Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Weaver of Tales
Post The Raven and The Rose: Tough Love   #1  

The women standing in this dimly-lit street seemed to have been down this road — to have had this same argument — time and time again; one a curvaceous, vibrant woman with long red hair, and the other a smaller, rough looking brunette. They might have been sharing a coffee or a slice of cake for how much actual vitriol was in their words. Words which spoke to this being old hat for the both of them, if the long-put-upon sigh that the smaller woman gave was not indication enough.

"Rose, I can't," she was saying, clutching her helmet with one arm and scratching the back of her neck with the other. "You know I'd love to join you, but I have my boys to take care of, my bike to shine, and a whole lot of junk to do that you just wouldn't understand." She shifted her weight from one leg to the other, crossing them over each other as she leaned against the shabby brick of the alleyway where the two were meeting. "You're going to just have to take my word for it. I know I can't convince you otherwise, but I just really can't."

Rose, the other woman, crossed her arms under her rather sizable breasts and gave the biker a glare. If looks could kill, the dark-haired lady would be dead as a doornail. "Raven, you know that by postponing this, you are just delaying the inevitable. Curb your tendencies to get into hot water, and come with me. Only for a weekend. Surely your... ugh... 'boys' and your 'toys' can survive one weekend alone?"

With a sigh, Raven shook her head, and gave a wry chuckle. "No. They're male. My bike needs fixing up, and I can't trust those idiots with her - I also can't exactly trust them alone. They'd destroy the shop, the club, the bar, and several other things besides. I mean... they're boys. They're wild, single, and restless. You really think it's a good idea to leave all my irons with them tending the fire?"

The redhead gave an explosive sigh. "Then leave them to it and come with me for good! I can't stand to see you out on those streets, fending off whatever... thugs get it into their heads to try and take advantage of you." She rubbed her good eye, and rested her hand under her chin, fingers lightly curled. "Besides, not all boys are destructive and reckless. Mine are just fine."

"Yours are paid to be fine, elegant, charming, and all of that. Believe me, Rose — if you and I left our packs together, there would be massive chaos. In more ways than one. Just let me do me, and you do you," Raven snarked, giving the other woman a lewd gesture. "I don't care if you have the best-trained little servants in the whole show. You're not pulling me off the streets. Why won't you just come on one ride with me? Just one? I bet you'd enjoy it."

This was an argument they'd been back and forth over, too. Rose just was not cut out for the style of life that Raven led, either inside, or outside, her business veneer. The woman was a black-market dealer of all sorts of shady things, and that bike of hers just reeked of filthy money and danger. The club-owner was wary of both of those things.

"No, Raven," she said with an air of finality. "I will never join you on one of those disgusting machines. Just... think about coming with me for once, alright?"

Raven shrugged and unclipped the chin-strap of her helmet. "No promises, Rose," she sighed before fitting it onto her head and walking over to her bike. She gave Rose one last look before taking off into the streets. For her part, Rose dug her fingernails into her arm to keep from screaming obscenities at the retreating woman. "Why must you be so... so... you!," she exclaimed, turning to go back inside. Before she fully opened the door, however, she paused, and let her eyes follow down the road Raven had gone. "And so irresistible," she finished with a click of her tongue before she headed back into the establishment.
Old Posted 02-14-2018, 12:11 AM  
The Weaver of Tales
Following Raven from a vehicle after you saw her drive off led you to a seedy bar on the other side of town, cleverly (or maybe not so cleverly) named The Spoke and Wheel. She took off her helmet after parking the bike, and moved into the place as though she owned it. Most of the fellows inside gave her a wide berth, and some salute - so if she doesn't own the place, she at least had some claim over the people inside of it. These must be the 'boys' she was telling Rose about.

"I don't get her," she bit off, pacing the floor a bit and seeming more ticked off than she had when arguing with Rose about this whole situation. "Really, I don't. All I want to do is keep her safe, keep her near. Not in that shady-ass club of hers with guys and gals that would stab her so much as look at her. All I'm offering her is protection and adventure..."

She sighed and flopped into one of the stools by the bar, resting her head in her hands and going quiet for a moment. After a few contemplative minutes, she sat up with a new sparkle in her eyes.

"I know. I'll make her a bike. A precious bike. One suited exactly for her. I know her measurements, I know her sense of style, I know how she wants it to handle. If there's one sure way to get her on the road, it'll be with a bike!"

Raven stood up and looked across the bar. "Alright, boys! Listen up! We're going to collect parts. We don't have near enough in the shop, so we're going to go around collecting parts - doesn't matter who you get them from. Screws, scrap metal, hubcaps, spare tires, rubber, pistons... whatever you can get. Spread out and gather as much as you can. Come back here afterward, and we'll work on building the smoothest machine known to women."

