Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Mercury Poisoning!
Default Nostalgia Center! (Children of the 90's)   #1  
If you were a child of the late 80's or early 90's please stop in. Here is a place for you to remember old cartoons/shows that were exclusive to this era. I'm not just talking about old Disney or Nickelodeon Shows, I'm talking about whatever you can remember.

You don't need to remember the name, just a general description. Maybe someone else knows the show and can help you out, or maybe you'd just like to reminisce about the good old days. Either way, come on in and lets chat about our childhoods. :)

For me, Nickelodeon was a big staple of my Childhood, but there's a few shows that were like on PBS that I remember also. Of course the typical Seasame Street, and Mr. Rodgers's Neighborhood. There was also Wishbone and The Magic School Bus.

I remember this one program though, that with the help of the internet I was able to get it's name. It was kind of on the same vein as Seasame Street, but it had less puppets and one person instead of many. And instead of teaching numbers/letters he sang songs. I forgot the name now, but it was Something to do with a secret forest.

THere was also "The Elephant Show with Sharon, Lois, and Bram" with the infamous "Skinnamarinky dinky dink, skinnamarinky do..." song. Whatever that meant.

Please share with my your experiences and shows you watched as a kid :)
"Smile, let the world wonder what you're up to."
Old Posted 11-16-2017, 03:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Magic
yes i am a 90s kid i member all that
Old Posted 11-16-2017, 04:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #3  
Are there any other shows that I didn't list you remember? One that was your favorite or stands out more than any other?
Old Posted 11-16-2017, 04:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Hocus Pocus…
I remember seeing Sean Murray on NCIS and going 'That is the cat dude from Hocus Pocus' My mom thought I was insane….
Old Posted 11-16-2017, 04:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #5  
You know I do that a lot lately. I'll see programs with people in them. Mostly programs like NCIS, or CSI and be like "Hey that guy/girl was in ___". It's actually kinda fun. What's not fun is when you KNOW you've seen them and you have to figure out who they are so you can stalk their IMDB page XD
Old Posted 11-16-2017, 04:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I was mainly a Disney kid. I remember all the old movies. Rip Girls, Johnny Tsunami, Xenon, The Thirteenth Year, ect.
Those were the best!
Old Posted 11-16-2017, 09:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #7  
Oh yeah those awesome movies they'd bring out every month. Zoog Disney and their countdown of top ten songs. Dancing/singing to Bye Bye Bye, and What a Girl Wants.
Old Posted 11-16-2017, 09:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
The music videos during commercial breaks too! I'm pretty sure I have a couple vhs with old commercials and ads for Boy Meets World (which I actually own the full series of on dvd)
Old Posted 11-17-2017, 12:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #9  
You know what's soo strange. I have a tape of Hook, the one with Robin Williams (RIP) and it was taped off of TV meaning there are commercials ALSO from that age. It's so weird watching that and seeing the commercials that were popular from that time. Like McDonalds and Taco Bell commercials @_@
Old Posted 11-17-2017, 02:11 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I might be a titch too early for this. My sister and I on the dividing line between Gen x and Y. I remember Hocus Pocus (barely. I think I just wasn't a fan of the show). Mr. Roger's Neighbourhood was certainly a thing (though not as cool as Mr. Dressup!) and I remember The Elephant Show as well, along with Captain Kangaroo if we are really going back. Wee memories of Care Bears and My Little Pony as well. I remember more Nickelodeon than Disney. There was this game show with a giant pyramid thing that I think was Nickelodeon.

Cartoons that I actually recall watching beyond some old miscellany in my brain were things like Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, and Doug. I still remember the intros for Ghostwriter, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, and Goosebumps.
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 11-17-2017 at 03:43 AM.
Old Posted 11-17-2017, 03:41 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #11  
Oh, I opened the box.

Saved by the Bell
Home Improvement
Full House

I forgot these until I actually started leafing through IMDB.

Yeah, apologies to those of you who weren't born yet for this stuff.
Old Posted 11-17-2017, 03:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
I didn't get the Disney channel until it got off paid programming. We'd get like month-long stints occasionally as a preview and then we'd go recording happy and pull off all the movies. Like Not Quite Human, Still Not quite Human, we got a bunch of other movies we probably still have laying around on VHS gathering dust. I remember like Under the Umbrella tree, which was on Disney, And Fraggle Rock which they recently brought back.

I actually never saw Carebears, but I liked the stuffed animals they had, and I wanted one once. I didn't see the old MLP either. I remember Saved by the Bell, and Full house and of course Home Improvement, though with those, as well as Boy Meets World and Sister Sister, they replay them as reruns on whatever channel.

But for like super obscure shows that you'll have to delve into Youtube to find em, like Zoobliezoo or Eureka's Castle. Old gems of shows that only our kid brains enjoyed and our adult brains are like...da fuq?
Old Posted 11-17-2017, 05:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #13  
I was born in 1990 in the UK so my memory of TV shows is probably very different from yours... ^_^;;

My memory has blocked out most of m childhood, but I remember watching shows Like Brum, Pokemon, Digimon, Cardcaptors, Thomas the Tank Engine, Ivor the Engine, Mr Benn, Kipper, Fingermouse, Thunderbirds, Stingray, Captain Scarlett to name a few that I loved over the years ^_^;;

I still have a lot of love for all these shows although not so much for the revamped versions that have been released in recent years...

In memory of Dorian Floyd Corkin 18/04/2007 - 31/07/2007

My Dice Store
Old Posted 11-17-2017, 06:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
I watched Pokemon and Cardcaptors more than Digimon. Most of those were on, on Saturday mornings and I liked to sleep in XD. The rest must be region specific type thing like you said because nothing else but Thomas the Tank engine sounds familiar. And I don't think I even watched that much.
Old Posted 11-17-2017, 06:40 AM Reply With Quote  
Magic
Default   #15  
i had carebears video tapes.

i think most of those movies were made in the 80s?

does anyone else remember Skydancers or Princess Gwenevire and The Jewel Riders?
video for your nostaligia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSGTZttGV7E
Old Posted 11-17-2017, 03:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Magic
oh and how many of you started on the internet with Palace dolls? That definately started in the late 90s.
Old Posted 11-17-2017, 03:35 PM Reply With Quote