Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Posty McPostsALot
Default Concert Experiences   #1  

I've recently been attending a lot of concerts and I want to share some experiences on here. I figured some other users may be interested in doing the same so I created this thread.

Share one bad and one good experience, if you want to!

Bad experience

Good Experience

Old Posted 02-23-2017, 05:15 PM Reply With Quote  
"Where to, Miss? To the Stars."
Oh, I love concerts. I've only been to a few because I don't have much money but hopefully, I'll get to go to more when I get the chance. My last concert was Not So Silent Night last December in Oakland, CA. It was a beautiful and amazing experience, and I got to see Blink-182 for the first time!

Mosh pits..I've been in a mosh pit once, but not at a concert, at a rave. It was an all-ages rave (weird, i know)...I was a teeny-tiny 16 year old and a bunch of dudes were running into each other really aggressively around me, and I realized I was smack dab right into the middle of a mosh pit.

I felt so weird and anxious...so I threw up. xD

I will remember that forever.

:[
Old Posted 03-15-2017, 09:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Default   #3  

Wow, Blink-182? You're so lucky! That must have been amazing. Sorry to hear about your experience at the rave, at least it's a funny-ish story to tell now?

I'm going to see Bring Me The Horizon and Underoath tonight... been waiting years for this opportunity. I've been listening to Underoath since I was a wee little angsty emo teenager and I'm probably going to cry when they play. I hope that it's a good experience, I know BMTH does walls of death and the mosh pits can get intense so I'm probably going to get reeeeal close for Underoath but back off immediately for BMTH.

I bought tickets for Tool this morning too.. or er my mom did. They're going to be a birthday gift since the concert is around my birthday so I got lucky. Otherwise I couldn't afford it... honestly.

Old Posted 03-17-2017, 11:30 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Saw Linkin Park back in high school, Swollen Members opening. Only concert I've been to in my life so far. Too loud for my poor little sensitive ears. The fun part I most remember was dressing up in atypical clothes for me (cargo pants, t-shirt, and make-up with my sister twisting my hair into fake dreads) and standing in line pre-show actually. The irritating part I remember was this one guy who was singing along with all the songs playing on the speaker outside. He was loud and not very good. He was the only one doing it.

Here's hoping I remember my earplugs, next time.
Old Posted 03-20-2017, 05:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Default   #5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
Saw Linkin Park back in high school, Swollen Members opening. Only concert I've been to in my life so far. Too loud for my poor little sensitive ears. The fun part I most remember was dressing up in atypical clothes for me (cargo pants, t-shirt, and make-up with my sister twisting my hair into fake dreads) and standing in line pre-show actually. The irritating part I remember was this one guy who was singing along with all the songs playing on the speaker outside. He was loud and not very good. He was the only one doing it.

Here's hoping I remember my earplugs, next time.
Holy shit. I'm really jealous. I use to love Linkin Park and actually only started listening to them again recently. I was kinda surprised when I heard one of their most recent albums... it's kinda punky! I'm soooo jealous you saw them. That's a great first concert.

I've realized over times that earplugs are a must! The last time I went to a concert my ears were ringing for two days.. I was so worried but it stopped so I never bothered getting it checked out haha.

I'm sorry to hear some butt singing made your experience less nice. I just saw BMTH and Underoath... the crowd for BMTH was honestly awful and the venue itself was a nightmare. Uuuuuugh.
Old Posted 03-21-2017, 02:15 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
My housemate watches entertainment news and Linkin Park happened to be on, talking about their new album coming out. Hybrid Theory was 17 years ago. Wow.

I will have earplugs this time! My mom is an Adam Lambert fan so for mother's day a bunch of us are taking her to Queen in July.
Old Posted 03-21-2017, 03:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Default   #7  
Yeah, isn't that weird? I was sixteen when I first started listening to them... their music is so old now.

Nice! I hope you have fun and enjoy it. Let me know how it goes.
Old Posted 03-21-2017, 03:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Io, Jupiter
Last concert I went to it was very hot, it smelled like I was at a petting zoo.
that was my last concert, I decided I did not like the crowds at concerts and the smell.
Old Posted 04-15-2017, 11:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #9  
I generally don't go to large/packed concerts. That said, events (like the pagan Masquerade Ball in Pittsburgh) are awesome! Enough room that at one point, while Frenchy and the Punk were playing, a group of skeleton-face-painted people started a long dancing line. (It was sort of like a modern hoedown to caberet music)

...add that performers were doing a fire show of Poi...

If I could dance worth a flip, that would be my kind of thing.

...that and the Catholic/Irish celebration in Knoxville. I really want to be able to stepdance...
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Last edited by Lawtan; 04-15-2017 at 11:50 PM.
Old Posted 04-15-2017, 11:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Huh. Amon Amarth was actually my first-ever concert, three years ago. Was good, minus the fact that the amps blew out seven times. We went from chanting...whatever we were chanting, to WHAT-THE-FUCK.

Second and latest concert (I've only been to two...) was Amaranthe a couple months ago. Funny thing, the same guy sold me my tour shirt during both concerts, and there's a pretty decent chance he recognized me, too.

(Then again, my friend Sharky pointed out that there aren't many tiny asian kids on the metal scene.)
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 04-16-2017, 04:20 AM Reply With Quote