There was a resounding ruckus, upon which most of the men inside the bar vacate the area. Apparently, they're all for this idea. Or at least they're following Raven's plan.

What about you? Do you want to join in too?
Old Posted 02-15-2018, 01:05 PM  
The Weaver of Tales
Default   #3  
After Raven drove off, you watched Rose meander back into Exquisite. Following her through the flowery doors, she settled into a plush couch within the perfumed confines of the first room. Immediately, she was surrounded by two of her girls offering snacks, and one lovely lad who brought her makeup bag. Taking a deviled egg in one hand, she bit it viciously in half as she made short work of the snack. Her makeup bag wound up in her lap as she reapplied her lipstick with stronger-than-necessary strokes of bright red. After a moment, she studied herself in the compact mirror, then slipped everything back into the bag as she adjusted her rose-shaped eyepatch.

"The nerve of that woman!" she exclaimed, causing her employees to draw back a few paces. Her hand moved to the hair of the young man and she pats him a bit, before she dismissed them all. "I'm offering her the chance that very seldom comes to even the most pleasant of my customers, and she turns her nose up at it! Who would refuse a catered date strewn with rose petals and fragrance? URGH! She makes me so... so... irritated sometimes! Ah, but I do love her so."

She fell to contemplation after a moment or two, crossing her legs gracefully on the red-velour fabric — demonstrating just exactly how tight that dress was, and what it did to her legs. "Alright, Raven. Have it your way," she said, suddenly. "If you won't agree to allow me to woo you in the traditional fashion, I'll just have to spring it on you."

Her lips curled into a wicked smile, and her eyes fell half-lidded. "Yes, I think... I can do that. I'd need rose petals. Hundreds of them. Thousands of them. I'll have the catering company try their best at that beastly 'barbecue' she likes, and we'll make a night of it. If I'm forceful enough, she won't be able to resist. Perfect."

Snapping her fingers brought two ladies immediately to her side. "Have a drive set up. Donations of rose petals for vouchers. Buy up some reservations for some of the classier places in town, and offer those on the vouchers. If Raven wants to play hardball, I can play with the best of them. See to it that you store them cold. I want them fresh and bright when I dump them from the ceiling onto her cute little head."

With that, she dismissed the ladies, who went off immediately out the door to do as told. The music in the club switched to a more somber song as Rose's dark look turned to one of contentment.

Will you help her out?
Old Posted 02-16-2018, 05:37 PM  
The Weaver of Tales
Rose grinned as Raven came trudging up to the entranceway of Exquisite in full-on rage. She was adorable when she was angry. That anger melted to confusion as soon as Rose proffered her namesake to the irate woman. Raven paused and clenched the flower as though it was her lifeline on sanity. "What is this all about? I thought you were in trouble...?"

The club-owner flashed a wide smile and made a flourish - upon which the collected rose petals fell in gorgeous chaos all over Raven, all over her bike, and all over Rose. The mobster turned this way and that, trying to figure out what was going on. It was quite clear that she was more than a little confused about this whole thing. "Then the call?"

"A fake, darling. You needed an impetus to get here, and my lovely lad simply provided one." She would have to pay him extra this week - that had been a brilliant idea. "Now that I have you here, though." She moved closer to Raven and slid one arm around her waist. "I have you at odds, I believe. You need a date, I need an excuse to celebrate - and a glass of wine." The older woman chuckled and reached up to brush her thumb across Raven's lips. "And you need to kiss me."

Raven's helmet clattered to the ground from her arms, as she flailed to keep her balance. Rose quite literally swept her off her feet, and it was instinct that made her throw out her arms to grab the other woman. She was a bit woozy from the whole shock of it all. Here she had thought Rose was in real trouble, thanks to a call from one of her employees telling Raven to come right away. This was a bit much to handle. Then again, the way Rose's eyes sparkled in the dying light of the setting sun, and the rose-petals reflected there... It rekindled the feelings she'd had for the woman in the first place. She felt her resolve slipping.

"Rose... I told you time and time again that I don't... I don't..." She sighed and leaned up. "Oh, alright. Just this once. I suppose you've earned it if you put all this together for me."

Both women embraced each other - along with cheering from those of Rose's employees who were outside - and gazed into each other's eyes for a moment before going in for a passionate kiss. Rose squeezed Raven tighter against her, and Raven tangled her fingers in Rose's long hair. This was going to be quite the evening if this was just the start of it.

"Love you, crazy bitch," Rose mumbled into Raven's hair.

"I love you too, pampered princess," Raven muttered back.
Old Posted 03-04-2018, 11:22 AM