Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Pixelist
Default   #1969  
okay, got another phone call and it's been pushed back to next wednesday because i didn't have the papers on hand at the time.

also, i gingerly inform somebody that what they're saying might come off as transmisogynistic (i.e: the whole 'is f*mboy a slur' thing). they proceed to be a fucking dick. (a dick as in 'wheeeeeh this makes me uncomfortable! wheeeeeh challenging my biases is uncomfortable!')

i've had to correct the same fucking person on misgendering wx-78 before. multiple times. and they either throw a tantrum or continue misgendering them. and then, of course, i'm the one that gets bitched at. there's no actions taken on this one guy's part, i'm the one that has to receive a lovely little warning that the admin of an rp server is getting tired of it.

i fucking hate the don't starve fanbase.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 08-13-2020, 11:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidbarker View Post
okay, got another phone call and it's been pushed back to next wednesday because i didn't have the papers on hand at the time.

also, i gingerly inform somebody that what they're saying might come off as transmisogynistic (i.e: the whole 'is f*mboy a slur' thing). they proceed to be a fucking dick. (a dick as in 'wheeeeeh this makes me uncomfortable! wheeeeeh challenging my biases is uncomfortable!')

i've had to correct the same fucking person on misgendering wx-78 before. multiple times. and they either throw a tantrum or continue misgendering them. and then, of course, i'm the one that gets bitched at. there's no actions taken on this one guy's part, i'm the one that has to receive a lovely little warning that the admin of an rp server is getting tired of it.

i fucking hate the don't starve fanbase.
I got to the point where I had to consciously choose to stop being offended by stuff.

The world is a crappy place, and when it comes down to it the things other people say are just words. Words have meaning, of course, but it reflects more on the person saying them than the person hearing them. And if I don't care about a crappy person, then why should I assign any value to the crappy words they say? That only serves to hurt myself more. Crappy people are crappy people, and I can't fix them, so it's not worth sacrificing my own well-being to try.

And if they're not a crappy person, then the only harm is that they used the wrong words for what they actually meant, or they'd gotten the wrong idea about something through no wrongdoing of their own. In either case, that's just a mistake, one that anyone can make, and it's something that can be managed without making the damage any worse. Giving that mistake too much weight just hurts me for something that could have been resolved without the extra pain.

I'm not perfect about it. There are still a few things that push my buttons before I have a chance to make a conscious decision about it, and if I'm already worn down it can be hard to take the step to set it aside. But I've found that the better I get at recognizing when it's not worth the effort, the less often I get worn down like that. It leaves me with more spoons to deal with the things that matter more, like taking care of the people I love or addressing my own issues instead of other people's.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 08-13-2020, 12:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #1971  
i use they/them pronouns. i know people that use they/them pronouns. wx-78 is an important character for both me and another person i know.

it's frustrating to have them be misgendered.

Old Posted 08-14-2020, 12:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Oh certainly, I can't argue with that. As one NB to another, I can totally agree that it's rare to find a character that represents our identities without being either a joke or an unsubtle sledgehammer, and the ones we do find should be praised and respected.

But there's a reason that "someone is wrong on the Internet" is a meme -- you're more likely to burn yourself out trying to correct people than you are to actually get the stubborn ones to change their minds.

If someone makes a mistake and gets it wrong, by all means, let them know. The good folks will do their best to do better. But if they insist on continuing to be wrong? Forget 'em. They're not worth the pain. You can't fix them, and trying will just hurt you more.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 08-14-2020, 09:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #1973  
shitfit -- copy/pasted from discord.

this is for an online banking service. thanks, dad, nice to know that you're about as incompetent with a website as you are at running a fucking shop.

