Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Queen of Typoes
Default   #5473  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Ah....that makes a bit more sense. I legit didn't make that connection and was just like "why not the ravelympics?". XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
'cause the actual olympics got on their ass with a copyright strike.
yep, what Den said.
google Ravelympics, and there's a few stories from June of 2012 that will gladly tell you everything you need to know

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 07-25-2021, 09:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
It got pretty ugly for a bit back then.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 07-27-2021, 07:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #5475  
i've only read about it - my first Ravellenics was only in 2016

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 07-27-2021, 07:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam I am View Post
And Tam actually drowns out the neighbour's loud music for a moment with a squee.

Er, did anybody look at my pictures? I mean besides peeps who saw them when I spammed them in other forums. I was hoping for critique or feedback on the little blue and white doll.
Totally missed that link in your last post. As someone who is kind of creeped out by most human dolls, I'm probably not the right person to give feedback. The longer, skinnny arms/legs give it an "elf on the shelf" vibe. It's not for me, but is cute.

Custard still needs wings attached (I paused on that to start glove prototyping for my next big project), but depending on my energy level after work, may finish her up tonight. And have a couple ideas for the macaron, so first need to transfer the pattern to my computer, then go digging for yarns, which will probably be what I do on my day off as I really need to muck out my closet again anyway to reorganize and get to most of my yarn. (Before and after pics maybe if everyone promises not to shame me for how bad the before pic is... ;>.>)

Also...glove so far:
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 07-28-2021 at 11:47 AM.
Old Posted 07-28-2021, 11:44 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5477  
o.o I won't show you the EBB (elves behaving badly, a British spoof on shelf elf).

Being able to work all the glove fingers at once= cooooool.

...No chance of shaming coming from me. You might get an awed or amused comment, but it won't be for shaming. *ducks my head to peer toward my work area, with things sitting on the floor around my chair, including two separate yarn bowls with the yarn or thread for projects in them*
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 07-28-2021, 08:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I mean....my closet is a good solid knee-high to waist-high pile from the front to back of bags and boxes full of fabric, yarn, assorted craft supplies, and some toys I need to put up on Ebay eventually to sell. But it's also a fairly narrow closet so... *shrug*
Old Posted 07-28-2021, 08:23 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5479  
And the only reason mine doesn't look like that is because of periodic snitfits where I hysterically give away even stuff I like and can use. It's crafting life. *hug*

...What kind of toys?
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 07-28-2021, 09:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Lost Kitties.

I've been collecting them since shortly after they came out, but they're "blind box" toys so I've got a ton of dupes and only 2 complete collections/editions (out of 11).
If my count is correct:
Series 1 has 2 collections, the main set and the XL carton set
Series 2 has 5 collections (main set, Easter sparkle edition set, Itty Bitty set, Kit-Twins set, and XL carton set
Series 3 has 4 collections, 2 of which were split into 2 "waves" for release, half coming out in late 2019/early 2020 and the other half...never being released (main set, mini cheese wheel set, cheese can set, and XL carton set.

...and I'm 90% sure that they were discontinued halfway through the last series when covid hit because I haven't seen any of the second release/batch toys from that series online anywhere and they haven't been in stores anywhere since this time last year so I'll probably have to buy on Ebay to fill in my partial collections.

Tldr; Really cute little cat toys that were discontinued part-way through the last series that I desperately want to collect all of. XD
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 07-29-2021 at 12:01 AM.
Old Posted 07-28-2021, 11:29 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5481  
*peers toward my shelf of small critters* I had the spaghetti guy, but I think I gave him away. Do you want me to try and see if I can get some you need? I saw them on sale yesterday at the drug store.

Also, do you happen to have an extra of the guy in the sweater? I don't collect Lost Kitties, but quirky small animals live all over my bookshelf. Also, have you seen the Purrista kitties? I've got a couple of the little bead ones, and find them adorable.

