It Won't Stop
Default   #1297  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidbarker View Post
also, radical remix is now gone with the wind. :(
gotta cycle out the old if we're gonna bring in the new

Old Posted 09-07-2019, 07:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
regrettably. i do like the aesthetics introduced with Radical Remix, though.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 09-07-2019, 07:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #1299  
(Background: My two closest friends and I often chat about which friend we are out of specific trios.)

Worms and Sonia: You're the dramatic androgynous vampire with daddy issues.

Me: Wait, how am *I* Alucard?

-after watching the first season of Castlevania-

Me: Ah, yes, I am Alucard.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 09-08-2019, 01:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merskelly Metalien View Post
o-o Death, wait! That cake might make you skip all the romantic/sex scenes in a movie. xD YOU'RE WELCOME THOUGH!!
...it does? *stares at cake like Hamlet with his skull*

Okay, I got a plan.

Bake more of it! Send them to all studio bosses, directors, writers - heck, send them to everyone! Perhaps this will lead to a greater selection of movies that don't include any to begin with.
Old Posted 09-08-2019, 01:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #1301  
does espy is vampire????? only we will know the truth behind this.

Old Posted 09-08-2019, 11:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Eyyy, vampire-inspired avatar. Haven’t done gothic red/black in so long.

Also no, I’ve never been particularly vampire-y.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 09-08-2019, 12:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #1303  
The only reason aphobia exists at all is because of identity politics.

Asexuality used to be considered a virtue and even today there are religious groups that demand celibacy. People react to it the way they do now because it's gone from being a curious background fact about someone that wouldn't even matter (and would be considered noble if it DID come up) to being something that a small but vocal group has trumpeted as an oppressed population that needs recognition -- when, in fact, they weren't oppressed to begin with. Getting rolled into the queer community was probably the worst thing that could have happened to ace people, because it means that they're now one of the targets of queerphobic opinions.

If someone were to call themselves "celibate" instead of "ace" then I bet people would react totally differently.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 09-08-2019, 02:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death by Mirrors View Post
...it does? *stares at cake like Hamlet with his skull*

Okay, I got a plan.

Bake more of it! Send them to all studio bosses, directors, writers - heck, send them to everyone! Perhaps this will lead to a greater selection of movies that don't include any to begin with.
8} *throws hands up* I didn't bake it! I just obtained a piece overnight somehow. x}
I think lots of directors already have some cake though, that made movies with either little to no romance/sexy parts in it. :]

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 09-08-2019, 03:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #1305  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
The only reason aphobia exists at all is because of identity politics.

Asexuality used to be considered a virtue and even today there are religious groups that demand celibacy. People react to it the way they do now because it's gone from being a curious background fact about someone that wouldn't even matter (and would be considered noble if it DID come up) to being something that a small but vocal group has trumpeted as an oppressed population that needs recognition -- when, in fact, they weren't oppressed to begin with. Getting rolled into the queer community was probably the worst thing that could have happened to ace people, because it means that they're now one of the targets of queerphobic opinions.

If someone were to call themselves "celibate" instead of "ace" then I bet people would react totally differently.
Okay but... "celibate" and "ace" aren't... the same thing...
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 09-08-2019, 03:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Not really? At least, not in a historical context. Historically, having no sense of attraction to anyone would have still resulted in the label "celibate" being appropriate. (Unless of course you were in a sexual relationship with someone you weren't attracted to, but that's neither here nor there.) It's only in the context of modern views on sexuality and the social shift surrounding religion that the term has picked up the current connotations.

And the same is true of "ace." It doesn't say why, only what. For that matter, probing into the underlying "why" of ace would probably be pretty darn offensive to most people, I would imagine.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 09-08-2019, 03:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #1307  
-shrug- All I know is, whereas most people are sexually attracted to any number of genders, I'm not. Whether that's been exacerbated by meds is irrelevant. And ace/aro are queer.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 09-08-2019, 04:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Just give me the number of your dealer/bakery then. And a list of movies, because right now all I can think of is war films. I'd love a good vampire flick that's not cheesy romance, and I haven't yet watched a historical costume drama without romance either.
Old Posted 09-08-2019, 04:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #1309  
sad, feel like i don't belong anywhere again.

also my right hand (which is conveniently my dominant hand) had a spike of numb. got an ache in my elbow. sucks.

Old Posted 09-08-2019, 07:34 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Coda, while I appreciate the point you're trying to make here with your historical pulls... you're being hurtful towards people like myself that have dealt with the struggle that people under the ace umbrella have.

It's not all about being lumped in with the queer community and being hated on because of that. It's also being pressured into relationships and sex that you don't have any real interest in, or even being raped as a way of 'correcting' matters.

Aphobia is a thing that stretches far beyond simple identity politics. It's something that happens whether there's a label for it or not. For whatever extra issues come up with being lumped into the community, at least it can be talked about now, which is a hell of a lot more than we had.

Old Posted 09-08-2019, 08:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #1311  
ngl, i'm fairly certain coda's got good intentions, just a bit misguided.

the whole issue with being in the LGBT+ / queer community is that there's people that don't believe ace or aro people belong in the community. and because we don't belong in the straight / heterosexual community either as a result of not having sexual or romantic attraction, we're practically ostracised from people with the same experiences.

plus a lot of the arguments are rehashed biphobia, which opens up a whole new can of worms.

Old Posted 09-08-2019, 08:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
thanks.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 09-08-2019, 09:11 PM Reply With Quote