Old Posted 08-15-2020, 10:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
;-; Had a sad/weird dream last night...
I was the worst mermaid princess/maidservant ever. </3 Like, I was both a maid AND the youngest daughter of the king, my dad, but not really my actual dad, just king of the ocean...
I also wanted to read some stories because that was like TV down there underwater, and I loved reading and music. ;u; But I wished I could escape my world and dive into another through a magic mirror, like the one in the book I was reading.
But I had duties. <:c And obligations. I was expected to be polite and help anyone I could.
And everything was a mess, even after I took care of it, I could barely clean up a single area of the royal palace by myself, and ontop of it, not only was nobody appreciative of my efforts, but they were rudely bitter about it.
Diplomatic visitors, royal family, tourists from across the ocean, even the palace guards and workers, all looked at me and commented on how slow I was and what a pathetic excuse for a maid I was, and how I should just give up, and made fun of how small and weak I was.

<:'C My handmaiden was the only one helping me, and she was so worried for me, that it didn't help any. My dad the king was going to have a fit if I wasn't working from morning 'til night. ;n; </3 And the royal princes from all seven seas visiting were all too mean to me or just ignored me...

I went to go rest in my room after my work, and not soon after, a knock came at the door. When I opened it, it was a diplomatic official and several other representatives, royals and paparazzi there all gathered around outside. The diplomat gave me a bunch of papers he said I had to read and sign before I gave them to my dad the king. They also started to kind of act weird when they told me I have to also attach the self-evaluation paper to the front so they know my name and signature is at the front. I said okay, and just watched some of them slowly leave while others stayed put, and shied back into my room...I think they were all holding in laughter, because as soon as I closed the door they all went away quickly, talking to one another, and I heard one snicker.
;_; I just tossed the papers on a shell table and flopped into bed to just cry. </3 It was terrible. I felt like the whole kingdom was against me and nobody liked me...
Why u gotta be so mean to me subconscious mind??? Q-Q </3 Why u gotta suddenly remind me of my crippling insecurity and irrational anxieties???

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 08-15-2020, 12:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #1975  
tumblr broken, it's pissing it down, and i'm this close to breaking down because i'm not getting enough attention.

UPDATE: Yep, definitely the fucking adblock somehow blocking their... cookie consent thing.

i find that fucking hilarious for some reason but at the same time, their site is so poorly coded that even a monkey on a typewriter can do better.

Last edited by Stabbsworth; 08-15-2020 at 01:08 PM. Reason: updated.
Old Posted 08-15-2020, 01:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Had dinner with my dad yesterday. Things were going surprisingly well. Then he called me an anomaly because I'm vegetarian. It's like he just has to find something to criticize every damn time. We can't just have a pleasant visit without him coming up with some negative thing to say about me.
Old Posted 08-18-2020, 11:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1977  
Ugh. We are losing our main facilities person at the end of the month so my boss wants to try to work out a better schedule for my cleaning so I can basically "pick up the slack" until we can hire someone new. Which is fine except I'm already working 40+ hours between my 2 jobs, don't have time to eat lunch between jobs, and am so burned out it's not even funny.
XP
But I think I have an idea on how to make it work anyway without giving up my lone day off per week.
Old Posted 08-20-2020, 02:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Had dinner with my dad yesterday. Things were going surprisingly well. Then he called me an anomaly because I'm vegetarian. It's like he just has to find something to criticize every damn time. We can't just have a pleasant visit without him coming up with some negative thing to say about me.
:( I'm sorry he does that!
I'm vegetarian also and have had my fair share of asshats telling me "you NEED to eat meat!" and such. >:T I don't tell people what they should or shouldn't eat unless they ask me about it! And even then, I don't judge so much on the meat vs. no meat, but rather the "healthy v.s non healthy", I will definitely admit that some people need meat, and there are healthy meats and unhealthy meats like any other kind of food out there!
I've been vegetarian for 5 years, but have been vegetarian on and off since I was 14 years old. My parents never really commented on it, even to this day, but I guess it was expected that eventually I would stop eating meat altogether because I felt really good when I wasn't eating meat.

My awful;
I'm in a lot lot of pain right now. Cramps, but for some reason, my period doesn't want to start as the pain is getting worse. It's annoying because it feels like I'm going through all this pain for no reason.
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 08-21-2020, 02:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #1979  

copy/pasted from discord.

i always have to remember these things.

