Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

More Magic
Default   #33  
Coming from Gaia to another avatar site can feel a bit odd at first for no other reason than the difference in the amount of features/things to do. Gaia has enough members to keep, most likely, all of the forums at least somewhat active and a number of games for people who don't like to chat, that and you can play said games for as much as you want even when you no longer get gold (the equivalent of Aurum here).

I found adjusting to Trisphee rather easy once I started to actively frequent the site, but this is largely due to the fact that I already became used to smaller, less active avatar sites when I was part of Crysandrea (I just simply adored (and still do) the items and avatars on that site xD, as well as the overall aesthetics :3) so coming back to Trisphee wasn't as hard to adjust as it was when I first made my account here :3.

So, as others have said, you can try to recruit people that have had enough of Gaia's cash pushes and the over inflated gold economy but keeping them will be challenging unless they really like posting and are informed from the get-go that they won't be notified if someone posts in their thread(s) or quotes them ^^;. And those who lurk will probably not last a lot either because there aren't many ways to earn Aurum outside of posting or at least an addictive game they can keep playing even when they don't earn any Aurum for playing it.

Just my opinion/2 cents ^^;.
Old Posted 11-06-2013, 07:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Fresh meat :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakedGewds View Post
Just a head's up, Gaia is heading down the drain and many people are quitting/looking for a new avi site.

I've advertised Trisphee a couple times to people asking for other sites, but if any of you wanna help that'd be a possible way to get more activity.

/random thought
From Gaia RAlDENOVlTCH
I'm done with this site. Everyone, we've had a lot of fun, but I can't take any of THIS anymore...I'm sorry...But that's just the way it is. I Sent Him A Pm With The Link .
Old Posted 11-07-2013, 10:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Derp
Default   #35  
I just wanted to say this -

I have been on gaia for years, and I am one of those people that just flat out pretty much hate the site now. All I see is the stupid announcements "Buy this old monthly for over $100 !" and its ridiculous. The site used to be a great place to go, but now it just.... sucks.
nighty's sig in under construction.
Old Posted 11-07-2013, 03:04 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
i was offline there for two days(i saw the minigame so i have been playing when i am bored) and i got four announcements for flashsales an add for a 'hot' sale and a cleanup sale >x> in two weeks you can make enough money to buy everything for sale for two days on gaia, it is horrible, if i did not like the dressup part i would not go at all(i already dont post there or talk to anyone)
Old Posted 11-07-2013, 04:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Necromancer
Default   #37  
OMG. They have POP UPS to advertise cash shop item.
Welp, I'm gone.

My Main is an '05 account btw.
I've been away for a few months because of College and I come back to that mess. ick.
"Selfish, I suppose. Not to want to spend my entire life screaming on the inside."

Old Posted 11-12-2013, 04:48 PM Reply With Quote  
` Bark At The Moon
I know I recently went back to Gaia, and noticed how freakin' inflated their items have become. It's insane, and definitely not worthwhile, anymore. All the items I did have deflated 10-20mill and the items I used to have inflated, some to even 43mill.
It's definitely Trisphee's chance. The community is fantastic, the items are beautifully designed, and the artists actually listen to their members on what they want, and aren't making them outrageous and out-of-reach.
I know I've sent a few people here, but it seems they've found other sites to put their attention too, myself included. Whoops.
Currently questing: TEA TIME SET

{I'm a male u vu!}
Old Posted 11-13-2013, 01:42 AM Reply With Quote  
More Magic
Default   #39  
@Haze- Yeah, I don't even really have any friends on there anymore save for my few friends from the Twilight forum, and at least one was directed here. Also, is that a robot in your siggy?
Formerly known as Massy Deacon
Current avi: Purple Man from FNAF
Old Posted 11-13-2013, 01:56 AM Reply With Quote  
` Bark At The Moon
@HABIT
Seriously! That's about the same for me too, only the friends I have are the ones I've added on Skype. Ahaha...

It really doesn't help that they've all become cheap jerkoffs who just want money for crappy cosplay items...
Had they actually taken time into their items I think that maybe it'd be worth the 30mill.

And now that they FINALLY HAVE full body wings, they're worth a leg and an arm and your neighbor's first born just to get them...

It is a robot~ That's The Spine from Steam Powered Giraffe. If you haven't heard of them, I suggest checkin' 'em out!
Currently questing: TEA TIME SET

{I'm a male u vu!}
Old Posted 11-13-2013, 01:59 AM Reply With Quote  
More Magic
Default   #41  
Yeah, I know right? It took me forever to get the Slender, Sollux/Mituna horns and Yakisoba Shift items and two of those were actually gifted to me by a friend who is going through some shit now. But all three I would not give away or sell for anything because they have more sentimental value than anything.
I thought that was The Spine. I know nothing of the story behind the characters really other than some are supposed to be robots and there are supposed to be guys that repair them if they need it, and it's a steampunk genre but I have heard some of their music and enjoy that.
Old Posted 11-13-2013, 02:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Full body wings?
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 11-13-2013, 04:10 PM Reply With Quote  
More Magic
Default   #43  
I think he means this:
Old Posted 11-13-2013, 04:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Webcomicker!
I feel like adding back wings was just a last ditch effort to keep users excited and hooked because they have been so much in demand. xP

-----------------------------------
CMYK
Old Posted 11-13-2013, 04:51 PM Reply With Quote  
More Magic
Default   #45  
I would seriously not be the least surprised.
Old Posted 11-13-2013, 05:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Back wings were meant to be something everyone could get through a quest system. The wings being sold for cash are a betrayal.
Old Posted 11-13-2013, 05:19 PM Reply With Quote  
More Magic
Default   #47  
Yeah, ugh. I just don't understand Gaia I really don't.
Old Posted 11-13-2013, 05:45 PM Reply With Quote  
More Magic
Well, the initial way to get back wings (alchemy) was pretty much broken to begin with. Why they couldn't just place all of the recipes in the shop truly eludes me, and them making cash shop items necessary to make most items was a dreadful idea as well >.<...
Old Posted 11-14-2013, 06:07 PM Reply With Quote