Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #17  
Pretty much exactly her point Taletha =(
Several of us have enthusiams but lack skills or time to do it. I'm the former obviously. Maybe if I had patience enough to improve my drawing ability. But since I do not well webcomic for now remains a happy dream and the bulk of Trisphee focuses on other things the community and staff can commit energy to.

Related to the comic though did you have any ideas? =)
Even if it may not happen I do like to imagine a comic strip. But if it feels more saddening for you than anything I understan.d
Old Posted 04-04-2014, 01:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
*Personal point* Start with a crappy skilled webcomic with a decent storyline, then improve from there?
(If some comics can become great and use stick figures...)
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 04-04-2014, 12:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #19  
You are, of course, welcome to make your own fan comic, but like nexxy says, Trisphee doesn't have the resources to support the effort, so it would strictly be an unofficial thing.

If you can find the dedication (and time) to make your own comic, be it based on Trisphee users, or something else entirely, I'm certain you will see improvement in your abilities... Just look at early comics of Penny Arcade or Dresden Codak compared with now.
Old Posted 04-04-2014, 12:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Derp
If I had the time, skills and dedication to make a webcomic, I would be my own thing and not a Trisphee fancomic - again, no offense. :P

This was an idea to bolster the site itself. But just so you know, no matter the circumstances, if ideas like this one (I remember someone once mentioned they wanted make a flash...or java game? =_=) keep getting shot down, the site....well, it's gonna far from thrive.
Old Posted 04-04-2014, 02:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #21  
I think you misunderstand my intent.

I like webcomics. I even like the idea of a Trisphee one. But now is not the time for me to be pursuing starting that. I am simply letting you know that there is no problem if people want to make something on their own.

(And really, if someone is going to make a webcomic, it should be their own thing.)

As for games... I'm not sure what you're referring to on shooting that stuff down... Games are planned to be a thing in Trisphee. (But it's not as if we could possibly pursue every idea that people have.)
Old Posted 04-04-2014, 03:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Derp
I don't remember lol. Somebody mentioned about making a...

Okay, serious question: If you wanted a new game on here, what would it be?
Old Posted 04-04-2014, 04:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #23  
For the moment, it would be little things. We've had a few games written using JavaScript for events in the past (I wrote one). So, probably more things along that line.

Specifically? I'm not sure.
Old Posted 04-04-2014, 05:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawtan View Post
*Personal point* Start with a crappy skilled webcomic with a decent storyline, then improve from there?
(If some comics can become great and use stick figures...)
It can work if the writing and/or panel setup makes the content engaging. Personally I'm not too great at being succinct. Elaborate character backgrounds and interpersonal histories are easier for me than a punchline.

You got a story brewing in your head Lawtan? ;)
Old Posted 04-04-2014, 11:29 PM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
Default   #25  
Well since kenai and law are still interested from what I can tell I can make some time helping you put together a storyline to follow? Or giving you a basic outline you can make your story around, that is if you'd like the help.

Old Posted 04-04-2014, 11:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
I have many stories brewing. Question is which one would work with Trisphee, or should I brew up a different one altogether? What would people want in such a comic?
If there is support for the comic, I was willing to go through the entire storyline to figure it out (Nexess giving a nice background...or the old summary link as I lost it. would be nice :3)
__

__

Old Posted 04-05-2014, 01:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #27  
Duplex postex, my bad.
__

__

Old Posted 04-05-2014, 01:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Here is the link I think you are talking about I"m reading like one thing at a time while I play games. So it'll be awhile before I learn enough.

Good questions. I wonder if they should be continued here for a lack of a better place....

Anywho if we are to start then we are an unofficial comic. And if I, of all people, am the artist doing this for fun the strip will have to be simple enough. Perhaps a mix of plot and funny strips? The story could focus on some Trisphites living in the world going through some wacky experiences.

Any other details depends on the continuity chosen and of course setting. I'm reading the races page right now.

I'm gonna hunt down some random arts 'o mine that might work for a comic. And I'm gonna go look for my tablet pen xD Poor thing has been sitting in a box in the garage. I hope I can find it ._."

[x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

The examples were chosen for their different styles and do-ability on a regular basis. The last one sucks bad but that chibi style is an option. Perhaps I could give traditional drawings a shot again. Might be easier to draw than a tablet.
Last edited by Kenai; 04-05-2014 at 01:58 AM.
Old Posted 04-05-2014, 01:40 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #29  
>.> I can draw too, somewhat, if that helps :3
Night alls <3
__

__

Old Posted 04-05-2014, 01:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
I am not at all trying to usurp your right to draw >3> And it might help though your style is so different. I hope some medium will work out so one can draw when the other is burnt out.

Quote:
(Understand; I have midterms, Astronomy, Java, Permaculture, 3 RP's, a novella/poem to write, self-help (exercise/archery/karate), programming, and SCP stuff that I need to work on as well, so it may be a few days before I can get to your request. Thank you.)
Also I remember this bit from your shop. O-O
You are not taking on too many things are you Lawtan?
Old Posted 04-05-2014, 02:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #31  
*Wasn't going for offended - was going for "we have 2 semi artists/writers"
__

__

Old Posted 04-05-2014, 02:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
whoo like two halves to complete each other (not meant to sound romantic)

Also you said some time ago good night...not that I want you to leave but I'm typing with the idea that you won't respond only you do xD
Old Posted 04-05-2014, 02:40 AM Reply With Quote