Old Posted 08-22-2020, 09:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Sorry about those struggles on Discord, Voidbarker :(

My awful;
I have had the last straw with my medication!
It causes me to drool excessively and it's ruined too many of my possessions! I sleep with a plushie, I have many, so I switch off different plushies each night.. Well, my drooling has gotten my plushies dirty! I have had to buy at least three different pillows within months because my drooling has ruined my pillows! And the last straw happened today... I had my phone under my pillow, the drool RUINED my PHONE! Like, it still works, but the screen is all f*cked up!

It's so annoying! I need to come off this medication like... yesterday! >:T
It's ruining my clothes, my sheets, my pillows, my plushies... now its ruined my phone!
It still works, so I can't be too upset... But I'm sick of all of this drooling! I feel like a zombie.
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 08-22-2020, 02:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #1981  
;_;
Periods suck.
And now I have to work while I'm on it...ugh.
TT_TT </3 I hope I survive. Might tell my supervisor that I'll be a little slower tomorrow. Maybe she'll give me something more sedentary to do. ;n; <3

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 08-23-2020, 01:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I hate when bosses try to make it sound like I'm not doing my job by saying stuff like "a bobby pin was left on the stairs for a week" or "I spilled coffed on the landing and it didn't get mopped up for 5 days".
Like....okay but you do realize that you can just pick up a bobby pin right? It takes all of 2 seconds. And that coffee? No one told me there was a spill and I don't always go up and down both stairwells. In fact, I almost always just use the back stairwell because it's least disruptive to people. So if you didn't send an email or let someone know, how am I supposed to know I need to get it? Also you go up and down that stairwell several times a day so would ot be that hard to just grab a damp towel from the kitchen (because I know you go through there many times per day too) and quickly wipe it? I am not your gd maid. Stop being so lazy or send me a message at least.

((I mean yeah, technically I didn't do my job well to have missed that stuff, but my point is that just because I am the janitor doesn't mean everyone else can't pitch in just a minuscule amount to help keep the place clean or to alert me to spots that need touched up.))
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 08-24-2020 at 02:31 PM.
Old Posted 08-24-2020, 02:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1983  
I hate when customers get pissy at me when I practically yell that I have to go get an item number for an item because they grabbed one that's missing it's barcode several times because "they can't hear a word I'm saying" before I go to get the item number. Like....I get it masks make things harder, but I have practically yelled this at you several times and you're talking perfectly fine with the customers behind you when I come back with the item number so I know it's not all just because of my mask. D8<

It's just absolutely frustrating when people gwt bitchy at me because they have to wear a mask for a 15-30 minute shopping trip when I have to wear my mask for 5 hours straight. Like bitch, if anyone deserves to be pissy, it's me so how 'bout we all just chill out and stop taking your frustrations out on your cashiers, 'kay?
Old Posted 08-26-2020, 05:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
I keep having some sad dreams...like, my subconscious is bullying me in my sleep.
;-; </3

My brain is giving me something cool at first like, "Wah! Hey! Cool! You're at the RWBY season 9 first showing, this is awesome! You're cosplaying as your OC with tons of other fans! Alright! Isn't this gonna be great?"

And then the next moment it was like, "Huh. Wow. Look there's no seats left for you. :] What's this? Trying to make friends? Nope. Nobody wants to be friends with you. Why aren't they talking with you? Why aren't they looking at you? I guess it's because they hate you and your cosplay sucks because it's not in the show. Oh well, have a seat by them anyway! Maybe you'll have a nice time. Oh! Well, look at that, they all moved away from you to sit somewhere else! :D They must really not like you! Wow! Well, now you have all the seating you want! Enjoy the show...with nobody...you loser."

Q_Q And then I woke up like..."oh. thanks for that...perfect way to wake up in the morning...knowing I'll never have the friendships like my brother has...and nobody likes my character." </3

Old Posted 08-27-2020, 12:32 AM Reply With Quote