Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

isn't that funny
Default   #33  
the second came straif=ght on the heels of the first "100 memerable men and women of year xxxx/xxx" the last however seemed to have been checked out, he was a little dissapointed, it was important that he had the reference, but it was doable all the same. he stuck the second book with the first his hip sachel close to half full from these two books alone, he was a bit unsure if he should grab a shoulder bag or just carry the next and by far most cumbersome book but figured it was carryable if he had to, no time could be wasted if he wanted to beat the setting sun home.

his next stop was a bit farther over into the annuals of births and deaths. as he passed by it a slim volume, not much more than a pamplet, whispered out to him, without even looking he whisked it away with him. he did not know anything about it other than he was around law and policies on animal husbantry and the incomplete beastiary of unusual and semi mythical animals. from the tiny size of it he assumed it was a lost book someone misplaced and needed to be taken back up front where the aprenteces could reorder it back into it's proper section. he placed it in a small pocket in his vest

'hmmm....' he passed the end of the section and cornered into the nearest right row the small neat hand of a long-dead librarian stated he was in the records of births and deaths. he slipped in quickly. the stacks were narrower here to accomadate the largeness of the tomes within. he begain to hum again, slower and louder the date of his great grandfather's birth, or as near to it as he knew to get in his mind. the book he wanted was near the top but that was ok, he didn't like the idea of lifting such a heavy book. he grabbed the one preseeding it too and sliding both gingerly down he hefted them both to his chest and headed back out of the stacks

(part two done too, smaller than the first but a good break)
Old Posted 09-05-2011, 10:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Rainbows and stuff
Mizuki laid there for a moment before he gave a sigh and stood. Walking to the kitchen he made a cup of tea then headed towards the back room which housed his bed.Sipping his tea his mind wouldnt leave the events of the day. Letting them play over and over like a broken projector.
~*~*~*~*~*~ ♥...If you will have me we shall be...♥~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~♥ ...Together forever and a day...♥ ~*~*~*~*~*~
Old Posted 09-05-2011, 12:06 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #35  
(you are having fun with this aren't you?)

luka dumped all of his books on his dorm bed, though he went home most nights he did stay in his assigned place when he wanted to study. he left again quickly to the talking library
Old Posted 09-05-2011, 12:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbows and stuff
Once Mizuki entered his room he closed the door behind him solftly. In pitch black he stood for a moment. Then reaching up with his hand he grabbed the chrystal around his neck and brought it up to his lips. Blowing softly he watched as the brightness of the chrystals inhanced until the intire room was lit buy a soft lavender tinted light.

"Well then..." Mizuki said to himself as he walked over to a large wooden desk. Placing his tea down on it his eyes were drawen to a book that open upon the desk. Sitting in the plush chair he drew the book closer towards him with a simple gesture of his hand. Softly without noise the book moved to the space infront of him. Looking down onto the book infront of him Mizuki brought his hand up and placed it ontop of the picute. His thumb rubbing the face of a young male made of ink upon the page.

The book was decent sized, covered in what appeared to be a slate grey and blue scale from a creature long forgotten. The pages where tattered and toren from the many years of use. "The day is comming when I will see your true face again" He said to the picture "I have missed you for many a long year....my love" He said in a sad tone.

((It is just kinda dead brain and writers block but here a better one))
Old Posted 09-05-2011, 12:43 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #37  
(it works though, i learned something and the maybe one person reading this did too)

he hurried through the halls to the talking library, his assistant's key would only work until nightfall then it would be closed until morning, he did not have that sort of time so he hurried along.

when he got there he used his key to pop the lock to the room, it was small compared to the main library, no bigger than his home really, it only housed a few thousand books but even so it was filled with more precious information than ten of the main.

