Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Heavenly Angel
Default How are you guys doing?   #1  
Hello fellow Trisphee members...

How are you guys holding up in the real world? I really miss all the old friends I made on here and other sites. I hope you guys are doing well!

It sucks so much to see everyone disappeared, especially those that I grew up with online throughout the years. I was 13-14 and now I'm 30, time really went by quick. Whenever I think about this, I feel really sad because I've made so many amazing friends throughout the years and now I lost contact with almost all of them.

Feel free to share your memories about Trisphee and how you found out about this site.

* I was on Kinsaki back around April of 2018, yeah it's still stuck in my head. I made some friends and there was a lady named Pregnant Pickle, she told me about Trisphee and it was during closed beta. I applied to be staff member and got accepted, but that was a long time ago and I helped designed some items. I used to be really active at the very beginning and then I went on hiatus for a year or so to focus on myself....since then I've been on and off, but I still check on Trisphee regularly.

Also, just a side note, I really miss Glitch, she was so nice to me and was a wonderful friend. She even asked me to go visit her in real life, but I never got the chance to and now it's too late. Last year, I had a moment when my flight changed to her state and I was thinking about her. </3
Old Posted 08-31-2023, 02:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
i'm still around, much to everyone's chagrin, and i intend to be as annoying as possible before i kick the bucket.

been working on some items and item sets recently but need to get them finalized ngl. i think the catfish stache in the body mods / salon recently got released. either that, or i forgor.

pantheon online shut down and i'm still working here.

found out about this site from gallagher, since they work for the site and also hang around in an english ukagaka hub that i'm also in. got really into avi sites for a time. still am into them, just less so.

also miss glitch. i wish i'd've joined the bloody team earlier, but legal documents require you to be eighteen, at minimum. then i ended up procrastinating.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 08-31-2023, 02:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
Default   #3  
I don't know you, so I'm not sure about you being annoying XD <3 I used to be super annoying on avatar sites, there were some people that hated me so much that they had to stalk me on different sites just come for me. haha, that's back in the days...

I was a really active user on Pantheon, but I got busy with life and left there about 2 years ago or so. I gave away all my items before I left though and recently I tried to go on, but I couldn't find the site anymore. XD I guess they shut down the site like you said. Did they make an announcement about it and why they closed?
Old Posted 08-31-2023, 06:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
I don't know you, so I'm not sure about you being annoying XD <3 I used to be super annoying on avatar sites, there were some people that hated me so much that they had to stalk me on different sites just come for me. haha, that's back in the days...

I was a really active user on Pantheon, but I got busy with life and left there about 2 years ago or so. I gave away all my items before I left though and recently I tried to go on, but I couldn't find the site anymore. XD I guess they shut down the site like you said. Did they make an announcement about it and why they closed?

i've been told that i'm annoying but more towards in the sibling sort of manner.

also, yeah, pantheon wasn't making enough money to keep the lights on. iirc pinster does still have all the files, so they can reboot the site at any time they feel like it, but i think the site did suffer from a major lack of advertising. plus the layering system did feel a bit convoluted, but it was understandable that they wanted to make it as comprehensive as possible so that you didn't end up with weird layering bugs.

i do have a bunch of items designed for trisphee, but they haven't been released yet. did i mention the catfish stache? i checked at one point and saw that it had been released, i'm pretty sure i was the one that made that. you can probably tell by the amount of contrast ngl.

Old Posted 08-31-2023, 10:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Default   #5  
~Welcome back.

Think someone might've mentioned this site so came here for a bit, left, and came back.

Shame about Pantheon. Did like that site. ~

Anyone want my stuff?
Old Posted 09-03-2023, 01:26 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Yeah, glad that Trisphee is still around, but I do miss the avatar sites that have shut down. :(

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 09-03-2023, 11:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Default   #7  
~Yep. Glad this place is still up myself.~

Anyone want my stuff?
Old Posted 09-04-2023, 06:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
iirc toho has said that he's able to fund this site quite well. you'd likely want to ask him about it, though, as my memory is pretty bad.

Old Posted 09-04-2023, 06:48 AM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
Default   #9  
He said he doesn't plan to close down this site because it doesn't cost him that much to keep it running. I think he has his own server or something, I can't recall clearly.
Old Posted 09-06-2023, 02:50 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
yeagh, something like that.

the costs ramp up depending on how much traffic we get, probably. of course, that's most likely more towards if you're paying for a server elsewhere, but if toho is hosting it on one of his own, then it costs less.

Old Posted 09-06-2023, 09:56 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #11  
Happy to know it doesn't cost a lot to run the site. Trisphee has become one of my homes on the internet. XD

Old Posted 09-09-2023, 12:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
Yes!! I've been here since 2009 and I'm not going anywhere XD
Old Posted 09-09-2023, 09:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #13  
I'm not exactly the most active of forum users or admins these days, oops, but yeah, it is true, Trisphee shall remain, regardless.

Avatar sites were a big thing, years ago, and it's sad to see them all disappear, so this one will not. (And I'd be willing to host others, too.)

If you're curious, I don't own a server, specifically, I just pay for hosting. Trisphee's servers cost $30 a month, plus another $6 for email I could turn off one of the servers and deal with my own emails and save $16, but I can't be bothered on the email, and the dev server is helpful, even if it's currently used sparingly.

Since I don't use AWS or the like, the prices actually don't scale smoothly with traffic. It'll be $30 whether there are 5 hits a day or 50,000...though if it did around that point I'd start considering expanding the hosting, lol. I have, in the past, run minecraft servers for my friends directly on Trisphee's webserver with no degredation of performance, so...I could, in theory, host multiple sites.

Once tried to buy a second one (avatar site), to keep it from dying completely. The owners wouldn't answer me, though, and so now it's gone off the internet..RIP Syndrone.
Old Posted 09-13-2023, 08:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
Thank you so much for that!
We really appreciate you for doing that. <3
Old Posted 09-13-2023, 11:52 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #15  
Thank you so much, Toho! It's greatly appreciated. :)

Old Posted 09-14-2023, 12:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
in this house we love and appreciate toho ok

Old Posted 09-14-2023, 04:28 AM Reply With Quote