that you could pull a ripcord and make it fly though...

I started on the internet with Neopets and Bebo. ^_^;;

In memory of Dorian Floyd Corkin 18/04/2007 - 31/07/2007

My Dice Store
Old Posted 11-17-2017, 04:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #19  
LAMB CHOP'S PLAY ALONG

Aha, that was the one. I didn't watch much TV as a kid; preferred reading. Some other ones I vaguely remember:
PB&J Otter
Rolie Polie Olie
Bear in the Big Blue House
Out of the Box
Wishbone
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 11-17-2017, 04:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Ah, Skydancers! I owned one and it was pink and glittery and my brother's dog got a hold of it and chewed on the wings. It still worked though.
XD
I remember being jealous of my friend who owned Polly Pocket sets (the super tiny ones that you kept losing the people from) and my little pony toys, and several real Tamagotchi, not the cheap knockoff versions.
Old Posted 11-17-2017, 05:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #21  
Woo so many posts since I was here last <3

And yes we can throw out toys too if you want! I had...so many toys lol. Lets see if I can remember a few. Oh! Recently I was actually talking to a friend about these ones. They were called Yum Yums. They were these stuffed animals (like teddy bears) that were all different species. There were cats, bears, dogs, bunnies, and each one had a specific candy theme and smell. I had the Peppermint Cat, and the Jelly bean rabbit. I think some Japanese company bought them out recently? Because I saw some newer versions of them online.

Also I find it SUPER funny how toy companies have taken the stuff from our childhoods and changed to look shittier and sell them to kids today. Good examples: Polly pocket. (Choking hazards back then so they had to make her bigger) Carebears (I actually think there was a new movie for them recently?)
Of course My Little Pony (Which I'm not too sad about because I never really was into the old MLP so yeah.) THen there's a reboot of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Littlest Pet Shop toys were so much cuter back in the 90's. Now they just make their heads bigger to make em more "appealing?". It's the same with movies actually now that I think about it. Most of the movies out today are remakes of existing movies. Or Sequels to SUPER old movies that nobody gives a shit about to see a sequel to....like Dumb and Dumber Too.
"Smile, let the world wonder what you're up to."
Old Posted 11-17-2017, 05:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Magic
oh i had loaaads of polly pockets
for your nostalgia: http://www.onlypollypocket.com/
catalogue of all the old sets : )

soooo smoll and cute, i miss them.

what about doodle bears, yall have doodle bears? sister and me each had one those were hype.
Old Posted 11-17-2017, 06:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #23  
Oh yeah! I had a Doodle bear! I had one until my dog desecrated it. Then a few years later I got a Doodle bear Mini which I think I still have somewhere? Missing an eye though XD.
Old Posted 11-17-2017, 06:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
I had Polly Pockets, a Tamagotchi, a Doodle Bear, a crapton of Barbies and Disney dolls...
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 11-17-2017, 11:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #25  
I always made my Barbies naked. I mean who didn't really. But I also chopped all their hair off. I accidentally cleared the face off my Pocahontas doll, because I used some nail polish remover to get some marker off of her and the whole face went off. I didn't know that could happen XD
Old Posted 11-17-2017, 11:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
I had quite a few bald barbies... and nowadays, I deliberately use nail polish to take off face paint. I'm a customizer. :3
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 11-18-2017, 12:58 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #27  
ooo you know I see a few OOAK doll makers do like the Monster High doll. Make em look better. There was one I saw did like those limited edition ones too. Like Audrie Hepburn and I think there was one of Marilyn Monroe too. It's insane the detail I saw on those things. They look super awesome! Do you do stuff like that?"
Old Posted 11-18-2017, 01:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
I remember being super jealous of those that had Polly Pockets too! I remember having a Beyblade and being disappointed that it wasn't like in the cartoon XD My next door neighbour had a Furby that I would have killed for but in hindsight it was probably for the best that I didn't have one. I remember having the Sky Dancer doll, original MLP ponies, Weebles, Barbies and some Action Men (these were mostly hand me downs from my auntie and uncle) plus some (brand new at the time) Disney dolls, first series Pokemon cards and a ton of board games.

My Dice Store
Old Posted 11-18-2017, 05:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #29  
I still have my old Pokemon cards. I was a collector when they first come out...to a point. And be glad you didn't have a Furby...those things turned into the spawn of Satan when their batteries went low. I was woken up in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, to this loud alarm type sound going off. It was coming from my Furby. I ripped the batteries out of that thing, shoved it back into it's box and threw it into the closet. I still have it actually....still in it's box...dead.
Old Posted 11-18-2017, 05:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Lol. Yeah that's what happened to my neighbours one too. I still had my original Pokemon cards up until a couple of years ago when I sold my rares to get some funds to buy my daughter some new clothes... ^_^;;

My Dice Store
Old Posted 11-18-2017, 07:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Magic
Default   #31  
my furby kept talking after we took the batteries out of it i swear too god i dont trust those things
Old Posted 11-18-2017, 03:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Spawn of Satan. I actually had two. We got them at a flea market. One was white and the other one was grey/pink with spots. The second one was 'my mom's' but she said she didn't want it really so I sold it at the booth we had at the flea market. I can believe there are people that collect the older ones like they did with Beanie Babies. I still have all my Beanie Babies, up in a box in the closet.
Old Posted 11-18-2017, 04:16 PM Reply With Quote