as usual the room broke out in chatter as soon as he put the key to the lock, voices uncountable, though painstakenly counted, all rose a din, each vying for his attention. 'ENOUGH' he shouted, loud enough to be heard over the noise, 'i was here just this morning calm down, i need an answer' the books all quietened to whispers and murmers 'better' he took a breath and began to sing his needs, talking books could only understand so much and what he needed would be too complicated and either set off too many false alarms or nothing at all, though some of the older ones liked to play tricks on the unexpirenced who had no choice but to ask in plain-speech, it was eaiser to sing an answer from them.

it took a few minutes to word it right but the summon proved successful, two books sang a positive responce and a third quivvered slightly. he pulled all three down and ran his fingers up the spine of each, one of them, the oldest felt like his granna's magic, course but strong, it showed on the book as well, simply bound but held together well it felt newer than the leather and wood holding it together told

he went over and sat down at the only table in the entire place. he may have worked in the library and have touched every book in the place at one point or another, several of them to read but some also to clean rebind or repaint runes into, but his position meant less here than his age, he was only allowed a single book for overnight use. looking into each book he found the info he wanted but the second book, unfourtuatly not his granna's had the most coherent and deepest understanding of the three, he picked up that one and replaced the other two, the books all babbled at him as he went to lock the room back up and he smiled. one day he would make his own library full of talking books and he's bind them all himself. with that thought in his head he rushed back to his dorm, noting he had spent too much time away and would only just make it back in time. dusk approached.
Old Posted 09-05-2011, 01:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbows and stuff
Mizuki stared at the pictire infront of him then with a little shove away from the desk he stood. Undressing Mi9zuki sang a song of foretelling "In the hills of ones mind lays a power so devine. A simple wish to see is all that one will need"...then his voice died off to a hum until he stopped what he was doing and stood there for a moment. Head bowed bangs covering his face "Soon....you will see" He said as the stone around his neck dimmed down slowly the ever crowding blackness crept back into the room. Slowly clawing its way towards Mizuki. Soon only his face was lit...then his mouth...which had the makings of a smirk. And then there was nothing.
Old Posted 09-05-2011, 01:40 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #39  
on the other side of the acadamy as he was nearing his room luka shuddered, he felt sick with dread for no real reason at all. he tightened his arms around his book and kept going at a faster pase than before, he no longer felt safe in the halls
Old Posted 09-05-2011, 01:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbows and stuff
THE NEXT DAY!!!

Mizuki walked slowly to his study his mind deep in thought. Today will be an interesting day. He thought to himself as he reached his room. Opening the door he walked in and moved towards his desk as the door closed. Soon Luka will arive and the true tests would begin.
Old Posted 09-05-2011, 01:53 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #41  
what a terrible day it was, blearily he pulled himself from the strange things he had read the night before, he had not slept at all. the books on his grandfather confirmed what mizuki had said though why he was not sure, most of the information was exagerated or untrue, there were bends and mistakes in both the storys and the printed facts, it was no wonder luka's teacher thought he was something so scary, though what he found out about those supposed 'pure shadows' made him worried for a different reason. those men, no, monsters were more frightful than anything he'd imagine people could aspire to be, from dark summoning rituals to forced reincartation they sounded like bad news all over and strangest of all the small book he grabbed so unthinkingly was it seems a diary of one such person made from parchment and slate blue dragon hide, it could have been a hoax, certainly so, but it bothered him all the same, for one he saw the names 'luka' and 'mizuki' both reffred to, luka being the writer and this mizuki a subject of interest, he skipped most all of it but even so he felt nervous. he stashed the book under his bed wrpped in a lace kercheif ward made by his granna to protect it from detection. the owner must have been a hundred years dead by now given what the cover date said but still those two names sent a shiver up his spine, he needed to return the book as fast as possible to the library
Last edited by littl3chocobo; 09-06-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old Posted 09-05-2011, 02:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbows and stuff
Mizuki sat there at his desk. He had no idea what compelled him to do it but he brought his diary with him today. Brushing his hand over the slate blue scale Mizuki smiled as he placed his feet atop the desk as he opened to the first page and he began to read.

