Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

I Am Tam
Default   #5617  
Er, yeah. Practicing on the highway or even back roads is better than practicing in town. *sympathy*

Awwwww. Dragon baby onna stump!

I was bad and crocheted today. So shoulder still hurts.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 10-04-2021, 09:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I just love the pop of autumnal foliage behind him. (Full adventure pics finally posted to Zantarni!)

And yeah...it's not like I've never driven. I have a valid license and all that. I just don't have my own car and am a little rusty. XD
But getting used to his vehicle makes sense. It's just easier to do that without having to worry about other drivers being idiots and cutting lanes and running red lights. Especially since 90% of the driving will be on the highway anyway. Lol
But I get his concern. It's hard to trust other people with your car and he has some special emotional attachments to it as it was his mom's before she passed away.

Awww no! Be good and rest that shoulder!
Old Posted 10-06-2021, 12:30 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5619  
:D Yeah. I saw them! And commented. Not the best comment, but I've got some brain fog. It's just a low day.

Awww. Gotcha. Yeah, that makes sense.

...It's better today, even though I crocheted more. I also slept INSIDE the sleeping bag instead of on top of it last night.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1055...isting_details I bought this today. I'm wondering if I need to find Dollaholics Anonymous.

Edit: Wooow. Kaderin, look at this. https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/5806...ochet-pattern?
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Last edited by Tam I am; 10-07-2021 at 04:41 PM.
Old Posted 10-06-2021, 10:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Ooooh dragon scarf! Idk if I'd wear it as an actual scarf just because the head is awfully bulky looking, but as a fun addition to a costume or for a fun addition to my dragon family, that would be pretty cool!
Also I've seen the dragon scale gloves people make with that scaled stitch and want to buy a pair someday! (Like these!: https://www.etsy.com/listing/4953347..._click=1&frs=1 ) I'd make some myself, but the loom knit version of the scale stitch is a little bulkier and just not as pretty.
Old Posted 10-07-2021, 11:54 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5621  
If you want the dragon, and/or want gloves (if you can find a pattern), just send me the yarn, and then send me the money to ship 'em back. I wouldn't charge you anything else. I want to see if I could make it pretty. Oh... and if it's the scarf you wanted, send eyes. LOL I bought mini brads for a paper doll today, and figuring out the sizes was nuts.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/5764...gerless-dragon This pattern has a flat palm.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Last edited by Tam I am; 10-08-2021 at 12:07 AM.
Old Posted 10-08-2021, 12:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Lol....so for the gloves do you need a pdf? Because I googled "crochet dragon scale gloves" and found that the etsy shop of the gloves I linked actually has an instruction video on YouTube and also a free version of the pattern on their website. (With an ad-free printable pdf available in their shop that can be bought.)
Lol

Not that I need them right away, but it gives me ideas for later...just gotta pick yarn. Which is the hard part.
Old Posted 10-08-2021, 12:39 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5623  
Yeah. Because of my glasses situation I do best with a printed out copy of the pattern.

Having a frustrating experience with Discord. Also with a dollar store crochet kit I bought. Not only are the instructions badly laid out and badly translated, the kit didn't include enough yarn to make the item the way it says to make it.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 10-08-2021, 10:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Got it. Printable patterns only! Can do!

Yeah...I imagine dollar store craft kits probably aren't the best. Hopefully you can make it work though! What is it supposed to make?

In other news, am anxiously awaiting the delivery of a beautiful wizard/witch wand that I ordered....mostly for halloween next year when I've had more time to accumulate other items for it. But also for display as it's gorgeous! I was hoping it would be here by now, but due to some initial complications, I think it will actually get here early next week. XP

Oh, and I've been working on Custard's macaron so hopefully that will be done tomorrow. Am gonna try to be good and ignore my phone tomorrow so I can hopefully be more productive.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 10-09-2021 at 02:15 PM.
Old Posted 10-09-2021, 02:10 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5625  
:D
It's a triceratops. Came out REALLY tiny. I don't know why so many people think that tiny amigrumi are easy. They're not, way too fiddly. I had to use some of the second colour yarn for one leg, and I didn't sew it together the best, but it DOES look like a triceratops. Hopefully the person it's aimed at will like it.

