Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Pixelist
Default   #17  
gestures to the fact that apple and android / google / whatever the fuck is behind the fucking android phones purposefully slow down the phones after a year or so.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 10-08-2019, 11:07 AM Reply With Quote  
Magic
My last phone I had for about a week and put it in my back pocket and when I pulled it out there was like a hairline fracture along the corners. It looked like this:

I walked around with the phone like that for a year. Then I full on dropped the phone and it landed facedown. Which is a horrific moment. Like you know it might be fucked but you also know maybe it's not. It's schrodinger's phone, both fucked and not fucked until you flip it over and observe it. It was completely shattered. Like so shattered it wasn't usable. You can use a phone with some cracks on the screen but if I used this phone the glass would have messed up my fingers. It was a MESS.

Other than that phone I never had a broken screen. I had my iphone 4 for like five years and when I dropped that one and it died the screen was fine, it just legit died when I dropped it.
Old Posted 10-08-2019, 01:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #19  
Ooo, Claire Bear!
I love your avi :)

Also,
I hate it when phones just shatter.
I dropped my phone in the toilet once and I panicked and had it replaced... But I should have kept it because once it dried out, it actually worked pretty well. And when you get a phone replaced, they give you a re-purposed phone. So basically, it was a phone someone else returned for whatever reason.

That was the sh*ttiest phone I've ever had.
I dropped it once.. ONCE and the screen turned black and I couldn't use it anymore. >:T
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 10-08-2019, 05:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidbarker View Post
gestures to the fact that apple and android / google / whatever the fuck is behind the fucking android phones purposefully slow down the phones after a year or so.
Apple is the only one I know of to do that intentionally, and it's not based on time, it's based on battery condition; they lower the power consumption of the phone in order to make it last longer on a charge. Replace the battery and it speeds back up. (As long as you get it replaced by an authorized Apple service center, because Apple does give a big middle finger to third-party service because it won't trust a replacement battery unless it's given an Apple seal of approval.)
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-08-2019, 06:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #21  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava View Post
I dropped my phone in the toilet once
Mom did this once, a few phones ago. Other than it randomly maxing volume out for a while, it worked fine until it finally gave up the ghost. It was six or seven years old by them, which us old for a smartphone. Droid Ultra
And then when her next phone's battery suddenly refused to hold a charge she had to think to remember if it was that one or the previous. Note 5
Then the replacement phone did the same thing with the battery, but took less time to get to it. Also Note 5
Now she's on an A50 that she got while at Vegas
No broken screens tho

quest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
Kitalpha is a face again! 8O
Quote:
hart is now a face again. rejoice.

if you read this you owe me one aurum
Old Posted 10-08-2019, 06:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
My first phone was a Nokia flip phone that would regularly yeet itself out of my pocket onto concrete and continue working (STG I probably could've run over it and it would've still worked). My first smartphone was an iPhone 5, and that fucker lived in its case. when it came time for me to upgrade, the phone service worker was impressed by how pristine it was for an almost three year old phone. My current phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7, and like my iPhone, it lives in its case. it has fallen a few times, but it has not broken, and has never had a screen crack. my case is silicone and a flip-over outer shell.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 10-09-2019, 10:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #23  
Well yeah, Nokias of that era were famous for their durability. The Nokia 3310 could survive being rolled over by a car.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-09-2019, 11:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Did they test that? And if so, is there video footage of it?
Old Posted 10-10-2019, 05:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #25  
I think my first phone was the Nokia Kajeet, as a beta tester
Got a lot of stickers, dog tags, etc, themed to Kajeet characters. Came in a colorful box too
A different phone kept turning off after getting a text message so we went to get it checked and turns out I needed to replace it cuz all the pins for charging were bent, broken, or missing. Charged fine, but okay
My first smartphone, a droid maxx, got a virus from the chrome app, of all things. Kept forcing it to shut down cuz it kept bringing up a popup that would immediately replace itself if you closed it out
Good times, switched to firefox and got a couple more years out of it. Had to spend another week with the popups, but their frequency took a steep dive over that week so they weren't consistent

quest

Quote:
Quote:

Old Posted 10-10-2019, 06:54 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I've dropped my phone dozens of times and my screen is perfectly fine.

Yet I see people with phones that have shattered or cracked screens. Like wtf did you do, throw it down on the concrete???

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 10-10-2019, 07:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #27  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death by Mirrors View Post
Did they test that? And if so, is there video footage of it?
I don't know if Nokia did, but tons of fans did.

First good example I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnk1UYBblq0

Old Posted 10-10-2019, 09:18 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
i think i dropped my galaxy s5 phone on concrete once. other than a few dents, it works fine.

the screen has started to glitch, though, which makes me think there's a mild disconnect in the wires, that i'll probably have to get sorted out sooner or later, but i can't trust anyone well enough to do it because it has my data on there.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 10-10-2019, 10:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #29  
Backups, man. Don't put it off until it's too late.

Old Posted 10-10-2019, 10:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Thank you!
Looks like an awesome sturdy all purpose phone ^^ mine is pretty durable as well, but I wouldn't trust it to survive a car like that.
Old Posted 10-10-2019, 10:40 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #31  
never had a phone screen break they just die and never come on once they're too old or the charging port gets fucked up, only have used androids
Old Posted 10-10-2019, 12:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
My sister's first smartphone was a BlackBerry, to tell you how long ago this was
She was a paramedic at the time
That phone took a lot of abuse, and it was being driven over that finally broke it

quest

Quote:
Quote:

Old Posted 10-11-2019, 01:51 PM Reply With Quote