Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Icy Footed
Default   #3377  
:D Heyy, that happened to me once too on my old campus.
Well, nothing really to be happy about, actually, :/ as I coulda been hit easily crossing the road...O-O The driver barely even stopped in time, and just kept driving after I halted on the walkway.
but damn,
8/ did my heart skip a beat when it got real close! I feel ya Kaderin...

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 07-18-2020, 12:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Goals...

Old Posted 07-19-2020, 03:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #3379  
it feels vaguely like nobody wants to even bother seeing my art. nobody seems to reblog it, so what the fuck am i supposed to do?

i just want love and attention, dammit.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 07-19-2020, 10:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Talking about near-traffic incidents reminds me of when I was... 15 or 16, I think.

I got hit by a daycare bus!

I was following all of the rules. I was standing at the intersection, ready to walk my bike across the street instead of riding it, once the crossing light said it was safe to go. The traffic lights changed, the cars came to a stop, the crossing light turned on, I looked both ways just to be sure, and I started out across the street.

The daycare bus behind me decided that would be a good time to turn right.

Knocked me over. Knocked my bike over on top of me. Dug the grip texture of the pedal into my leg, leaving me with a big gash. The driver didn't even get out to see if I was okay. They just saw that I picked myself up, picked my bike up, and got out of the street, and then they took off.

I was almost to my high school by that point, so I just walked my bike the rest of the way there. (Certainly couldn't ride it.) I pulled my sock up to try to keep the bleeding under control until I could get to the office. I didn't realize how bad the damage actually was until I got there and took a moment to look myself over.

I'll be honest, I don't actually remember what happened next. Pretty sure the nurse helped clean me up and bandage my wounds and I went to class. I heard later that the driver got fired.
Games by Coda (updated 10/1/2023 - New game: Adrift)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-19-2020, 01:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #3381  
i'm surprised the goddamn driver wasn't sued, frankly.

i've had near misses before, haven't been in a proper accident yet, have witnessed one accident where a window got shattered.

one of my older brothers has been in an accident before and broke his leg. he's fine now.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 07-21-2020, 09:46 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
eUe;
I hope I don't seem like a total outlier from my co-workers...because I feel like a total outlier, and like, not even an adult even, not even. I'm a 26 year old idiot. Not adult at all. I don't get everything yet. *BIG sigh*
<x{ Imma have to fake it 'til I make my way through so much aren't I?
<:[ Ohhh geeez, I don't even know to tell anyone I've never done any of this before, it's my first job. <x{ Somebody sometime is goin' to be hard on me for something I did or didn't do, and I'll be so exhausted from it so so quickly, that I'll want to just shrink away and quit.
;_; oh man...
I need to frickin' calm down and just prepare for the day. It's only 4 1/2 hours...only 4 1/2...that's a summer college class. Just one.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 07-21-2020, 03:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #3383  
you can do this, merskelly! :)

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 07-21-2020, 04:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
I didit! <x[
Even though I still can't speak to people for the life of me apparently. Ouff.
My legs need a rest. <x'}

Old Posted 07-21-2020, 11:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #3385  
see, you can do it! :)

what did they have you doing?

currently reading: Cold Curses by Chloe Neill (#20) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 07-21-2020, 11:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Putting go back items back where they were at,
aaand working the register. :o Ringing up customers until I somewhat got the hang of it.

Old Posted 07-22-2020, 12:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #3387  
yeah, that sounds about right. I'm on register when we're open. Sunday night is the night I close, and that's like the only time I do returns/go backs and recovery XD

it doesn't help that we recently rearranged almost the entire store, so most things are in new places for me XD

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 07-22-2020, 12:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Icy Footed
Ooh, yep! <x] That's totally what our store seems to like doing apparently. Stuff moves around and is re-arranged all the time according to my co-workers!

Actual shout tho: After I shower, Imma shut myself in a room and WRITE! >U<

Old Posted 07-22-2020, 06:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #3389  
well the seasonal stuff gets moved all the time. but since I've been there, several sections that have always been in the same places have switched it up. most recently, our t-shirts, which were on the right side of the store about half way back... are now almost all the way in the opposite back corner! o_O

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 07-22-2020, 07:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Am full of petty minor annoyance today because I ordered a large latte and the lady making it didn't ask "hot or iced" and started making it iced (it's hot out so she probably just assumed I wanted something cold and it's not a place I got to regularly so she doesn't know that it can be over 100 degrees out and I'll still take my latte hot), which I didn't notice until she was half done making it. But it's still coffee, and I didn't want to waste it so I just took it even though it doesn't taste as good to me as it would hot. *pouts*
Old Posted 07-29-2020, 02:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3391  
Recently discovered that Disney has altered a few words/lines in the Pocahontas song, Savages when I picked it up on dvd.
While I understand their reasoning for doing so (the lyrics changed were fairly minor changes like changing "kill" to "get" stuff like that to make it seem less bad/negative and minor changes to the terms used to describe the natives, even though it's literally a scene where the Native Americans and white settlers are arming up to go kill each other), I found it incredibly jarring to be singing along to a song and suddenly the lyrics I grew up singing were different.
It was kind of like the first time I watched Beauty and the Beast on dvd and discovered that they'd added that awful previously cut song Human Again into it. And they didn't even offer a version without the song. Blech!
Old Posted 08-09-2020, 01:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
It was kind of like the first time I watched Beauty and the Beast on dvd and discovered that they'd added that awful previously cut song Human Again into it. And they didn't even offer a version without the song. Blech!
so 1- come on over my place and watch the original BatB on VHS! XD and 2- i didn't know that Human Again was actually in the movie, i thought it was just in the stage version?

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 08-09-2020, 01:23 PM Reply With Quote