Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Zombie Platypus
Question Can't Set Social Group Picture   #1  
I just made a social group, but I am having trouble setting the little picture for it. I tried a few different pictures, and I made sure they were all smaller than 200 by 200, and I tried jpg and png, I tried uploading from my computer, and I tried going through a website. But I just keep getting "Invalid File." Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Old Posted 01-03-2017, 05:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
You're not doing anything wrong. It just doesn't work. Social groups are a largely-neglected feature of the site. The styling doesn't even work. In this particular case, uploads are disabled so you're not allowed to add a picture in the first place, and I'm surprised it's even offering the option.

Anyway, most groups use hangout threads in the Club House section instead of social groups.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-03-2017, 05:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Zombie Platypus
Default   #3  
Ok, glad it's not just me then! Thank you!
Old Posted 01-03-2017, 05:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
-is prolly the only one who uses social groups- >->

they can be useful for things, like I have a crunchyroll hangout but I don't want to bog down posts with certain things, so i use the social groups x'D

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 01-03-2017, 11:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #5  
You are, indeed, the only one who uses them, DK. We checked. ^^()

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-04-2017, 12:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Neutral Good
Actually, I created one myself so I'm also one who uses social groups. :< Glad it wasn't just me encountering the problem.
Art Gallery
Vee | 18 | INFP-T 6w5 | Neutral Good

Old Posted 01-04-2017, 03:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Zombie Platypus
Default   #7  
I really like the idea of the social groups! :) I'm not as good with hangouts because I'm not very good at small talk or at jumping into conversations. I like that the social groups can have a little more order to them I guess. Although it will probably end up just being me talking to myself!
Old Posted 01-04-2017, 09:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
We like the idea of social groups, but they don't do their job very well.

Social groups make sense when you have a huge established community and you need a better way to organize it. But Trisphee doesn't have that problem (though we all wish it did). The problem for Trisphee is that social groups don't have very good visibility, so any activity that happens in social groups is activity that isn't making Trisphee look more active for new users thinking about joining the site.

It should also be noted that in addition to not having their page styling set up, social groups don't give aurum or items for posting, and they don't count towards achievements or automatic user title changes.

Old Posted 01-04-2017, 12:47 PM Reply With Quote