Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Lynx Rufus
Default   #17  
Yes but I still love to movies, though we no longer have a VHS player
Old Posted 01-03-2012, 01:14 PM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Hello there! This is probably a dead conversation, but I just wanted to take the time to mention two of my favorite princesses, Snow White and Rapunzel. I love Rapunzel's character design and color combination of lavender purple and gold, as well as her association with the sun (I love the sun, moon, and stars) and her signature purple dress. However, I also love Snow White's striped puffy sleeves (for whatever reason I'm a sucker for those kinds of sleeves on princess dresses) and trademark white collar, especially when accompanied by her red cape and red hair bow. I know I'm mostly kind of partial to these characters based on aesthetics, but I just love their designs and outfits.
Love and Kisses
Old Posted 06-08-2017, 01:26 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #19  
:0 I found this thread while browsing media and see it's been going on for a few years. xD

I love the princesses, I grew up on them. :3 My favorite was always changing when I was a kid. xD First it was Snow White, then it was Ariel, then Jasmine... I think, anyway. o_O

But now I know my favorite and it's gonna stay that way. XD Brave grew on me a lot over time and Merida's definitely my favorite. :3 But I do love Mulan, Rapunzel, and Snow White as well. Moana's one of my favorites, too, though she hasn't joined the lineup yet.

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 12-29-2017, 03:47 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I got a kick out of Robot Chicken's Disney Princess War. Ariel, Snow White, Jasmine, Aurora and Cinderella vs. Merida, Tiana, Mulan, Rupunzel, and Belle. (Pocahontas and Tinkerbell make cameos.)

Not kid friendly though.
Old Posted 12-29-2017, 05:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Haunted AND the thing that haunts you!
Default   #21  
Ironically, Anastasia, a film misconceived as a Disney film, has recently become one as Disney has purchased Fox.
I presume that has added Anastasia herself to the official Disney princesses.
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 04-11-2018, 08:32 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I can't help but wonder if people would take issue with Anastasia being called a Disney Princess given she was real person and people (I assume) are still debating what happened to her.

The same of sorts can be said of Mulan but I'm not really sure enough of her story to say how close it remains to real life.
Old Posted 04-13-2018, 06:37 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #23  
I don't consider Anastasia a Disney anything, even though Disney bought Fox. The movie was still made by Fox, so she's still a er, Fox Princess. XD

Now, if Disney makes their own Anastasia movie, then we can talk. :P

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 04-14-2018, 03:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
I can't help but wonder if people would take issue with Anastasia being called a Disney Princess given she was real person and people (I assume) are still debating what happened to her.
No. That debate has been settled.

In 2007 her's and her brother's DNA were conclusively identified in a previously undiscovered grave near the site where the rest of the family's remains were found in 1991.

The film is pure fiction.
The real Romanav murders were nothing resembling what was depicted.

https://www.biography.com/people/anastasia-9184008

Quote:
The same of sorts can be said of Mulan but I'm not really sure enough of her story to say how close it remains to real life.
If it's telling in chapter 2 of the novel 'Warrior Woman' is accurate then not close at all. It's not Disney friendly.
~ Red Rum She Said
Last edited by RedRum; 04-14-2018 at 04:54 AM.
Old Posted 04-14-2018, 04:44 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #25  
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRum View Post
The film is pure fiction.
Considering it involves sorcery and singing bugs, I would assume as much.

No idea about Mulan other than it's based off Chinese legend, but "Kid friendly" hasn't exactly been important to Disney all the time. Things get re-worked as needed (eg. The Little Mermaid or Hunchback of Notre Dame, so I hear). I'm not talking about accuracy though, but just what they decide to make a movie out of. Greece was none too pleased with the Disney rendition of Hercules.
Old Posted 04-15-2018, 03:07 AM Reply With Quote  
Quote:
Considering it involves sorcery and singing bugs, I would assume as much.

No idea about Mulan other than it's based off Chinese legend
That's what the telling in 'Warrior Woman' would imply but that's where my knowledge ends as well.

Quote:
"Kid friendly" hasn't exactly been important to Disney all the time. Things get re-worked as needed (eg. The Little Mermaid or Hunchback of Notre Dame, so I hear). I'm not talking about accuracy though, but just what they decide to make a movie out of.
That's what I'm saying, Disney essentially doesn't use the source material but rather reimagines it with vague references.

Quote:
Greece was none too pleased with the Disney rendition of Hercules.
I imagine that neither were the Powhatan people with Pocahontas.
Disney outright dismissed their offer of consultation in favor of a rendition that romanticized a tragedy in blatant disrespect of Native American history and of a young woman's suffering.

I didn't realize that about Hercules.

Once again illustrating my above point that they don't really use the source material.
~ Red Rum She Said
Last edited by RedRum; 04-22-2018 at 03:12 PM.
Old Posted 04-16-2018, 02:34 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #27  
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRum View Post
Once again illustrating my above point that they don't really use the source material.
I wasn't arguing against it. Just saying that it's one thing to take fictional material, and another to use history and religion.

The issue with Hercules was that they pretty much re-wrote a pile of Greek legends and myths without thought to how relevant that all is to Greek culture.

Same thing with Pocahontas from one side, though some people disagree. Apparently the man who voiced her father in the movie thought it was ultimately beneficial because they flat out admitted that Europeans came to North America with the intention of exploiting resources and such, and it shows the culture clash.

But this is not stuff about Princesses.

I've been waiting to hear how the new TV Princess Elena was received. That's my niece's name so we've been half expecting her to want to be called "Princess" now. But then, she's a pick about anyone else using the same name as her.

I kinda like the sneaky trick they pulled in The Fog Princess with Tiana though. Princess by marriage. ;)
Old Posted 04-17-2018, 12:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Quote:

I kinda like the sneaky trick they pulled in The Fog Princess with Tiana though. Princess by marriage. ;)
I thought that was clever as well.
I'd been braced for disappointment when Tiana announced that she and Naveen wanted to remain frogs. I wasn't a fan of the Brother Bear films ending on essentially the same note.
It even surprising them was part of what made that great though.
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 04-22-2018, 03:17 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #29  
Never did see Brother Bear, but I did chuckle at the moose.
Old Posted 04-23-2018, 03:04 AM Reply With Quote  
It's a good movie with an amazing soundtrack by Phil Collins.
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 04-23-2018, 06:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #31  
old classic stuff, snow white, sleeping beauty etc.
I Have Been Robbed! Please Donate to my GoFundMe!

YouTube Video Fund
GoFundMe Donations

AmericanGoingCrazy Youtube Channel

Trying to get a youtube channel started! View & Subscribe & My Buddies!

2thankyou4watching
Old Posted 08-11-2019, 10:31 PM Reply With Quote