Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Icy Footed
Default   #1841  
Yaaay Ava! :D
I love it when that happens, finding old books I used to read as a kid... -u- Nostalgic. <3

Actual awesome: It's DONE!!!!!! 8D I finished the Prologue and what a LONG Prologue it is!! 8[ 51 pages! And I have yet to edit the darn thing. <x'D
Oh, I should probably explain, <u<; It's the prologue to my demon prince story. It's supposed to be a fantasy epic...but although it's short, er, long, it's not exactly long enough to be its own stand-alone thing. :/ Since there's not really a resolution. It ends with him GOING to make his resolution, which WOooon't be like how he thinks it'll go down...>u>;;

The whole prologue is just his childhood... ;-; his brutal brutal childhood. Also how he got as strong as he got and developed his abilities as well as connections with friend, his only family and total strangers. ;u; Guh!...I just want happiness for him! Happiness for my darkness boi! <3 ;~; He's not gonna get it for such a long time thouuuughhh, it makes me so sorry for him! </3 But I ended the Prologue on a really good note tho. :) I'm glad I can write a satisfying ending, I always struggled with it.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 09-22-2020, 02:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
OOOOO! Merskelly! I didn't know you were writing a story! :D
That's super exciting!! It sounds really good too. c:

I agree with that notion though, that the ending is the hardest part to write! >n<
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 09-22-2020, 02:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #1843  
:D I didn't know either. XD
I just started working on it, since I sort of abandoned it earlier in the year for other projects. Though I'm glad it's done. o3o I pushed through page after page and 20 chapters, hooh! <xD It's children's novel long, but that's okay! I'm just glad I don't have to write any more except to edit it and get feedback on it.

;.; Silos is such a good good boi, but he's a hybrid, being half demon, so he sometimes does awful dark things as per his nature, but as he grows he overcomes most of it, and it's so wholesome and I want him to succeed, ;~; He's demonic, but he not bad! <3

Edit: Update! :D If anyone wants to read it...
...;u;
It's in my Files of Wordstuffs under Whatever Else (Misc)...well, at least the first 3 chapters of it. <x]

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Last edited by Merskelly Metalien; 09-22-2020 at 08:30 PM.
Old Posted 09-22-2020, 02:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
It sounds like such a fun story! :O

I like stories about misfits or people who are different. I, myself... am strange and unusual. uwu
Well, I consider myself a misfit if anything. xD
Are there any trigger warnings I should look out for before I read it? :O

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 09-22-2020, 10:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Default   #1845  
Aaay, that's from Beetlejuice! :D <3

And hmmm, <:/ *thinks for a moment* I don't think there is really anything too triggering. In the first 3 chapters?...just a couple mentions of dismemberment. Not even graphic language or profanity. <x] It's a fantasy world, so there's no f*** this and sh*t that anywhere. I tried being more expansive with insults and interjections.

Old Posted 09-23-2020, 02:18 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Yeah!!! Haha! I used to be a fan go Beetlejuice. uwu Still am, just less so! xD

Ooo! That sounds great. :D I'm usually pretty easily triggered, so I have to ask about things before I read them. u_u Even with movies or TV shows, I have to double triple check the spoilers so I don't have any surprise triggers. :(

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 09-23-2020, 06:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #1847  
yaay Beetlejuice!

i have this wallet. this is the inside. :D

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 09-23-2020, 07:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
@ Ava:
<x] I am the opposite usually. I don't tend to have many triggers, and I do a pretty good job of getting through a bunch of tough scenes and stories without being triggered. <.< I can understand tho the stuff in Hateful Eight being triggering and tough to sit through. I have a friend that can't sit through Pulp Fiction due to their triggers and discomforts. <:/
My triggers are super specific and usually only occur irl situations. Like one of my major triggers is people yelling at me or throwing shame and blame on me, because that's a lot of what my ex-friend used to do. >n>; But if I see it in movies happening to another character in a story, I can better connect with that person, <:/ cause I understand how it feels. It has a stronger impact, but I don't have the flee instinct that would trigger my anxiety. <X/

There are other people out there that are very sensitive though, so I have to remember to be aware of that. <:/ Which is why I don't like to talk without thinking first. :)
Since you got through reading my "When you were my Friend..." a while back, I think you'll be fine Ava with the first 3 chapters. ^_^ It's not nearly as personal and rough as that was. :D And it's a fantasy, so even though the prologue only really explores demonkind, it touches also on goblins and dragons. ^U^

@ Trystan: That is a COOL wallet! xD I love it! Does your money read like stereo instructions? x'D

Old Posted 09-23-2020, 07:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #1849  
thanks! i got it at Hot Topic. :)

lol, no, it doesn't. i only have $4 in there anyway... i use my debit card for all my purchases these days, including money in my apps, like starbucks.

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 09-23-2020, 07:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
x) I have a man's wallet. It's plain and black, fits into my back pocket easy, and has no place for change, only a few bills, cards and ID.

Old Posted 09-23-2020, 08:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #1851  
yeah, i have a billfold in my drawer... haven't used it for many many moons though. the bag i carry is a fjallraven kanken backpack, actually. i really like it.

the thing is, i LOVE looking at bags, and i have a few too many purses and handbags. i got the kanken in the fall of 2018, i'm pretty sure, and while I've looked at other bags, i haven't bought one since. o_O

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 09-23-2020, 08:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Derpy's Tubby Nugget buddy and my pins arrived yesterday! And also the coffee place gave me my latte for free today, which helps immensely since I only have $16 in my bank account until hopefully tomorrow. Friday at the latest.
Old Posted 11-04-2020, 03:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #1853  
My psychiatrist talked to me today and I am taking my last dose of clozapine really soon!
I'm so excited! I had so many side effects with that medication, and I'm getting much better...

I'm still taking medication, but I'm on a different one now than that one.

I'm just so proud of myself, I'm doing well in therapy now and I think, who knows?, maybe in time I'll be able to manage my "mental illness" without medication at all. or at least, without daily medication. I could survive with being on just a PRN..

I'm just so proud of myself. I've been managing my stress pretty well, had this happened to me three years ago, I would have been in the hospital several times by now. My last hospitalization was in 2018! This has been the longest I have been out of the hospital!

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 11-05-2020, 11:05 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
After a mentally exhausting week I actually feel a lot better today.

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 11-08-2020, 01:55 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #1855  
It feels good to have a clean room for once.
Sometimes it's really hard for me to keep things clean, but when I finally do bite the bullet and clean, it feels really nice. Like a weight off my shoulders and I feel clear-minded even.

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 11-15-2020, 09:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
i'm almost 3/4 of the way through the word count on my NaNo. not bad for not knowing where the heck my story is going. i'm spending a LOT of time on my one main character, mainly because i don't really know that much about my other main character. oops.

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 11-17-2020, 12:02 AM Reply With Quote