'Subject name: Luka
Subject age: 17
Subject race: human
Matter of documentation: Suspicions of being a "Pure shadow"

Day 1:

'Today I tried the wooden desk scare teqnue. Learning that the subject in question can not do elementle it raises my suspicions more.'

Day 2:

'Subject was told of the suspicions that he is a pure shadow. The reaction was what was to be expected.'

Mizuki flipped through a couple pages to come to his favorite page.

Day 208:

'He has mastered it! The power deep within the subject has been harrnessed within a chrystal! So pure and white is the color of the stone its almost blinding! After being the chrystal was formed and placed upon the males neck he rejoiced!....then proclaimed to me his love....'

Then Mizuki flipped to the last page...

Day 687:

'...I never thought this day would happen. Yet I knew it was going to be but this soon. Today on the 17th of febuary Luka past away by the hands of "Her". The power Luka had obtained has now been passed down into my own chrystal. I now have the wait ahead of me...the wait for his reincarnation...'

Mizuki read the last sentance and gave a little smile "Now I have found him and we start all over again." He said then paused "No...no this time will be different...this time I will not be late and I will save you from her" He said to the quietness of the room.
Last edited by Pinkie; 09-06-2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old Posted 09-06-2011, 12:44 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #43  
(hoo boy, i see this developing a parralle ff7 theme)

he made it to his teachers room a little early his haste brought on soley by adreniline from his earlier class of spell binding and a need to get through the day quickly so he could return his books, namly the talking tome and the little diary.

knock knock he tapped on the door and waited for mizuki to open it. 'ah, today is aweful, why is everything to do with this guy so unlucky, our stars surly are crossed all wrong' he let out a little sigh. it was times like this he missed his brother and his granna
Old Posted 09-06-2011, 07:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Rainbows and stuff
Mizuki continued to look at the last page of the diary as he openend the door for Luka. His diary...the simple yet most revealing peice of work on "pure shadows" was a thing alot looked for. To this date only 3 were knowen about and have life.
Old Posted 09-06-2011, 12:20 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #45  
the door swung open, this time inwards, luka was getting really confused about that door. as the door finished it's swing and luka took his first step in he saw mizuki close a slim volume much like the one under lukas bed, it was suspicious but luka pushed it momentarily out of mind. 'i am here sir' he said

(sorry, short posts ok?)
Old Posted 09-06-2011, 12:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbows and stuff
Mizuki looked up "I can see that welcome luka" He said and motioned with his hand towards the chair infront of him. "Today I have another test for you" He said placing his diary finaly down onto the desk the scale shimmering in the light.

"Your not going to like me" He said "Even though you already dont" Mizuki said in a laughing tone. With that Mizuki then proceeded to take out a candle from his desk. Placing it ontop he snapped his fingures and the curtens closed leaving the room in pure darkness.

Bringing his hand up to his lips Mizuki smiled and blew. As his breath traveled over his hand to the candle lighting it. "Today we do fire play" He said "All you have to do is make something out of that flame...anything. A bird...a dog...a tree, just something"
Old Posted 09-06-2011, 08:23 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #47  
luka frowned, fire was the worst possible thing he could be given, it was as intangeable as air or water but it's dangerous nature was riskier than anything a spilled cup of tea could do. he looked up at where mizuki's face was he did not want this strange man as his master or his guide, he wanted to leave and never come back but it seemed no worse an idea than placing a bet on what the library books told him such men were capable of.

'under one condition' luka asked 'let me touch the candle while i do it'
Old Posted 09-06-2011, 08:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbows and stuff
Mizuki gave a very uncharacteristic smile to that "By all means" He said motioning his hand towards the candle. He was hoping that Luka would say that. It just confirms his theory more. Luka was the reincarnation he was looking for...almost certain of it.
Old Posted 09-06-2011, 08:44 PM Reply With Quote