I'm awaiting the arrival of... THREE dolls in the mail. (I THINK it's just three, plus some doll panties, and some brads for putting paper dolls together. o_O)

Yayyyyy! I'm looking forward to seeing her! So are the doll kids already here. And Safire wants to go home.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 10-10-2021, 12:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Yeah, I always look at the tiny amigurimi and it looks WAY harder to me. Getting any kind of detail in something so small? Nope. I could never do it, even if I manage to master (learn at all to crochet, I'd stick with bigger stuff. Oooh, I should send you a crochet patten book I bought when I was still telling myself I was gonna learn crochet!
It's pudgy little amigurimi cats! 8D

In Custard news, the cookie parts are made, I just need to assemble it (which I will probably take care of tonight). And then I need to wait for payday so I have money for shipping. >.>
But (hopefully) she'll be sent in time to arrive for Halloween! I should have her shipped no later than next Tuesday as I don't get paid until Friday.

Lol. So many dolls! XD
Old Posted 10-11-2021, 11:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #5627  
can confirm, the smaller the ami, the fiddlier it is.

(fiddlier? i guess that's a word, my spell-check liked it. XD )

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 10-11-2021, 12:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Thinking about it.. yeah even with my loom knit plushies, the smaller they are, the trickier they are to make. Especially for sewing and stuffing parts. Like with most small or medium plushies, I sew the parts inside out and then turn them right side out so the seams are less visible. I don't do that on small plushie parts, I'll just sew them together right side out. Except on heads and bodies as those are larger.
Old Posted 10-11-2021, 03:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #5629  
Has anyone made any Halloween props? I've mostly finished making/tweaking a bunch to go along with an overall theme. Wound up doing a lot more than expected, so hopefully it looks a little more unique.
Old Posted 10-11-2021, 05:00 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Yeah, I always look at the tiny amigurimi and it looks WAY harder to me. Getting any kind of detail in something so small? Nope. I could never do it, even if I manage to master (learn at all to crochet, I'd stick with bigger stuff. Oooh, I should send you a crochet patten book I bought when I was still telling myself I was gonna learn crochet!
It's pudgy little amigurimi cats! 8D

In Custard news, the cookie parts are made, I just need to assemble it (which I will probably take care of tonight). And then I need to wait for payday so I have money for shipping. >.>
But (hopefully) she'll be sent in time to arrive for Halloween! I should have her shipped no later than next Tuesday as I don't get paid until Friday.

Lol. So many dolls! XD

And it's even harder when it's a dollar store pattern with half butt instructions that aren't even in proper English.

Ooooo, what's the book title? I have one kitten book, and am working on the kitty in a dress doll that's in there, but another would be interesting too! :D

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! And I know how to pay you for her now, too, if you don't want to use your Etsy shop. One of my USA friends sent me a bill the other day with Paypal, and I could pay it with my credit card without having a Paypal account myself.

I ... MIGHT have bought another. That's right here in Edmonton. The seller's planning to meet me downtown sometime this week to deliver her.

Tristan, look at this! https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/TheTwistedHatter?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 10-11-2021, 10:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #5631  
Bio: Nope. I mean, technically I'm repainting a claw coat rack to look like dragon claws and it was in the Halloween home decor section. But it technically isn't being repurposed for seasonal/holiday specific decor so...

I just don't decorate for holidays. Except for Derpy's little Christmas tree.

Tam: The book is called Dumpling Cats and here are some pics of the cover, which shows off a good amount of the cats:

In other news, I'm finally tearing apart my tall boots to modify them to fit ny big calves! I have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing, just need to decide what I want to use as the boot tongue material. Plain black vinyl/faux leather would blend in better and make them work with more outfits, but we also have a silver holo vinyl or a shiny black vinyl with a holo sort of spiral/double helix looking pattern to it and those might look pretty cool too. Am hoping I can get them done for Halloween though I may not wear them with my costume as I have other books that fit the accessories theme (more of a royal/noble theme) a bit better.
Old Posted 10-13-2021, 11:46 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
kaderin - those look adorable! :)

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 10-13-2021, 11:55 AM Reply With Quote