Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Lazy
Default   #33  
^ I AGREE WITH THIS.

Its highly unprofessional.
Old Posted 11-22-2010, 04:23 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
With Solia I feel like the site is being run by people with the emotional stability of a 12 year old given more power than they can handle.

I mean the site looks great, the admins can be nice people, but the way they run the site is just... immature. That's pretty much why I left. -shrug-
ಠ_ಠ
Old Posted 11-22-2010, 04:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #35  
I agree with you there. - n-
Old Posted 11-22-2010, 04:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Time Agent
@Xia Again, I think most places do that. Though staff on Solia have been demoted due to unfairness. I know of one mod who knowingly looked the other way and was demoted.

I don't see much of a difference. It all has to do with peoples feelings and effecting judgements due to them. Yes, it would be wonderful if that never happened but it does in all walks of life.

I was talking about how they've become more strict about how users act in the support and feedback forums.

@DMS It would be nice but it rarely happens. Plus, even if the admins dislike you I still believe they have reasons for bannings. The only thing is they might ban you for less but if you do nothing I don't think you'll be banned.

I just really don't see immaturity from the staff. I also don't see how the way the run the site is immature. When I think of an admin acting immature I think of Alex with Chloria not how Solia is run. Maybe it's just me but I understand the admins reasoning on the decisions they make.
------
Old Posted 11-22-2010, 04:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #37  
Still doesn't make it right, and thus I refuse to just see it as "oh, whatever, I got banned for a totally unfair reason, shit happens". 8\

It's whatever, Solia means pretty much nothing to me now, anyways.
Been there for 2-3 years, and now I'm done~
Old Posted 11-22-2010, 04:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Time Agent
@Xia I never said it was right, I said it happens and you can't bitch about it happening on one site and not another.

I'll also be honest and say that looking back through your posts on Solia you did a few things that violated the ToS and should have gotten you warned. I saw some spamming, though not a great deal though still some, and an instance of not leaving a thread after you were asked to leave. Both of those things should get you a warning on Solia and I only looked back maybe 7 or 8 pages. You may not like this but I see reasons for you to be warned if not banned. Especially if those were not the first instances of such things.
------
Old Posted 11-22-2010, 04:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #39  
Its never happened to me on any other site besides Solia. So yes, I can bitch about it all I want so long as it doesn't go overboard, thanks. You ask me questions and I'm answering them, also.

That's great, and you know what? I was banned anyways. They could have handled it more professionally. And plus, does that make it fair that when, after I was banned, I was obeying the rules and STILL got banned? No, it doesn't.

Also, I find it amusing/flattering that you're taking the time just to read through a bunch of my old posts just to prove....whatever point you're trying to prove. Or to defend Solian admin....either way lol.
Last edited by xia; 11-22-2010 at 05:00 AM.
Old Posted 11-22-2010, 04:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
I'm going to change the subject now, not because "ooooh I really did have a reason to be banned" because you're right, I did, but others were also banned unjustly as well. e__e

On another note, I'm glad we can all agree Alex is a shitty admin. Yeah, can't say I really appreciate being demodded without any reason or warning, and we know his little "new start" is just a cover-up.
Last edited by xia; 11-22-2010 at 05:03 AM.
Old Posted 11-22-2010, 04:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Time Agent
Default   #41  
It happens on Gaia all the time. It happens in life all the time.

I also don't think you can make an accurate conclusion on the maturity/professionalism or lack there of, of a person based on one instance. That's why I go around and ask for stories and opinions from people. So far I have had every, single banned person tell me they were banned unfairly. I'm much more of the opinion that they were banned because of reasons they refuse to admit to or maybe don't honestly know where they did violate ToS. It's pretty much human nature to want to blame others rather than yourself. Now I'm not saying you weren't banned unfairly but I'm not willing to say you were either. I can't really make a fair judgment based on only your testimony and I can't ask Iscariot due to the rule against discussing bans. I will continue to compile data though.

Maybe they could have. I don't know exactly what was going through their minds. Maybe they thought they were professional about it. Maybe you just didn't interpret it that way but others would.

What do you mean? You went on a mule after your main was perma banned and the mule was banned? It's against ToS to use a mule after one of your accounts was perma banned. That's actually true on most, if not all, sites. Including ones like Gaia.
------
Old Posted 11-22-2010, 05:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Time Agent
I wish this place had a way to see what posts happened after you started to post like Solia does...>_>

People do slip through the cracks. It happens. They're human. They're not going to be perfect.

O God yes. I can agree with that. I'm definately not donating to Chloria any more.
------
Old Posted 11-22-2010, 05:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #43  
Still doesn't justify it. I don't know why you keep repeating that "it just happens" as if I'm supposed to be like "oh, you're right, it just happens, I guess I should just adapt to unprofessional people and being treated like shit", which will NEVER happen.

I will admit that my XIA account was banned fairly. The rest I had however, were not. Most of the events I am referring to are ones that occurred on my mules.

Ahahahahah, that's funny, since Stitches was banned, made another account, and now he's a mod! I'm pretty sure it wasn't against the rules on Solia. It might be a different story if you're continuing to "troll" or do bad shit, but I hadn't done anything like that on my accounts thereafter because back then I still really wanted to stay on Solia. They even gave me a "second chance" which I apparently blew because I made some comments regarding the lolita/Dolly items.
Last edited by xia; 11-22-2010 at 05:10 AM.
Old Posted 11-22-2010, 05:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arix View Post
I wish this place had a way to see what posts happened after you started to post like Solia does...>_>

People do slip through the cracks. It happens. They're human. They're not going to be perfect.

O God yes. I can agree with that. I'm definately not donating to Chloria any more.
I'm still not going to accept that. Being "human" isn't an excuse to treat people unfairly.
Old Posted 11-22-2010, 05:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Time Agent
Default   #45  
You'll have to adapt or you won't survive in the world. Shit happens and you have to deal with it. There will be people who will treat you like crap and you have to deal with it. They will be your bosses and people you have to listen to.

Really? What was his original account?

It's not an excuse, it's a reason and an explanation. People make mistakes. That's life and you have to deal with it.

It probably would be best to just stop now seeing as I don't think we can ever agree and I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying in some instances.
------
Old Posted 11-22-2010, 05:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Wild Tiger
I think Menewsha and Roliana have hideous avatars.
Solia's avatars are the prettiest but the site is boring.
Gaia is still my favourite.

And at the moment I'm waiting for Malthea. I've been stalking the blog for months.

Another small site I like is Crysandrea.
The layout is very pretty and easy on the eyes. But it's also very small and quiet there.

Old Posted 11-22-2010, 05:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #47  
I don't really like Crysandrea's avatars or site. u__u
Old Posted 11-22-2010, 12:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Wild Tiger
Oh, I kinda like them. But Solia's are still the prettiest in my opinion.
I just wish the site was more interesting.

Old Posted 11-22-2010, 01:17 PM Reply With Quote