Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

-
Default   #625  
@Coda
How old is your son?
It seems like Minecraft is the popular wishlist item for Christmas this year.

@Salone
Those mine cart rides sound pretty cool! :o
Exploring the world without having to walk sounds like my type of thing. XD
.___.
Buying: NATM
Questing: Event Items 13/19
Miniature Fairy Wings, Immortal Worlds, Eye Sore Current Funds:0 Au.
Updated: 12/16/16 08:55 PM
Old Posted 12-06-2015, 04:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
He's 8 now, been playing Minecraft for around a year and a half.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-06-2015, 04:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #627  
Minecraft is all the rage with kids.

I used to maintain a minecraft server, but I kind of lost interest in it, so I gave someone else the world data, and let them maintain it instead.
Old Posted 12-06-2015, 07:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I've got a private server or four running on one of my computers, and Jason just discovered that a chunk error wiped out part of a nice theater I built. :( I'm going to have to see if I can recover it from backup or if I'm going to have to rebuild it from scratch.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-06-2015, 08:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Default Minecraft   #629  

I saw a Minecraft thread but it hasn't been posted in for nearly three years so I hope that making another will be ok. If not then feel free to lock this and sorry for the trouble!

Anyways... Does anyone else here place Minecraft? I only picked it up back in September because the kid that I watch is in love with it. I started playing it more while watching him then decided to purchase myself a digital copy on my Xbox One. If anyone wants to play together feel free to send me a PM with your gamertag. ^^

I have a couple survival saves going on right now and a few creative ones because sometimes building stuff for a hour or so is super relaxing and fun!

What's your favorite thing to do in Minecraft? Any tips for building that you would give to a newbie?

call me grem
they/them
Old Posted 12-25-2017, 07:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Actually, we prefer reviving old threads instead of starting new ones, so the new conversation gains the benefit of everything that had been talked about before. So I merged it for you, free of charge, no strings attached!

What's up with using such a small font after commenting on the avatars being so small? XD

I haven't played Minecraft in a while, but I've been thinking about picking it back up. My son just got the New 3DS version for Christmas.

Honestly, my favorite thing to do in Minecraft is Hardcore Mode.

Old Posted 12-25-2017, 10:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Default   #631  
Okay! No worries Coda. ^^

And hey!!! I don't know, I've always used the small font haha. What's hardcore mode like? I haven't played on that yet.

call me grem
they/them
Old Posted 12-25-2017, 11:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
I should probably try and figure out what I had been trying to before I got really busy IRL and had to abandon my world for a while.

I play on my own on PC and have my own little survival world. I want to try out the Skyblocks world mod once I feel a bit more proficient in the game ^_^

I've watched quite a few Minecraft players on youtube over the last few years that sparked my interest in the game.

In memory of Dorian Floyd Corkin 18/04/2007 - 31/07/2007

My Dice Store
Old Posted 12-26-2017, 06:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #633  
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyreen View Post
Okay! No worries Coda. ^^

And hey!!! I don't know, I've always used the small font haha.
I was kidding with you, it's really not a big deal. (The rules say you can't use formatting that makes it hard to read, but your text is still black on white with an easy-to-read font so the size on its own isn't a problem.)

Quote:
What's hardcore mode like? I haven't played on that yet.
It's just like normal survival mode, but if you die your save file is deleted. It gives you a reason to play more defensively because you can't just quickly recover if you get in over your head.

Old Posted 12-26-2017, 02:52 PM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
I am still doing my best to try and solo beat the Ender Dragon in Hardcore mode. I keep dying in the nether, farming Blaze Rods.
LEVEL UP!

Calligraphy + 2
Lathe usage + 4
Gained Obsequiousity Double Damage
Distance from Pomona is now -2000

^^Thank you Isis, my chibi self is BEYOND adorable!^^
Old Posted 01-30-2018, 10:35 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #635  
I was super proud of myself when I managed to pull that off. The fight has gotten harder since then. I kinda want to try again.

But as far as Minecraft bosses go... I... uh... I overdid it a little when I went after the Wither in Hardcore mode. >.> I was scared of it. So I prepared.

I made a bunch of potions and four iron golems, then I made an obsidian prison to spawn the Wither inside. I planted the last Wither skull, ducked and covered, and then there were a bunch of explosions and a couple seconds of chaos and then the fight was over before I even got to do anything more than drink a potion to heal from the initial blast.

After the Wither died, my golems all collapsed from withering damage. I only survived because I used a potion of regeneration to keep up with the ongoing damage.

So... the hardest fight in the game, should have been a big epic difficult fight, reduced to a couple seconds of lag and a mad scramble to not die afterward.

Old Posted 01-30-2018, 11:21 AM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
I feel like that's just a prerequisite though. You have no one else to help mitigate the agro and you can only do so much while getting shot at and ran into by the Wither.

Did you go and conquer a Sea Monument as well?
LEVEL UP!

Calligraphy + 2
Lathe usage + 4

Old Posted 01-30-2018, 11:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #637  
They didn't exist at the time. I went in with a friend in one of the snapshots when they were new -- in a non-hardcore world -- and we died quite a few times in the process. (The Depth Strider enchantment wasn't a thing yet, so it was a major slog.)

Tip: Stick fenceposts on the wall or ceiling to make air bubbles. Doors are also good ways to make air bubbles. Remember to bring lots of glowstone.

Old Posted 01-30-2018, 01:47 PM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
Why not just use night vision potions instead of Glowstone?
LEVEL UP!

Calligraphy + 2
Lathe usage + 4

Old Posted 01-30-2018, 03:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #639  
To keep enemies from respawning once you've cleared a room out.

Old Posted 01-30-2018, 04:02 PM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
To keep enemies from respawning once you've cleared a room out.
Ohhhhhh yeah that'd be helpful haha.
LEVEL UP!

Calligraphy + 2
Lathe usage + 4

Old Posted 01-31-2018, 03:57 PM Reply With Quote