I finished putting together a big kitty doll this morning. Now I just need to sometime make her a magic girl outfit, make a little book with her story in it, and then set her on the dollies for gifting or selling shelf. Oh, and bribe someone to make her a face or woman up and try to do it myself.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Last edited by Tam I am; 07-29-2021 at 07:22 PM.
Old Posted 07-29-2021, 07:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Hmmmm....depends on which ones they have really. I discovered with the lost kitties toys, they actually have numbers imprinted in the cartons/printed on containers that indicate which kitty is inside so in an effort to not get as many dupes, I've been trying to use those when purchasing. Though I didn't start until partway through the series 2 cartons.
Tl;dr: If it's series 1 cartons, no need, I have all those (though that's the series the sweater kitty is from), but if it's series 2 small cartons, yes please! And if it's any others, I can send a list of known numbers if you want to help prevent dupes. XD
(And pic examples of numbers for identifying purposes lol.)

Unfortunately, I don't have a spare of the sweatwr kitty. I bought it on Ebay as it was one of just a few I needed from series 1 still so it was easier and cheaper than trying to track it down in the cartons.

Yes! I bought a few of the big purrista dolls (I have a dupe of one if you want it (pic coming once I get home tonight), and several of the little marble kitty ones, which are adorable, but I don't think I'll make an effort to collect them all as idk what to actually do with them. XD
But I have enough of the meowbles to probably make a little garland I can hang off a shelf in my eventual craft corner.

Awww kitty doll! What kind of face do you want for it?
Old Posted 07-30-2021, 12:00 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5483  
Hopefully they'll still be in the store after this heat wave has passed or gotten livable. I'll check which series it is.

It's my friend who loves the big purrista girls. I just like the little round ones, and the accessories the little round ones came with.

Oh, simple and kitty. Her eyes will have to be crochet or embroidered, because I already sewed her together. I know what her name is, though if she moves on she might not keep that, but that's okay.

Oh, speaking of kitties, I was going to ask if I could buy a pair of cat eyes from you for a future feline project, since I have a whole book of patterns, and I've found the patterns work well. There's one cute little cat who uses the cat eyes.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 07-30-2021, 06:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Hope you get someone to make the kitty's face, I look forward to seeing when it's done.

And of course, what size and color do you need?
Old Posted 07-30-2021, 08:24 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5485  
:D The face in the book is pretty simple. I might just try that when it's not so brain melting hot outside.

Small as you have, and what colours do you have?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 07-30-2021, 08:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Smallest I have in the slit-pupil/cat eye style is 10mm
These are the colors I have (pics are easier than trying to list them all):

Old Posted 07-31-2021, 12:12 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5487  
First picture, closest to where your pinkie joins your palm. They look like the classic beer colour cat eyes.

Temps in the range of 38C is what it's supposed to feel like tomorrow. Hopefully I've misremembered and exaggerated that, but I'm too baked to want to go look. XD Work today was weird, but ice water and lots of sweets helped.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 07-31-2021, 09:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Yeah, that picture doesn't do those eyes justice, but they're kind of a subtle charcoal/antique gold duochrome effect. Very good for a cat's eyes.
For the record, idk if they ship to Canada or if it would be very expensive, but I get all my eyes at: glasseyesonline.com They're a great company in, I think, South Carolina and they've got a ton of eyes in many sizes and styles. Even if you prefer getting the eyes through me, you can always pick eyes you like online and I can order them and send them or just send them if I already have them. XD

I have been lazy and didn't finish my craft list by the end of the month like I was supposed to (per my friend trying to help me set/keep to deadlines). But I'm super close still. Buuuut...misplaced my good yarn needles which is kind of a problem as I need one of them to finish all the projects I was supposed to do anyway. XP

Gonna try to be a little productive tonight after work and track down my yarn needles again so I can get at least 1 done this weekend though.
Old Posted 08-01-2021, 03:12 PM Reply With Quote